Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!!
    #2871508 -

how do you react?

with anger?
with hurt?
with frustration?
do you play the aloof and shy back?
or do you smile?

can you smile?

there's a lot of people out there that will say one person is correct and the other person isn't. and that's fine! but does being wrong ever have to entail getting upset?

isn't it ok to be incorrect?

what can we learn about ourselves from this?


--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2871549 -

We can learn to "enjoy the silence", and let the calm take over.


--------------------
What?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2871731 -

I think that there is some good advice in Mario Puzo's book "The Godfather"

Never show any emotion or disagreement in public and NEVER argue back or make threats. Simply smile and be agreeable. Then, when they least expect it...


--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2871759 -

to be wrong is cool. we are all just human. if one can learn from there mistake then...blah...blah...blah...you know.

when it comes to beliefs, there is no right or wrong. in reality, no one knows for sure what happens after death.

you know what? one world at a time.


--------------------
if you can't find the truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?

this is the purpose

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2872702 -

I think it's a great exercise. The pain, anger, embarassment that is felt when one is shown to be wrong is EGO (self-immage, beliefs, etc.). It's a good reminder of what we need to be dropped.


--------------------
What you're searching for is what's searching.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2872748 -

Quote:
Isn't it ok to be incorrect?




It is more than ok to be incorrect. How else are cool ideas created? If you have an abstract idea or warped perspective on how things work, then describe your views to a person who knows what they are talking about you could end up with a new initiative product.

The games a person play's when confronted on being incorrect is quite a crippling factor in the ego. Understanding why they happen can help get you out of the rut.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2872811 -

How I react ? That depends if I am really wrong :laugh:

As some 'prespeakers' said:
Mostly it's the beginning of an entirely deep discussion with hard facts and arguments :smile:.
Until one uf us shows insight and acceptance (good).
Or it comes to a point of equality, often needing more input to that case (good).
Anger or joy, any subjective 'feelings' won't help to find a solution and personalise the problem more and more, to hurt one of the contrahents (bad)...

Staying objective...

And sure, it's very good to be incorrect. What else could make someone 'learn' or evolve that much ? :wink:


--------------------
Though lovers be lost love shall not  And death shall have no dominion
......................................................
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men."Martin Luther King, Jr.
'Acceptance is the absolute key - at that moment you gain freedom and you gain power and you gain courage'

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2872952 -

My usual reaction is: Why?

That probably applies to everything...not just being wrong about something :wink:

I think you should ask "why" even if you find you are right about something!


--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2872990 -

If I've been proven wrong about a matter, one of the best lessons I've learned in life is to admit being wrong right away, without hesitation.


--------------------
"...yet another in a long series of diversions an attempt to avoid responsibility."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2872996 -

Being wrong isn't mearly tolerable. It's more than just very good. It's a necessity of the human condition in a world where pure objectivity is not experiencable from a subjective standpoint. To cling to one's ideas only results in pain in the long run.


--------------------
Don't worry, I'm wrong.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2873573 -

standing alone on the beach.

nice...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2874329 -

patient smiles on the outside

voracious laughter on the inside

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2874806 -

I usually start off saying I might be wrong. I don't mind being wrong.  Sometimes I get a little embarrassed, but I realize that's just ego.  Nothing wrong with being wrong.  Admit it and move on.

But when I'm right, boy am I right!  No ego is bigger than mine when I am right!  I won't even discuss it when I know I'm right.  You [i[iare entitled to be wrong, ya know.  :grin:


--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: Frog]
    #2874863 -

Frog said:
I usually start off saying I might be wrong. I don't mind being wrong.  Sometimes I get a little embarrassed, but I realize that's just ego.  Nothing wrong with being wrong.  Admit it and move on.

But when I'm right, boy am I right!  No ego is bigger than mine when I am right!  I won't even discuss it when I know I'm right.  You [i[iare entitled to be wrong, ya know.  :grin:



your wrong!!!!


:grin:  :laugh:


--------------------
What?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2875037 -

I always profess my correctness (sometimes when I know I am wrong) and I will hold on to it until I am beaten unconcious and the truth is forcibly taken from me. I tell myself that I am helping others by forcing them to prove their point, but really I am just an asshole.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: Huehuecoyotl]
    #2875075 -

Coming from you that is a stunning admission, Huey. I am removing my negative rating of you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: zorbman]
    #2875092 -

For all of my faults I don't delude myself, but I do enjoy a good argument as well.

Edited by Huehuecoyotl (07/10/04 01:34 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2875334 -

It depends. :grin:


--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2875355 -

After being wrong many many times it becomes much easier to not get the ego attached to being right. In fact, I believe that then one becomes much wiser.


--------------------
...or something






Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: you're sooooooooooo wrong buddy!!! [Re: kaiowas]
    #2878714 -

I'm usually fine with being wrong. I attempt to state my ideas in ways that make sure people know I understand the possibility that I'm wrong.

It is usually the manner in which one tries to tell me I am wrong that would get me upset, not really the fact that I'm wrong.

A:
Strumpling: Dude I think that part was supposed to be blue; not red.
Bob: Look at the original, you fucking idiot - its supposed to be red dammit!
Strumpling: Fuck you man!! WWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

B:
Strumpling: Dude I think that part was supposed to be blue; not red.
Bob: No I checked the original - check it out its red.
Strumpling: Oh yeah - you're right.. heh whoops sorry - I almost fucked that up.


--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Sorry, but there is no right or wrong.
( 1 2 3 all )
Northernsoul 3,211 42 07/25/04 04:01 PM
by Northernsoul
* You're entitled to your own opinion...
( 1 2 3 4 all )
silversoul7 5,137 60 10/27/04 12:06 PM
by Anonymous
* What's wrong with not believing?
( 1 2 all )
Sclorch 2,338 36 08/27/03 03:14 PM
by fireworks_god
* Proof that our minds are wrong Divided_Sky 654 16 11/18/04 06:51 AM
by fireworks_god
* Right and Wrong
( 1 2 all )
CherryBomM 4,689 31 10/02/01 09:18 AM
by oneoverzero
* Is Advertising Wrong?
( 1 2 3 all )
Sclorch 3,765 47 05/15/03 06:12 PM
by Anonymous
* Why is taking drugs "wrong?"
( 1 2 all )
MOTH 2,894 39 11/30/04 01:13 PM
by RiffSki
* Is killing wrong?
( 1 2 all )
cleaner 2,413 30 04/20/03 03:03 PM
by mr freedom

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, DividedQuantum
1,928 topic views. 0 members, 31 guests and 20 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 16 queries.