Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemyll3n1um
Stranger
Should I order big laughing gym and Mexican Poppy from JLF??
    #2789404 - 06/13/04 04:31 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

OK, I know there have been a lot of post in this forum about JLFcatalog.com. I know he was in trouble a while ago. I have tried to search the forums for recent info, but to no avail.

Anyways, i am really interested in experimenting with JLF's: Mexican Prickly Poppy (Argemone mexicana) "Pure exuded sap/gum/latex. Required a painfully slow process to obtain. Not Available anywhere else;" As well as Gymnopilus spectabilus (big laughing gym).

I believe Gymnopilus spectabilus (big laughing gym) is a member of a psylocibin family and contains some psy. I was wondering if you all think ordering a small amount would be ok? It's not really watched a whole lot (i don't think), and it's not available anywhere else on the web (i searched google but found NOTHING). It might have analogues related to psylocybin, so i dunno if the feds would be up my ass for possibly ordering some??

Also, the Mexican Prickly Poppy (Argemone mexicana) "Pure exuded sap/gum/latex." Would definitely have opium/morphine/etc derivatives/analogues, no? I know lettuce opium extracts are sold, but what about this version? Do you think this would be OK to purchase? (see below)

I DO know that Mark of JLF took off a whole shitload of items (like DXM and 2ct7 and butaneidol, etc) off of his site due to a court order, and wouldn't think he'd be stupid enough to continue to carry items that might directly get him in serious trouble... What do you think?

Has anyone ordered either of these items from him or any other site?

Has anyone ordered from JLF recently (like in the past yeat)? Any problems?

Can you direct me to alternative sites? Are these worth experimenting with? (i'm looking for legal psychedelic alternatives.)

Thanks for your help.

--CJ, USA/PA

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinegnrm23
Carpal Tunnel
Loc: n. e. OH, USSA
Re: Should I order big laughing gym and Mexican Poppy from JLF?? [Re: myll3n1um]
    #2789438 - 06/13/04 05:39 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

dunno what's up with mark's site...
his warnings and disclaimer was classic text, funny stuff...
too bad the feds bit him...
~
big jim - no guarantee that there will be psychedelic trypts in 'em, but they are capable of producing it... & also kavalactones (?) & other oddball chems --- MJ sez it tastes quite bitter...
~
the alkaloids in Agremone & Eshazolita poppies are prolly closer to berberine than to morphine... medicinal, maybe, but not nearly as safe (or as "fun" if that's the word) as true opiates like codeine, morphine, papaverine, thebaine(stimulant/convulsant!), & the dozens of other weird chemicals found in Papaver somniferum (& some of them other poppies & a very few other plants... Meconium sp. (tibetan poppies?) --- waterlilies & lotus plants & Corydalis...)
~
as to alternate (to jlf) vendors of substance of potential interest...
not supposed to explicitly mention them on these fora...
there are "links pages" here at the shroomery to sites that vend various stuff...
& a decent search engine could give ya the info...
but there is SOME vendor info of possible ethnobotanical/entheogenic interest at place like:
www.erowid.org
www.ayahuasca.com
www.thefane.org
www.gliderspen.net
(sometimes just links, sometimes reviews... there are other sites & even BBs with this sorta info, ya just gotta poka around... but this shoould be enough to getcha started... do try to be disctrete (try to avoid Qs like "will this shit rilly fuk u up d00d?" & "how many doses to a gram?" & "how much can i sell this stuff for on the street?" ---- y'know...)
~

--------------------
old enough to know better
not old enough to care

Offlinemyll3n1um
Stranger
Re: Should I order big laughing gym and Mexican Poppy from JLF?? [Re: gnrm23]
    #2790691 - 06/13/04 07:15 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for your help gnrm23!

Anyone else have any input? Any recent experience with JLF or with these substances? For example, Mexican poppy (or its derivatives) vs opium poppy?

peace,

CJ

Offlinemyll3n1um
Stranger
Re: Should I order big laughing gym and Mexican Poppy from JLF?? [Re: myll3n1um]
    #2810196 - 06/20/04 12:19 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

ANYONE?!?

InvisibleUrukhai
Loyal to theWhite Hand
 User Gallery

Re: Should I order big laughing gym and Mexican Poppy from J [Re: myll3n1um]
    #2816029 - 06/22/04 01:18 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

"Laughing Gyms" do contain kavatones and kavalactones, and might get you sorta high. However, you will unlikely "trip" like Psilocybin containing mushrooms.
I have personally sampled those Gymno's from JLF and IMO having to choke down 15+ grams of dried, bitter, nasty mushrooms is not worth feeling slightly sedated. Kava is much easier to get down, and much better tasting and will probably get you more blasted than the former.
Your mileage may vary! I don't have anything to say about the prickly poppies, but they might be worth a try.

--------------------
Bow to the White Hand

Invisiblemushrx1
rainy season
 User Gallery
    #4257507 - 06/04/05 09:23 PM (18 years, 9 months ago)

Dear Myll,

A friend told me this: to really understand what you're going to ingest, and what it will do to you, you've got to study. Lots. and then some more. You'll become an expert in psychoactives and a good beginner at psychopharmacokinetics/ pharmacology. But what you'll get is the ability to compound fun alternatives to illegal chemistries. (a pharmacist by training)

Otherwise, you could be in for a "let's learn about the computer's bus by switching a few wires here and there". Shroomery really is a great resource for education. so much here to learn.

Now, argemone is still (I believe) in the Mexican pharmacopoeia (Chicalote). That is to say it's still used by country dentists and curanderas for tooth ache, localized pain. You can use cal poppy similarly. But you're not dealing with opiates per se. Some smokers use cal poppy as an additive in tobacco for tweaking the smoke. Gymnopilus has been described variously as stomach ache producing, hallucinogenic, poisonous. your results may vary,etc.

the best mind expanding substance out there is understanding.

I wish that were for sale, but it might be outlawed too :wink:

Offlineshoeareyou
Stranger

Re: Should I order big laughing gym and Mexican Poppy from JLF?? [Re: mushrx1]
    #8239391 - 04/04/08 06:42 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

MOD EDIT: there are no vendor discussions allowed in the garden and also this is not the marketplace, keep trades/requests for items in there.

please re read the rules

thank you

Edited by royer9864 (04/05/08 05:52 AM)

InvisibleBrainiac
Rogue Scientist
Male

Loc: 與您的女朋 Flag
Re: Should I order big laughing gym and Mexican Poppy from JLF?? [Re: shoeareyou]
    #8239456 - 04/04/08 07:00 PM (15 years, 11 months ago)

Sporeworks.com has Gymnopilus luteofolius : Scaly Purple Gym spores...

--------------------
:Awesketch:

:cool: Fair is Fair :devil:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate