Home | Community | Message Board

PlanetSpores.ca
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Doom3
    #2960172 -

Runs crappy on my puter and i have a 2.1, radeon 9700, and 784 ram.  I can play unreal2004 in 1024x768 too...

Good thing i didnt buy it.  :smirk:


--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: baraka]
    #2960235 -

Dude, I'm having trouble getting it to work. I get the "put the cd in, yada yada..." when I try to run the game, even though it's in there (I didn't buy it,I burned them, just so you know). Is there any way around not having a usable cd?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: ]
    #2960314 -

use the crack included with the download, smarty pants

if you downloaded an ISO, look for a folder called "crack" on one of the cds

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: Turd]
    #2960398 -

There wasn't any crack with.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: ]
    #2960402 -

then you should try to find the crack by itself.

i need to get kazaa-lite again, i'm tired of gnucleus.


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: canid]
    #2960418 -

Guys, guys, guys..I was just about to post this.

I was almost ready to download Doom 3, but then I look at SuprNova..

Doom 3 came out TODAY, and it's been downloaded almost 45,000 times. That's 2,475,000 dollars. Do you have any idea how terrible that is? These people poured their heart and soul into this game, and it's been downloaded 45,000 times! IT CAME OUT TODAY!

I felt dirty when I saw that, and I didn't download it. Maybe I can change some people's minds.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: freddurgan]
    #2960420 -

That's awful decent of you Fred!


--------------------
Acid doesn't give you truths; it builds machines that push the envelope of perception. Whatever revelations came to me then have dissolved like skywriting. All I really know is that those few years saddled me with a faith in the redemptive potential of the imagination which, however flat, stale and unprofitable the world seems to me now, I cannot for the life of me shake.

-Erik Davis

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #2960433 -

It isn't decent enough..I was about to download it. Shame on me, and shame on everyone. 45,000 times? Jesus christ...


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: freddurgan]
    #2960443 -

of course people are going to download it if it's available online before in stores

I garuntee you many of those people will end up buying doom3

and I agree, piracy ir shitty, but I've accepted it as a part of the game community. There's a reason why game companies aren't pulling an RIAA and going after game downloaders: it's not hurting companies enough for it to be worth fighting.

I work in the games industry. I buy my games. I have not, and will not download doom 3.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: freddurgan]
    #2960449 -

IMO: that is partialy symptomatic oc vastly overinflated software prices at large; although, i do not know what the retail price of this game is.


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: canid]
    #2960462 -

The retail price is high, 55 dollars. But that doesn't justify this! Since when did everyone just accept thievery?

45,000 downloads! That number is NOT going to stop. It's going to get bigger, and bigger, and bigger.

2,475,000 dollars id/Activision lost. What a joke. And it just came out today.


--------------------
Ishmael
http://www.ishmael.org

Ron Paul 2008!
http://www.ronpaul2008.com/

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: freddurgan]
    #2960497 -

goddammit

people automaitcally assume that a game downloaded is a sale lost

use your brain here. I'm not going to explain it for you. Most people that download games wouldnt have bought them anyway. Well, not most, but your calculations are still way off.

Secondly, game prices are NOT over inflated. Nobody is getting disgustingly rich in the games industry. We make game because we love. We usually only get paid for half the time we work. That's right. We stay and CHOOSE to work massive amounts of overtime because we LOVE what we do and we want to make the best fucking game we can. I'm chalking your comment up to ignorance, but don't think the games industry robs people like the music industry does. Yes, game revenue topped movie sales, but guess what? I costs a shitload of money to make a game.

When you get paid to work 40 hour weeks, but instead choose to work 10 hours a day, 6 days a week, and then someone accuses you of inflating your prices, it's a pretty big fucking slap in the face.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: Turd]
    #2960522 -

Just outa curiosity....if game prices aren't over inflated.. then how come the price always drops after a few months on the market???.. They start selling them for a loss then? Don't think so.. i'm not saying everyone should run out and download games.. but they do overinflate prices, atleast when they first hit the market.


--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!


I do what i can with what i don't have!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: iluan]
    #2960528 -

new games come out all the time

a 6 month old game that costs $50 will NOT be able to compete with a brand new game for the same price. $50 or $10, the logic holds true.

Brain. Use.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: Turd]
    #2960541 -

So when they start selling them for 30 bucks, are they taking a loss?? If not then people are correct when they say prices are inflated. Are they not?


--------------------
Remember..if the women don't find ya handsome,they should atleast find ya handy!


I do what i can with what i don't have!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: iluan]
    #2960546 -

that is up to the retailer. The publisher sells the games for a flat price to places like best buy and gamestop. It's up to them to determine how much profit they want to make.

And yes, once a game hits bargain prices, the retailer loses money. But $10 is better than $0.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: freddurgan]
    #2960581 -

a person downloading copyable software whou would not have otherwise purchased it is not generating a loss to the creator. if the person would otherwise have downloaded it and stole it instead, then a loss would be suffered. this does not apply to all of the people who downloaded the game, so the numbers are not indicative af actual losses.

i won't try to justify it moraly, i agree it's stealing, but it's not as bad as sensationalists would make it out to be. there is simply no physical stock of the product being lost wich would need to ble replaced as in the theft of real goods.

any loss of income resultant from a product's theft is a blow to the creator, and i feel bad about it, but i'll not loose sleep. in my oppinion, it is incentive for programmers [as with musicians] to create *WORKING/QUALITY* software/music and sell them for reasonable prices [as in the windows opperating system] instead of the goal of making outrageous amounts of money. this aws the orrigional goal if ID software in the first place, as while it still is for the most part, this is not true for the software industry at large.


[edit: damn turd, i should have read your post before writing that all out...]


--------------------



Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: canid]
    #2960596 -

I have friends working at ID

they are just as dedicated, if not moreso, to making great games as any other game company out there.

most people dont appreciate the work that goes into a game. There are few people more passionate about their jobs than those in the game industry.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: canid]
    #2960625 -

I should also have mentioned that it's usually not up to the game studio how a game is sold. That's the publisher's job. Publishers generally don't make games, but rather they have contracts with the individual studios (or they simply own the studio, but have little direct influence in the actual game content).

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Doom3 [Re: canid]
    #2960963 -

I downloaded this game because its not out in this country yet, but guess what? I'm going to go out and buy it when it comes out, like all the games i enjoy i do. Sometimes im glad i actually got to try the product before purcahsing a game, some games really arent worth the prices they set the games at! ie unreal 2.

Anyway, back to the main topic, im loving this game. Im playing in 1024 on low detail and its very playable. The sound in this game is something else and the graphics altho dark are very amazing. The whole atmosphere of the game is something else.

Imo ID have raised the bar of what a game should be once again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Downloading music and movies illegally...
( 1 2 all )
MrPink 6,186 34 04/05/04 10:55 AM
by OJK
* doom3 *DELETED* roby000 790 11 04/12/05 07:21 AM
by kronnyQ
* Should I play doom3 on pc or Halo 2 on xbox? Captain Loafy McPoopdick 507 5 06/13/05 09:47 AM
by Cytokine
* doom3 baraka 393 2 08/02/04 12:21 PM
by Turd
* Grateful Dead Downloads Will Be Restored at Archive.org Noviseer 2,470 7 12/02/05 04:58 PM
by geokills
* Calgary's pot industry Scratcher 1,999 16 11/11/03 04:17 PM
by Turd
* Vulture's Guide to Downloading and Burning MP3 and SHN files
( 1 2 all )
Vulture 8,747 22 06/09/04 03:33 PM
by Vulture
* Grateful Dead "Shroomery Pics" Download Thread
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 all )
geokillsA 32,472 148 09/28/12 02:47 PM
by vinsue

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
3,183 topic views. 2 members, 24 guests and 115 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.034 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.