Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineFungushead
Carnivore

Loc: Washington State
Vote Green
    #2899137 - 07/17/04 03:13 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
2004: The year telemarketing started to shrivel up like a cold pair of nuts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsilocybeingzz
Male User Gallery

Loc: International waters
Re: Vote Green [Re: Fungushead]
    #2899211 - 07/17/04 04:47 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I liked it. :thumbup:

Very funny :laugh:

Both parties are full of elitist whores.

I would hate to be an American this november.

--------------------

Edited by Psilocybeingzz (07/17/04 08:08 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
    #2899222 - 07/17/04 05:06 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Now that was funny.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

OfflineTao
Village Genius

Loc: San Diego
    #2901521 - 07/18/04 01:06 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

:lol: thanks for the link :thumbup:

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Loc: va
    #2903436 - 07/18/04 07:04 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

funny, but i would hate to waste a vote on a candidtate that has 0 chance of ever winning the presidency.. throw your vote away on nader, but dont expect this county to change by doing so. i'd rather vote for a progressive change than waste a vote

--------------------
http://www.infowars.com

OfflineAncalagon
AgnosticLibertarian

Re: Vote Green [Re: synthesis]
    #2903476 - 07/18/04 07:25 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

funny

Agreed.

Quote:

but i would hate to waste a vote on a candidtate that has 0 chance of ever winning the presidency..

You say that as if it is an objective fact that not voting for one of the two major parties is 'wasting your vote'. I believe you are wasting your vote if you think this country is going to change in any meaningful way by voting for John Kerry. Voting for the lesser of two evils can only give you evil in the end.

Quote:

throw your vote away on nader, but dont expect this county to change by doing so.

Enough people voting for a third party shifts the major parties in the direction you desire. Voting for the two major parties tells them you approve of all the shit they do and greatly desire that they keep up the good work.

Quote:

i'd rather vote for a progressive change than waste a vote

That's your perogative of course, but I can see VERY few differences between John Kerry and George W. Bush. 'Progressive Change' or any kind of 'change' would be a gross overstatement in my eyes.

--------------------
?When Alexander the Great visted the philosopher Diogenes and asked whether he could do anything for him, Diogenes is said to have replied: 'Yes, stand a little less between me and the sun.' It is what every citizen is entitled to ask of his government.?
-Henry Hazlitt in 'Economics in One Lesson'

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Re: Vote Green [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2903945 - 07/18/04 10:19 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

i agree that they both suck. i do dread seeing bush/cheney in office again though. i look forward to seeing the neo-cons kicked out of power and not pulling the strings anymore. i do believe it will be better under kerry.. not a lot better, but i have faith that kerry & co. won't be getting us into any bullshit wars while he's in office.

i think nader has the right to run, but this election i'm really worried it will become too close and we'll get stuck with bush again for 4 more years. how come nader doesn't just run for senate or something lower in the ranks?

--------------------

OfflineJPZ
lost in mexico
Loc: Monterrey
Re: Vote Green [Re: Ancalagon]
    #2904137 - 07/18/04 11:40 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

You say that as if it is an objective fact that not voting for one of the two major parties is 'wasting your vote'. I believe you are wasting your vote if you think this country is going to change in any meaningful way by voting for John Kerry. Voting for the lesser of two evils can only give you evil in the end

Don't you agree that, until the US changes its electoral system to be more proportionately representative, you will be stuck with a two horse race?

In NZ we have the MMP system which, although far from perfect, is much more representative of the public's vote.  The libertarian(ish) party ACT regularly obtains the required 5 % of the total vote and the corresponding seats in parliament, and the option to form a stronger coaltion.  (I don't like their chances of getting 5% next election though  :grin:)

In the meantime, I think the US citizen only has the choice of the lesser of two 'evils'.

--------------------
I do declare, I can float in the air.

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up."

Invisiblesynthesis
everydayjunglist

Re: Vote Green [Re: JPZ]
    #2904284 - 07/19/04 12:48 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JPZ said:In the meantime, I think the US citizen only has the choice of the lesser of two 'evils'.

:thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2905002 - 07/19/04 09:27 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

JPZ said:
In the meantime, I think the US citizen only has the choice of the lesser of two 'evils'.

That thinking is exactly why our country continues to politically deteriorate, going further and further from liberty towards tyranny. You cannot expect results to change if your actions leading to the results do not change, it is foolish to think otherwise.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineJPZ
lost in mexico
Loc: Monterrey
Re: Vote Green [Re: Evolving]
    #2906869 - 07/19/04 10:22 PM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I agree, but I think with your current system, you can't help but have a two horse race. Do you really believe that a libertarian will be president with the current system? The electoral system needs to be changed. Even if a libertarian obtained 20 % of the vote, which is a hell of lot of people in the US, it wouldn't be enough (correct me if I'm wrong)

How about Nader. So many voted for him, yet he gets no representation. Votes were wasted.

In NZ it was the same. You either voted Labour or National. Now you can seriously vote for a candidate of the Legalise Cannabis party. (He got in!)

You can vote Nader or Libertarian or ex-action movie stars all you want..hmm, wait a minute...

--------------------
I do declare, I can float in the air.

"If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up."

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
    #2907908 - 07/20/04 09:26 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

My point is that though the duopoly has put up many impediments to third parties, the voters are too much like herd animals to make a change. I will reiterate, as long as you continue the same strategies you always have, you will continue to get the same results you always have. Hence, America is going to shit because too many people are too politically timid to break with the major parties. The strategy of voting for the lesser of two evils will result in the support of evil. We will never reverse course as long as this continues and it will probably continue until we are living under a full fledged dictatorship.

The 'right' voter will bitch and complain while the left is in charge and will lose liberties from the left. In order to garner votes from swing voters, the right will adopt some of the left's policies. The right will then get in power, but they will not reverse the encroachments on our liberties from the left. The 'left' voter will bitch and complain while the right is in charge and will lose liberties from the right. In order to garner votes from swing voters, the left will adopt some of the right's policies. The left will then regain power, but they will not reverse the encroachments on our liberties from the right. The particularly aggrevious actions occur during power lust orgies of 'bipartisanship' in which both the left and the right agree up front to strip us of our liberties. The see-saw from the left and the right cuts into our freedoms and they are (almost) never restored. It doesn't take a Nostrildamnus to see where this is going.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Vote Green [Re: Evolving]
    #2912003 - 07/21/04 11:00 AM (19 years, 8 months ago)

I don't think the duopoly can be broken by peaceful means. It will continue to get worse until people finally rise up in arms. Hopefully it will not be too late by then.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom