Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please * 2
    #29154135 -

Hey trippers,

Just after some reassurance. I've had plenty of very high dose shroom trips before. Never taken mescaline. I'm planning on making tea out of my psycho0 x sharx bridgesii. The guy who gave me the cactus when she was just a baby said it was very potent. Should I go low first just to check potency? I'd prefer to go high and ensure an intense, fulfilling trip for my first ever but also don't want to have a sitter. I've never had a sitter with mushies and never had a bad trip. Is there any reason to be more concerned about a bad trip on mescaline? I have some valium worst case. Thanks in advance. I love this forum and all the assistance I've received from it. Cheers all


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Voomsi] * 2
    #29154178 -

I have personally had the most beautiful, and gentle experiences on mescaline, even at very high dosages. However those were mescaline HCL, not the tea form. Psychologically mescaline is pretty damned gentle,  but from what I understand the tea can sometimes have a body load that’s more than what you get with mushrooms. But it usually passes within a few hours.  The experience itself lasts anywhere from 12-24 hours depending on how much you take with about 14 being average for me personally. You won’t sleep very easily so plan an extra day off to get some rest. Afterwards you will feel amazing for about 10-12 days of high energy and positivity:-) dose ranges for Bridgesii tea are somewhere between 6”-1.5 feet. I’d probably start just under a foot to gauge body load the first time… but a lot of people feel like they could have taken more. Search the trip reports for Bridgesii trips, there are a ton of really informative ones:-) have fun and be safe!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Voomsi] * 1
    #29154215 -

Go through a desert on a horse with no name

Seriously though if ever get my hands on this stuff in my life I'm doing it in remote wilderness in the great basin


--------------------




Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: PlasmaBear] * 2
    #29154229 -

I'm on a san pedro trip atm.  I took it 1.5 hours ago in the form of a tea.  Have no idea the genetics or type of san pedro it is but plant is healthy and dark green so I took 14" and made a tea.  Prepared my sauna and now on a 5 mile walk through state forest.  Effects currently are like a caffeine buzz. I hope it gets stronger.  Good luck my man!  From what I'm hearing its not crazy like shrooms are.  I've done alot of heroic dose trips and interested to see what this will be like.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Voomsi] * 2
    #29154284 -

Someone else pointed out in a recent thread that mescaline doesn’t seem to produce “ego death”, which is think is a good point. In my experience, mescaline/cactus does not deconstruct reality the way psilocybin does, so it’s much less prone to making you feel “insane” lol.

Like goodlife pointed out, the body load can be intense. If I have cactus tea, I expect to puke at about one hour after ingesting (or even sooner, actually, but I try to hold it in a little longer). Not everyone pukes, it depends on your constitution.

I would say take at least 12” and aim high rather than low. Which is the opposite advice I would give for psilocybin. But mescaline is more forgiving. More grounding, more earth-based. But still plenty psychedelic. Very visionary. Has a strong teacher/guide presence. And I totally agree with goodlife about the after effects last up to two weeks, of increased energy, increased libido, greater heart opening. Cactus trips often carry themes of connecting to a sense of community, family, generosity for me. For instance, I’ve noticed after a good cactus trip that I appreciate the Shroomery much more! :sun:


--------------------
All communication
is pattern
and rhythm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Blue Cthulhu] * 1
    #29154619 -

Exactly what I was hoping to hear. I'll go for a foot. I'll have a week off from the world of responsibilities so will spend some time meditating, journalling, bushwalking before and after. All of your comments were super encouraging, thankyou. I'll update you mid April...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Voomsi]
    #29154629 -

i dont want to be a party pooper but if u plan on consuming the cactus in your post photo, it might not be enough. its too young and small..

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: golmo]
    #29154660 -

Ohhhh really, I didn't know that. It's 50cm tall. I'll do some further research. Thankyou

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Voomsi] * 1
    #29154684 -

I think it may be enough if the cactus is potent. That’s like 18”.  Leaving them in a cool dark place for a few weeks does a quite a bit for potency in my experience. The fresh cut ones are usually a little weaker that I have tried. But 50 cm/18” or so is actually pretty good and if you took a foot you would leave behind a stump that would pup and continue giving:-) if you take a cutting, slice at an angle to prevent water and whatnot from pooling in the would and causing rot. I sprinkle a little cinnamon on the cut as it’s antimicrobial.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Goodlife0209] * 1
    #29154759 -

If it's bridgesii it should still have some potency, even from fresh growth (at least in my experience). Those cacti look like they have decent girth, too, for a potted cutting.


--------------------
All communication
is pattern
and rhythm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Blue Cthulhu] * 1
    #29154766 -

We are getting the first inklings of Spring here in upstate NY, and all this mescaline talk is giving me the itch... I think I will take my own cutting and put it the closet for a few weeks.

Mescaline is a great way to power into the new year (astrologically speaking with the new year starting with the Spring equinox). It is empowering.

Psilocybin can sometimes leave one feeling shaky or discombobulated in the week after a big trip... but mescaline gives you legs

:bananahorsey::cactuar:  :ape:


--------------------
All communication
is pattern
and rhythm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Blue Cthulhu] * 2
    #29154782 -

Yeah I reckon they’ll be plenty potent enough for a good trip.

Cut the top four inches off them and leave them out till the wound heals and then plant them and you’ll have more cactus.

Mescaline can get super intense. I don’t think you’ll get a bad trip the same way you do with shrooms, but it can still definitely put you on your arse… still treat it with respect.


--------------------
"God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere."

Llamando la Mareacion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Bardy] * 2
    #29154942 -

Coolies... I'll harvest it today and store in the cupboard. Shall repot the top. I'm super excited... Cheers guys

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Voomsi]
    #29154983 -

Are bridgessi as easy to propagate as san pedro? because san pedro is super easy. I personally would go for less, against others advise, because what if it is super potent, could be a crazy 24 hour trip. If you do less, and then you know for sure what the potency is like, then you can plan accordingly next time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Jace422]
    #29155129 -

Yeah I think that’s pretty solid advice. :whathesaid:

Personally I wouldn’t jump into a huge trip on an unknown dose of cactus alkaloids. I like to test the waters.

And yeah, they’re just as easy to propagate. I reckon they might even be a bit tougher if anything


--------------------
"God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere."

Llamando la Mareacion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Bardy] * 1
    #29155337 -

Starting low and working my way up with dosage is my personal approach, too. But if someone has a limited supply of cactus and is really hoping for a visionary experience that is impactful, then the risk of going a little too high I think is better than taking too little and being disappointed. Especially if they have experience with other psychedelics and normally take a mid to high dose.

But yes, it can definitely be intense and rock your socks off. My first solid cactus trip with Bridgesii felt like a high voltage current rattling through my body for hours, and I had to dig deep to ride that ancient snake.


--------------------
All communication
is pattern
and rhythm

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Blue Cthulhu] * 1
    #29155520 -

anyway it should be fine..enjoy and report back!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: golmo]
    #29155713 -

Yeah I get that. I could eat 6 inches of that cactus and I could almost guarantee I wouldn’t be disappointed :vibin:

That’s what I’d always start at with my bridgesii. 6”. 150mm. It was always good, maybe not super visionary, but still amazing


--------------------
"God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere."

Llamando la Mareacion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Bardy] * 1
    #29155753 -

Bardy said:
Yeah I get that. I could eat 6 inches of that cactus and I could almost guarantee I wouldn’t be disappointed :vibin:

That’s what I’d always start at with my bridgesii. 6”. 150mm. It was always good, maybe not super visionary, but still amazing




Yeah. I personally would not be risking 12 inches for a first time. They could probably do the things where they take 5 or 6 inches. De spine, then peel the dark green, then scrape away the dark green from the waxy skin. I knew a guy one time who had a very micro dose mescaline experience off like 1 inch.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: First Mescaline trip coming up. Advice please [Re: Jace422] * 1
    #29155886 -

Yeah, 1” will definitely still do something. It won’t be psychedelic, more stimulation and mild trippiness


--------------------
"God is an intelligible sphere, whose center is everywhere and whose circumference is nowhere."

Llamando la Mareacion

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Myyco.com APE Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Had any bad mescaline trips, or heard of one? Wereraven 2,482 4 03/13/25 12:27 AM
by TrusyTripper
* Is God really an Octopus? A level 5 trip report!
( 1 2 all )
CaptBeefheart 9,121 20 01/26/24 12:15 PM
by stareatclouds
* Tripping for the first time tomorrow Ganji 1,791 13 10/29/02 12:05 AM
by Ganji
* Mind Reading!??? Bad trip man GhettoWedo420 4,068 15 09/04/02 12:23 AM
by Sheepish
* Tripping leading to anxiety?
( 1 2 3 all )
ShRo_0My 10,855 45 01/04/21 04:49 AM
by Tom66
* Just munched on some truffles....first shroom trip! :)
( 1 2 all )
MagicDragon 25,847 23 11/14/13 02:01 PM
by SunshineDaydream
* Stop the stupid trip reports
( 1 2 3 all )
wombatvvv 13,683 41 10/13/19 09:55 PM
by LogicaL Chaos
* confused over first trip!! bubkuss 1,899 10 12/28/02 03:22 AM
by bubkuss

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: psilocybinjunkie, Asante, Rose, mushboy, LogicaL Chaos, Northerner, bodhisatta
763 topic views. 1 members, 19 guests and 67 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.006 seconds on 16 queries.