Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Old music from my past
    #2853550 -

I've decided to post some music I wrote about 6 years ago.. just so that you guys can laugh at me  :grin:

This is a 'Jazzy' tune I did for A-level courswork (at 17). It's cheesy as hell, but it was one of the first tunes I wrote that gave me any kind of self-belief.

Whaddaya Say? Let's Boogie!


This next one is a slightly juvenile song I wrote while feeling very bitter about being dumped, again at 17. My singing wasn't up to much.

Still Waters


This is a cover I did when I was 19 of the Beatles medley Golden Slumbers/Carry That Weight/The End from their Abbey Road album. It was a collab with 1 other guy at university, and I play piano, guitar and sing backing vocals. It represents in the region of 200 man hours of work.  :crazy:

Golden Slumbers


This next one is quirky tune I made up out of samples I had recorded of myself chopping carrots, munching crisps and my friend Leela talking about the food they serve in a bar where she works. I can't decide if I like it or not..

Leels's Orgasmic Marshmallow


This one is a song I wrote not long after first doing shrooms.. I was in a very happy place in my life and I think this is reflected in the cheery tone. Again, it boarders on cheesy but it's one of those things I look back on and think, "yeah it's bit shit but I can't help liking it.."

Freedom


The next one is piece of university coursework I wrote on the theme of "media communication"  This explains the somewhat strange lyrics which refer to the internet- not a common topic for a song! The guitar line in the 'chorus' was recycled in my Elysian Dream EP in the tune 'Translucid,' but it was played with a different tuning in the guitar.

Trust Me


I don't expect people to neccesarily like all these, but I hope they are an interesting curio for you!

Rob K  :sun:


--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

Edited by Rob_K (07/03/04 08:25 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Old music from my past [Re: Rob_K]
    #2853624 -

Not quite my primary style interest, but I dig it none the less..

Freedom is pretty cheesy, sounds straight out of the 70's.. some people might dig that, but not me ;p

Still Waters is pretty cool, but the chord structure sounds oddly farmiliar.. and the vocals are weak, but the vocal lines are strong.. they pull the sections together well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Old music from my past [Re: Rob_K]
    #2853689 -

hehe




Still Waters is so Oasis... I like the progression and the vocal lines, just like Jacques said. Not bad at all, except for the strength of your voice.

in Freedom, good job with the harmony! That's tough to do! The rest of the song tho... :smirk: ummm... hey what's that over there?

me/ runs away


--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Old music from my past [Re: Blastrid]
    #2853719 -

haha yeah, Still waters chord progression is by no means original. It reminds me of Hotel California a bit..

As for freedom.. yeah it's pretty crap isn't it?  :grin:


Hopefully this should be interesting from the perspective of how someone's musical instincts change after they get into psychedlic drugs..  :wink:


--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Old music from my past [Re: Rob_K]
    #2858162 -

That's funny I kinda dig Freedom  :mushroom2:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Old music from my past [Re: junglebeatz]
    #2859181 -

heh, thanks dude!  :thumbup:


--------------------
-{ divined from the mind }--

My music

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Enjoyable music for your downloading pleasure. adrug 653 3 04/22/04 09:16 PM
by adrug
* First tune of Electronic Music? EVER!!!
( 1 2 all )
Ayahuasca 8,901 22 03/16/10 12:19 PM
by SneezingPenis
* Real, Not Electric, Music..... beatlebangboy 3,340 19 11/18/03 09:35 PM
by guitarmon
* Your favorite trance, ambient, etc. type music? phEight 2,257 11 10/13/03 12:26 AM
by rommstein2001
* Getting started in music production no-tone 824 2 03/01/04 09:09 AM
by DreaMaTrix
* Who listens to Trance Music?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
ArCh_TemPlaR 14,520 62 10/22/20 12:04 PM
by juloxx
* LOSS OF INTEREST IN BANDS YOU USED TO WORSHIP
( 1 2 3 all )
Fritzs_caindealer 5,902 52 11/17/03 10:00 PM
by Noviseer
* what is gothic music? *DELETED*
( 1 2 all )
0toxic0 2,856 23 11/10/03 08:09 AM
by SizzlinJ

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Middleman, automan, DividedQuantum
589 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 12 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.026 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.