Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 1214 | 1215 | 1216 | 1217 | 1218 | 1219 | 1220 | 1221 | 1222 | 1223 | 1224 | 1225 | 1226 | 1227 | 1228 | 1229 | 1230 | 1231 | 1232 | 1233 | 1234 | | Last >
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Ice Nine]
    #28677774 -

The lakes are ours, buddy.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #28677777 -

Winter surfing is hot. Can it survive climate change?
Quote:
More pressing is rampant pollution. Surfrider Chicago, along with the city of Chicago as a co-litigant, sued U.S. Steel in 2018 for dumping hexavalent chromium into Lake Michigan. The chemical is the same carcinogenic manufacturing byproduct made infamous in the 2000 film Erin Brockovich.

“Surfers were getting sick, and after a yearlong study and diving into the data, we found the cause and realized we had to do something about it,” says McNeil. In 2018, U.S. Steel agreed to pay $601,242 in civil penalties in accordance with a proposed settlement under an EPA consent decree. Lawyers for Surfriders argued the punishment was too low, pointing out that the maximum statutory penalty can be as high as $10.7 million.



:shrug:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: ballsalsa]
    #28677781 -

ballsalsa said:
Winter surfing is hot. Can it survive climate change?
Quote:
More pressing is rampant pollution. Surfrider Chicago, along with the city of Chicago as a co-litigant, sued U.S. Steel in 2018 for dumping hexavalent chromium into Lake Michigan. The chemical is the same carcinogenic manufacturing byproduct made infamous in the 2000 film Erin Brockovich.

“Surfers were getting sick, and after a yearlong study and diving into the data, we found the cause and realized we had to do something about it,” says McNeil. In 2018, U.S. Steel agreed to pay $601,242 in civil penalties in accordance with a proposed settlement under an EPA consent decree. Lawyers for Surfriders argued the punishment was too low, pointing out that the maximum statutory penalty can be as high as $10.7 million.



:shrug:



Look... I know this is an unpopular opinion... But I think it's time we nuke Chicago and just be done with it.

Btw... I used to run spray transfer MIG on stainless steel without a fume hood. Hexavalent Chromium's got nothin on me!


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Edited by Bigbadwooof (02/27/24 05:59 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: ballsalsa]
    #28677784 -

Yeah, although "clean" the lakes out here look to be suffering a fate of their own with pollution. Plenty of no fishing and swimming sites, which is fucking tragic. It makes absolutely no sense given the goldmine fresh water will be.

I am far from a tree hugger but
its only 2024, let's just keep dumping industrial grade chemicals in fresh water. We love the PFAS.
:cookiemonster:


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: SirTripAlot]
    #28677825 -

I'm pretty sure I've seen people try to surf in lake Michigan. There was even an old ad campaign calling it the Malibu of the Midwest.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Kryptos]
    #28677829 -

Kryptos said:
I'm pretty sure I've seen people try to surf in lake Michigan. There was even an old ad campaign calling it the Malibu of the Midwest.



Good luck with that... :thumbdown::rolleyes:


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 3
    #28677836 -

Ever since the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, I've stayed clear of the Great Lakes



--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Enlil]
    #28677838 -

Enlil said:
Ever since the wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald, I've stayed clear of the Great Lakes



A wise move... You certainly couldn't handle it out here in the Great, blue North!

Most people don't know this, but... you go far enough North... The natives are still claiming scalps in the densely wooded forest.


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Enlil]
    #28677849 -

Nothing like a video you have to read.


--------------------
Enjoy the process of your search without succumbing to the pressure of the result.

A Dorito is pizza, change my mind.

I’m sorry it had to be me.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: christopera]
    #28677855 -

I love that Enlil just posted that video, actually :toast:


--------------------
"It is no measure of good health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society," - Jiddu Krishnamurti
FARTS
"No my dog won't bite you, tho it had the right to. You ought to give him credit, cuz he knows I woulda let him" - Modest Mouse (And Wooof!)
Every one of you should see this video.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Bigbadwooof]
    #28677972 -

Bigbadwooof said:
Brian Jones said:
Bigbadwooof said:
ballsalsa said:
I never lived in Michigan so you'll have to come up with your own "normal"

My grandma grew up in Mt Morris but I have a feeling her "normal" from 96 years ago might not apply anymore



In West Michigan Lakes look like Oceans.



ballsalsa said:
I read that somewhere.  The lakes are so polluted with industrial waste and shit that surfers get burns, I guess. :shrug:



I think he's talking about the Great Lakes, which are the ones that look like oceans. They'll fuck them up eventually, but it's still the greatest supply of fresh water on earth, and if it keeps raining in the upper Midwest, California and Arizona can buy water from us as long as we can absolutely gouge you, because shouldn't there be a price to pay for living in paradise without fresh water.

I don't mean to be crude, but the rust belt wants revenge and there appears to be the means and the ways.

Don't know what you're talking about surfers getting burned. Could be my ignorance, but never heard of surfing here but if there is it has to be the Great Lakes, but they're clean, and even Lake Erie for 30 years because it's the shallow one and cleaned up fast. Flint Michigan is mercury infested, and the Cuyahoga river in Ohio used to start in fire, but no one ever surfed there.

California, Paradise Lost.



Brian Jones... are you from Michigan, brother!?! I never knew!

Cheers bro :toast:

Btw.. that surfing bit.. I was scratching my head too haha!

I will say, the lakes have some invasive species in them that aren't great.



No. Chicago burbs.
Diving on Lake Shore Drive is hella scenic.
Went to Upper Peninsula on accident once. My niece had a volleyball scholarship there right on Lake Superior. Cool looking massive ice flows in the winter.


--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

Simulacrum
The truth which conceals that there is none

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Brian Jones]
    #28678045 -

That’s cool, man. I grew up in Glenview.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Bigbadwooof] * 1
    #28678178 -

Bigbadwooof said:
The lakes are ours, buddy.





--------------------
The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore, all progress depends on the unreasonable man. -- George Bernard Shaw

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: ballsalsa]
    #28678200 -

According to the climate change theorists, we don't whether the lakes will freeze or boil.

But, the free market provides an incentive to recycle industrial waste.

Quote:
Hexavalent chromium can be used as a chemical feedstock in various industrial processes, particularly in the manufacturing of pigments, dyes, and chromates. It is also used in electroplating, leather tanning, and other metal finishing applications. Additionally, hexavalent chromium is used in anti-corrosion coatings, wood preservation, and in the production of certain types of ceramics.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: durian_2008] * 1
    #28678220 -

A rare demonstration of ignorance in both chemistry AND free market principles.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Kryptos]
    #28678226 -

Is this baseless Alinsky-ite ridicule, or what is your counterpoint.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: durian_2008] * 2
    #28678248 -

Which words are you having trouble with?

www.dictionary.com

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Kryptos]
    #28678256 -

I looked up the purposeful use of the chemicals, which one party cannot afford to throw away and which another party has to buy.

A closed system can be justified without state interference.

So the suggestion ought not be triggering, politically. It's not religious nor a social justice narrative.

Why the struggle session?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: durian_2008] * 4
    #28678263 -

I struggle to understand any of your posts


--------------------
Censoring opposing views since 2014.



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: TRUMP 2024 [Re: Enlil] * 1
    #28678305 -

If the manner subsides, the impetus to pontificate bloated religious rethotic is an inspiring retort for those unaccredited professionally.


--------------------
“I must not fear.
Fear is the mind-killer.
Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration.
I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me.
And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path.
Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 1214 | 1215 | 1216 | 1217 | 1218 | 1219 | 1220 | 1221 | 1222 | 1223 | 1224 | 1225 | 1226 | 1227 | 1228 | 1229 | 1230 | 1231 | 1232 | 1233 | 1234 | | Last >


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Congratulations Obama
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 all )
fireworks_godS 6,104 137 01/26/09 01:01 PM
by Seuss
* Yes We Did! Why Obama is the President of War, not "Change." dopestone 627 1 09/17/09 05:22 AM
by Seuss
* Beginning Now: The Panic Phase of the Obama Collapse
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
lonestar2004 11,307 186 03/31/09 07:09 PM
by TGRR
* Obama's Pinstripe Revolution
( 1 2 3 all )
lonestar2004 4,606 43 05/09/09 10:51 AM
by Falcon91Wolvrn03
* Obama climate plan could cost $2 trillion
( 1 2 3 4 all )
lonestar2004 4,203 64 04/10/09 01:36 AM
by ScavengerType
* Obama Signals His Reluctance to Look Into Bush Policies Clordio 572 3 01/12/09 11:12 AM
by Prisoner#1
* McCain tells supporters to be respectful of Obama
( 1 2 3 all )
Gogol 2,874 49 10/13/08 09:43 PM
by ReposadoXochipilli
* President Obama's Half-brother Arrested for Marijuana Possession
( 1 2 all )
DiploidM 3,014 31 02/06/09 12:05 AM
by johnm214

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Enlil, ballsalsa
499,747 topic views. 5 members, 2 guests and 54 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.049 seconds spending 0.026 seconds on 18 queries.