Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
WTK HOW DOES EVERYBODY SEAL THEIR GROW BAGS? * 2
    #29608293 -

I am wondering how people seal their grow bags. I tried using a 12 inch wallaby impulse sealer, but it doesn’t do a very good job. I’ve heard of a vendor that has some sort of clip system, but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Anyone have any suggestions?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTK HOW DOES EVERYBODY SEAL THEIR GROW BAGS? [Re: Iron Lance] * 1
    #29608316 -

Fold four times and clip with clothes pin

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTK HOW DOES EVERYBODY SEAL THEIR GROW BAGS? [Re: Iron Lance]
    #29608412 -

I use a 12” ULine impulse sealer. It takes a bit to get the timing down. Too short, ineffective seal. Too long, it burns through. Any wrinkles or crinkles impair the seal. I seal it 3 times just to make sure it’s closed effectively.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTK HOW DOES EVERYBODY SEAL THEIR GROW BAGS? [Re: Imatryin]
    #29608419 -

I use the sealer on my amazon vacuum sealer. Two seal cycles is perfect! Or I use zip ties at the top if I’m lazy.


--------------------
*Not a therapist - Do not take advice from me

Be nice. You are loved. You deserve happiness. You are not alone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTK HOW DOES EVERYBODY SEAL THEIR GROW BAGS? [Re: JoeTherapist]
    #29608424 -

Binder clips were great. All you do is fold the material over three or four times and then in upon itself to give it enough bulk to grip onto.

I’ve been doing it for years

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTK HOW DOES EVERYBODY SEAL THEIR GROW BAGS? [Re: 99.99] * 1
    #29608432 -



--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTK HOW DOES EVERYBODY SEAL THEIR GROW BAGS? [Re: Kloakk]
    #29608543 -

Kloakk said:
Gripstick :awesomenod:







Do they survive the heat of sterilization?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTK HOW DOES EVERYBODY SEAL THEIR GROW BAGS? [Re: Iron Lance]
    #29608583 -

Iron Lance said:
Do they survive the heat of sterilization?



I doubt it, all my bags come out the PC like a vacuum packed brick, so no need to have them on during sterilization.


--------------------
“All Fungi are edible.

Some fungi are only edible once.”
― Terry Pratchett


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: WTK HOW DOES EVERYBODY SEAL THEIR GROW BAGS? [Re: Kloakk]
    #29608924 -

If you don’t like the binder clip idea, this is what I use now a fantastic little device it is

Impulse Heat Sealer Manual Bags... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08DG49RMX?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Long-Term Storage of Vacuum-Sealed Mushroom Bags and the Effect of Temperature jonatan 407 19 06/23/26 05:02 AM
by Dave Bennett
* rye, bags, sealers and other great stuff WOmbdAbblER 1,471 7 09/21/01 01:28 AM
by BrownPastures
* Wise/Unwise: Sealing Myco-Bag Question socalshroomer 2,751 2 02/04/02 03:51 PM
by socalshroomer
* Sealed filter bag+rye=10-Mega-Berry Fission Bomb? BeautifulDay 2,161 7 03/06/02 12:09 PM
by MAIA
* Getting more than one flush from a grow bag. daussaulit 10,086 6 04/20/09 07:23 PM
by RitMan
* shroom grow bags...sporeworks vs. bluethumbs JonnyOnTheSpot 7,457 3 04/15/02 11:31 AM
by 40oz
* Myco grow bag questions 40oztofreedom 5,501 6 10/24/02 12:18 AM
by daussaulit
* magic grow bag problems? sockitysock 5,875 5 03/31/02 05:42 AM
by SouthernGent

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
150 topic views. 11 members, 56 guests and 232 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.