Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMrTechnoShaman
addict
Loc: Canada
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular [Re: Mitchnast]
    #293887 - 04/16/01 05:35 PM (23 years, 5 days ago)

It's cool when you find lotsa people to shroom with, the more the merrier... I agree that if you eat them too often the experiences will definately not be as pleasant than if you just eat them once in a while. maybe there is some potential for a shroom boom sometime soon :smile:

---
Dream what you live and live what you dream

--------------------
---

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineuncarved_block
journeyman

Loc: High Country
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular
    #294356 - 04/16/01 12:17 PM (23 years, 5 days ago)

There was an acid boom in the 90's?
I must have missed it. The 80's and 90's acid situation seemed very similar to me. One difference was more liquid in the 90s (and better quality) but I was in college (for the first half) and I fugure I had better connections.
Did usage soar? Got any references?

"such a fine line between stupid and...clever."

--------------------
"such a fine line between stupid and...clever."

OfflineDividedSky
journeyman
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular [Re: uncarved_block]
    #294449 - 04/16/01 03:15 PM (23 years, 5 days ago)

Shrooms, as far as I can tell, are really popular. The only problem is, at least around here, nobody knows where to get them. And so the only people who have them are those who grow or are friends of someone who grows. TONS of people ask me all the time where they could get like a couple bags of them, and of course, always say no:) since I would not have any sort of idea on who grows them:)

OfflineMitchnast
Toadmonger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Okanagan
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular [Re: DividedSky]
    #294523 - 04/16/01 05:11 PM (23 years, 5 days ago)

i think its foolish alltogether :) i hear ya tho. i was the first person among all my aquaintences to actually take shrooms and have a good trip. about a year after my first purchaced trip. i was harcore into hunting. and once i started finding them i was finding them evryday. i even had my rotation of patches that i would check evry few days. it got to the point that i would see green grass and walk towards it. or take the scenic route through a pasture and emerge with mushrooms to share with people at my destination. before me, there was the occasional mushroom user in this area, mush was a rare thing. and only available in certain groups.
untill one day i found a huge patch covering about an acre of lawn after a major thunderstorm. i grabbed a few friends of mine who were hardcore chemical-heads and we filled a few ball caps and just put them in a big heap on a picknick table in the center of the park. i dug out all my dried mushies that i had saved in a pizza box and layed them out in 3 gram lumps on tha table. we then declared it mushroom day. most of the people never had them before, but it was a unanimous thumbs up. one guy was a little tripped out, but then he hopped into a new camaro and was given a crazy mystery drive. he became one with the back seat and speant the rest of the day grining and laughing. one group of guys got lost and found themselves on the army base, then they ran into MPs and freaked out. the thought they had run accross a military secret operation. i pretty much just stuck to a few people. it was fun, i gotta say i much prefer tripping when evryone else is also tripping. being the only person makes me sorta self consious. especially when im trying to bury myself in a handful of dirt in front of the post office so nobody will see my legs and arms are all twisted into spirals 100 ft long.

after that day evrybody had to have em. i was more than happy to share, but i never had them for long. ive since made the desision not to share with anyone but close friends tho, i got sorta tired of being called mushroom mitch.
but now evrybody got a taste for them. if that doesnt make them in demand and more available i dont know what will.
ive never once considered selling them and i got alot of flack from my peers for this. people started talking shit like i think their sacred or holy and therefore cant be sold. or i find it disrespectful to the mushroom. maybe i feel that way while tripping. but fact is i promised my mother i wouldnt become a drug dealer. and thats a good enough reason for me. i havent got anything against free enterprise. but a promise is a promise.
i think shrooms have evry potential to become popular. i also think however they can easily fall from grace if used to often or too many at once. take acid for example. its pretty hard to get too. the main difference is it doesnt grow evrywhere like shrooms. :) gotta love em. the perfect drug.
non addictive, no carcinogens, no lung damage, and they feel so damn good. if there was a way to make them cheap and easy to grow that would be sweet. as it is now i think most people cant be bothered.

always wear a condom

the northern lights have seen queer sites
but the queerest they ever did see
was the night at the marge of lake lebarge
i cremated sam mcgee.

OfflineIts Pat
Still kicking
 User Gallery

Loc: THAT MAKES ME BETTER THAN YOU
    #294556 - 04/16/01 05:50 PM (23 years, 5 days ago)

There is no way DMT will ever become a cliche party drug like X. I don't think too many Rollers would be into the voyage this trip has to offer!

Its Pat, representing the L.B.C. Since `73

--------------------

BigUpRadio
WorldReggaeShow
DreaderThanDread - Listen!
(druqs said) don't get arsey, just get RC.

Offlinehatter
addict
    #294637 - 04/16/01 07:22 PM (23 years, 5 days ago)

Actually, I was talking about shrooms, not DMT..

Tried DMT once, and it was just TOO balls to the wall for my taste.

--------------------
How is a raven like a writing desk?

How deep is the rabbit hole? To find out, go.to/FreeSporeRing

OfflineMrTechnoShaman
addict
    #294720 - 04/16/01 08:50 PM (23 years, 5 days ago)

around here I guess the big thing is weed (of course) and X. some people snort lines on weekends and shit... so yeah I ask lotsa people if they want mushrooms or if they like 'em and I always get the same responses, ie: "shrooms are not my thing", "they make me too edgy", etc.

---

--------------------
---

InvisibleBirdseye
donald
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular [Re: MrTechnoShaman]
    #294900 - 04/17/01 01:19 AM (23 years, 5 days ago)

The reason shrooms are not popular is lack of availability. I know plenty of people who REALLY want mushrooms, but won't do acid, and never can find mushrooms. They want the "natural" trip. Whatever.

InvisibleBirdseye
donald
    #295280 - 04/17/01 03:12 PM (23 years, 4 days ago)

Popular according to what standard? Or what region? Difficult to decide unless everyone agrees on a definition for "popular"

OfflineHB
Male User Gallery

#295421 - 04/17/01 05:32 PM (23 years, 4 days ago)

around where i live shrooms arent POPULAR, but more people do them than acid bcuz of the reputation acid gets--i personally dont enjoy shrooms (i only did a relatively small dose the first time (1 gram of cubies), so i only got very minor visuals) I like acid a lot bcuz i know it will definitely get me fucked up, shrooms vary in potency too much (with so many different species) and u cant measure the potency either so...ya

We're all mad here...

OfflineMrTechnoShaman
addict
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular [Re: HB]
    #295473 - 04/17/01 06:29 PM (23 years, 4 days ago)

whats up with people saying shrooms are popular?? look they are not.. they are no big concern to the U.S. DEA compared to Ecstacy, LSD, etc. Well I would say they are popular at outdoor raves specially the psy-trance parties.

---

--------------------
---

OfflineMrTechnoShaman
addict
    #295478 - 04/17/01 06:32 PM (23 years, 4 days ago)

holo; shut up, you should stay in more

---

--------------------
---

OfflineJust a Punk
Shithawk

#295780 - 04/18/01 12:22 AM (23 years, 4 days ago)

>1. Shrooms are aren't avialbe (especially in the north!) as one may know of!

Yes, they are.

>2. There not as easy to conseal as acid, or any other drug!

They're not much different than weed in that aspect.

>3. There more expensive!

You can get shrooms for under $80 an oz if you have good hookups.

>4. Rumor has it, that your more likely to have a bad trip on shrooms vs. Lsd!

This is just completely untrue. Shrooms are far more forgiving than acid. Acid lasts longer and is a "harsher" trip.

>5. Lsd is the more popular drug of the ages!, now its X.

Agreed.

Join the cause! Legalize in Canada!
http://www.marijuanaparty.org

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
:B

InvisibleBirdseye
donald
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular [Re: Just a Punk]
    #295801 - 04/18/01 12:36 AM (23 years, 4 days ago)

Yes, and because shrooms are not widely available, most people don't have good hookups and do pay $25 1/8 or higher!

OfflineKrendle
veteran
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular [Re: Birdseye]
    #296349 - 04/18/01 06:18 PM (23 years, 3 days ago)

Oh yea, it is outrageous what shrooms can command. The situation here is similar to that which other people describe, many people want them, pretty much no one can get them. Hopefully my monkey can get his spores and start growing soon!

This space for rent.

--------------------
First person to PM me with a truly witty sig gets to see their words at the bottom of my posts :wink:

OfflineMrTechnoShaman
addict
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular [Re: Krendle]
    #297183 - 04/19/01 07:59 PM (23 years, 2 days ago)

well I mean, it's even harder to find decend acid around.

---

--------------------
---

Offlinefecalfacial
Stranger
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular [Re: Just a Punk]
    #297437 - 04/20/01 05:53 AM (23 years, 2 days ago)

c007jason ~ "4. Rumor has it, that your more likely to have a bad trip on shrooms vs. Lsd!"

And that is all it is, a RUMOR. No truth to that whatsoever. Individual experiences on psychedelic substances differ from person to person, it is entirely subjective wheather or not a person has a good or bad experience.

Just A Punk ~ "completely untrue. Shrooms are far more forgiving than acid. Acid lasts longer and is a "harsher" trip."

Just A Punk while it may be true that acid lasts longer than shrooms, your statements that lsd is harsher than shrooms is as false as c007jason's statement. It is subjective. You are spreading false information, please refrain.

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular [Re: fecalfacial]
    #297524 - 04/20/01 09:59 AM (23 years, 1 day ago)

I agree with fecalfacial 100 percent regarding everything he just quoted.

and I must add that according to DAWN (Drug Abuse Warning Network Staff that Mushrooms are considered the number one drug of choiice by young Americans, not x or pot and followed by alcohol, than pot and then x.

Have a shroomy day

mj

Have a shroomy day and may all of your days be shroomy.

Offlineholographic mind
veteran

#297787 - 04/20/01 03:34 PM (23 years, 1 day ago)

dump19 - "To be honest I dont want any of these shroom booms because it will be abused my posers, which will eventually kill off its uniqueness"

So you 'like' shrooms because not everyone has done them and it makes you feel cool/special because you have done them? In my book that makes you a poser. How would a boom in the popularity of magic mushrooms make a subjective, introspective experience any less unique to the individual user? You are pretty silly.

OfflineShiznitz
addict
Re: The reason 'shrooms are not popular [Re: holographic mind]
    #297884 - 04/20/01 06:10 PM (23 years, 1 day ago)

I think that shrooms aren't that popular because they aren't as easy to get as marijuana/alcohol. I am in gr.11, and I have done shrooms a few times (maybe 8 times), but I've done weed countless times. Everytime I went to buy dope, I would ask about shrooms. Once in a while, he would have some...
Also, whoever said it's a "culture" thing, I agree... If rappers started rappin' about shrooms more often, and more and more people said "shrooms, what are they? Let me try them..." then they would be in higher demand, and they would get more popular... Right now, in my high school in Ontario, I would have to say that not many people have tripped on shrooms... I think this is because most of them don't hear a lot about shrooms, so they aren't interested in tripping...

LEGALIZE...

--------------------
LEGALIZE...

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck