Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Grateful Dead, Nitrous Oxide, Phish, Pink Floyd, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
Your favorite trance, ambient, etc. type music?
    #1999167 - 10/11/03 03:04 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I'm in love with Shpongle, Aphex Twin, etc. I'm not sure what category their own music falls into, it's so innovative I guess it should be in their own. I also like DJ Tiesto, Van Auurmin, Oakenfold, etc.

Got any favorites? I'd like to discover more music artists such as these talented folks.

Shpongle - Behind Closed Eyelids is one of my personal favorites. ;]

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleautomanM
blasted chipmunk
 User Gallery

Re: Your favorite trance, ambient, etc. type music? [Re: phEight]
    #1999184 - 10/11/03 03:11 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

for ambient, you have to go with brian eno or phillip glass.

--------------------
No, no, you're not thinking, you're just being logical. ~ Niels Bohr

Invisiblestarseed
professional lurker

#1999194 - 10/11/03 03:14 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

autechre, infected mushroom, darshan, sasha, hallucinogen

--------------------
:poison::poison:                                  :poison::poison::poison:                                  :poison::poison:

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2000688 - 10/11/03 06:31 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

There are some relatively new killer albums you should check out:

Entheogenic - Entheogenic
Shulman - Soundscapes and Modern Tales (New Shulman album coming soon)
Younger Brother - A Flock of Bleeps (Shpongle's wizard worked on this one too)
Ott - Blumenkraft (Ott got to use Simon Posford's hard-drive for a remix album and gee suddenly his new album is fucking amazing)
You also might enjoy Infected Mushroom's double-cd "Converting Vegetarians" - the 2nd disc is the "relax" cd which has some Shponglesque qualities to it :wink:

Let us know what you find/enjoy :smile: - Peace

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Edited by Strumpling (10/11/03 06:33 PM)

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Your favorite trance, ambient, etc. type music? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2000921 - 10/11/03 08:05 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I have been in the electronic-techno-ambient-New age scene for about five years and ever since 9'th grade when I discovered this new music, my CD case became totally FULL of only Electronic. However, there are many different genres of techno:

BREAKEBEATS---this is my favorite genre of music for dancing...Its hard to find artists that apply breakbeats with good melodies. Some good breakbeat artists are: Trip theory, Spacemen, Infiniti, Hybrid (EXCELLENT!!!), DJ Icey etc....(if you are interested in this genre PM me and Ill give you good specific tracks to download/this is my genre of expertise)

TRANCE----this is one of the first genres of techno outta europe that popped up in the early 90's. Some other good trance artists are: Paul Van Dyke (the best), John Digweed (heaven scent=GREAT TRACK) BT (he also makes some breaks). These are some of the bigger names and there are plenty more...I still love trance but the repetitive beat in the backround 1-2-3-4... kind of gets on my nerves after a while which is also the same case as in HOUSE which I wont bother to mention.

DRUM and BASS-----very fast and pretty hard to dance too...but has some interesting instruments and some of the most complex rythmic sections. AK1200 (download "drowning" from this artist, one of my favorite tracks of all time.) Goldie is another good artists but listen too "Drowning" first just to get an idea of what this genre is all about.

AMBIENT-NEW AGE- I love this kinda music. Slower and very good for chillin out too after a party smokin a bowl or hittin nitrous. Very easy listening. Moby is a great New agey type artists, he also makes dance and some breaky type music. Play is a GREAT album. Enigma has to be my favorite New age artist. Great sounds and excellent melodies. Enya is good. Children is a great track (forget the artist) Paul Van Dyke makes a good ambient track called (angel falls---download the break remix)"halcion on and on" by Orbital is really good. Im just namin some off the top of my head so there are many more Im missin.

there are many more genres of electronica: Trip Hop, two step etc....the list goes on. There are some artists that make techno that can fall into genres of their own. My favorite artists of all time is RABBIT IN THE MOON. They apply breaks trance and everything else into a spooky melodic sound that makes them fall into a genre of their own. They are also taking the Grateful Dead-Phish-Pink Floyd path and applying a live show with costumes-visuals-lighting-the whole nine yards to make it a full euphoric experience. If these guys ever come to your town make sure to catch them. There best track of all time is: O.B.E. (out of body experience)...The whole Flooorida albums is excellent (especially the first track ["mixed without care" that has an excellent Piano break in it]) Fear is a good ambient track. (URL=http://www.hallucination.com/) If you can find the Bootleg, live at club 4 on kazaa then you are really lucky...Same goes for some of these other artists, techno is'nt exactually POPular if you know what I mean.

Sorry for babbling on but its nice to find somebody who is interested in techno....It seems like the market nowadays i saturated with bullshit Rap and the Backstreet Boys.

Contact me if you want to know more.
Peace, Orizon

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Your favorite trance, ambient, etc. type music? [Re: orizon]
    #2001198 - 10/11/03 10:45 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Heard Shpongle? heh

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

OfflineDeEJaYBrU
Stranger

Re: Your favorite trance, ambient, etc. type music? [Re: Strumpling]
    #2001704 - 10/12/03 03:20 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I like happy hardcore artist like Bang!,Scottbrown,vyinlgroover,Brsk,Ham,Sharky,DJ Stompy,Justin time.As well as trancecore and drum and bass

OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
Re: Your favorite trance, ambient, etc. type music? [Re: DeEJaYBrU]
    #2001784 - 10/12/03 03:44 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks for replies guys.. I'll check those out. ;]

Sorry for posting in wrong section btw

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

OfflineBreed
One Among Many

Loc: United Kingdom
    #2001926 - 10/12/03 06:36 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I listen to much the same music I do when I'm sobre. Kinda indie/garage rock, ala White Stripes, Kings of Leon, The Strokes, Yeah Yeah Yeahs... Heh, I must admit to being vain and listening to my own music as well. :wink:

I find the above music more mood-creating for myself than electronica, which most people seem to prefer. It means so much more to me that these instruments are being played by hand, created by human hands playing instruments, rather than created through electronic equipment and decks (even though I know just as much artistry goes into some of the best stuff).

Last time I tripped, 'Joe's Head' by the Kings of Leon was a song I literally saw the movie to in my head. Felt the pain of the main protagonist in the song. :smile: It's good.

- Breed.

--------------------
Man is born free, yet he is everywhere in chains. -- Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Edited by Breed (10/12/03 06:38 AM)

OfflineDannyBoy
ShroomEnthusiast

Loc: South East, U.S.A.
Re: Your favorite trance, ambient, etc. type music? [Re: Breed]
    #2002332 - 10/12/03 01:29 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

PSY-TRANCE
------------
Infected Mushroom
Hallucinogen
Logic Bomb
Jaia
Audialize
Pleiadians
Astral Projection
Yahel
Talpa
Nystagmus

TRANCE
------------
DJ Tiesto
Armin Van Buuren
Paul Oakenfold
Sasha
George Acosta
Paul Van Dyk
Kimball Collins

HARD TRANCE
------------
Lisa Lashes
DJ Session One

AMBIENT/CHILL
------------
Shpongle
Entheogenic
The Infinity Project

That's about it for my FAVORITES....there are plenty of more artists/DJ's that I love under those categories but the ones I've listed are my best auditory friends :smile:

--------------------
"It has been said that kids say the darndest things, but so would you if you had no education"

OfflineDankBluntZ
We know little
Loc: florida
Re: Your favorite trance, ambient, etc. type music? [Re: DannyBoy]
    #2004143 - 10/13/03 01:58 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Favorite Drum and Bass:

Dieselboy

Favorite Breakbeat Techno type shit:

Trip Theory

Offlinerommstein2001
Rise ye Must!
 User Gallery

Loc: South GA
Re: Your favorite trance, ambient, etc. type music? [Re: DankBluntZ]
    #2004213 - 10/13/03 02:26 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

mindsofmusic.com

:smirk: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :devil:

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Balloons, Cracker, Grateful Dead, Nitrous Oxide, Phish, Pink Floyd, Shpongle

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media