Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon San Pedro

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
InvisibleMadBotanist
I'm a teapot

Loc: Wonderland
Re: grocery store poppy seeds [Re: fennel acid tones]
    #21229071 - 02/05/15 04:08 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Please do I'm interested in your results, got a similar experiment going.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinefennel acid tones
Student of Life

Loc: Great Lakes region
Re: grocery store poppy seeds [Re: MadBotanist]
    #21237719 - 02/07/15 02:34 AM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Well guys I learned a lot in the slam, and tried a lot of NEW things! :wink: 
Anyways, I'm back no and my garbage can has some beautiful, healthy green growth rising out of it.
Though I am hopeful, I have heard in my travels that some of these spice rack seeds grow to healthy seedlings, only to keel over soon afterwards. 

God, I can't wait for spring, I'm going to give the Afghanis a run for their money!  I also have a plan (though I intend not to need it)  that I am trying to plant milkweed to bolster the dwindling population of monarch butterflies.  I only wish there weren't 4ft of snow everywhere, so I could inspect soil qualities.

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: grocery store poppy seeds [Re: fennel acid tones] * 2
    #21244161 - 02/08/15 04:28 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Offlinefennel acid tones
Student of Life

Loc: Great Lakes region
Re: grocery store poppy seeds [Re: musiclover420]
    #21245148 - 02/08/15 08:39 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Word, I realize and in my first post apologized for the necromancy, but things are constantly changing in any legitimate industry reasonably involved with psychoactivity.

So, I find it prudent to keep the community updated with the latest info, lest they attempt to plant bunk seeds and miss their zone's optimal planting timeframe by the 10-20 days it takes to realize that the seeds they got were sabotaged.  Sure, you could say, "Just order seeds off the net of a known cultivar!  Assured quality!  What if they're low-morphine poppies!  No ambiguity of the strain of poppy!"  Well, in these days of NSA impunity, parallel case construction and Ross Ulbricht-anal gaping, my personal preference leans toward the lack of paper trail.  Call me crazy.

Not to mention that the best parts of the opiumpoppies.org forum, the foremost and nearly lone poppy growing community, is limited to members, and registration is no longer open.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways, these seedlings still seem to be doing well, despite some recent dehydration issues..  keeping these lil' fellas hydrated properly is kinda tricky indoors without also creating a prime environment for harmful fungi or bacteria, as I keep a plastic covering over the soil, since they don't seem to like being exposed to the dry air quite yet;  the most recent watering included some H2O2 in an attempt to prevent this. 

I also recently picked up some of the mc*******'s gourmet seeds in the glass bottle to see how they compare.  I've had seeds from the plastic containers in a glass of water and a moist paper towel, and though some have popped in the glass of water, none sprouted in soil or paper towels, even after nearly a week.

BTW, I always liked an undead deck in mtg, practically turns your graveyard into a giant hand. :smile:

Offlinekactus.brand.g
    #21245325 - 02/08/15 09:37 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

fennel acid tones said:
Word, I realize and in my first post apologized for the necromancy, but things are constantly changing in any legitimate industry reasonably involved with psychoactivity.

So, I find it prudent to keep the community updated with the latest info, lest they attempt to plant bunk seeds and miss their zone's optimal planting timeframe by the 10-20 days it takes to realize that the seeds they got were sabotaged.  Sure, you could say, "Just order seeds off the net of a known cultivar!  Assured quality!  What if they're low-morphine poppies!  No ambiguity of the strain of poppy!"  Well, in these days of NSA impunity, parallel case construction and Ross Ulbricht-anal gaping, my personal preference leans toward the lack of paper trail.  Call me crazy.

Not to mention that the best parts of the opiumpoppies.org forum, the foremost and nearly lone poppy growing community, is limited to members, and registration is no longer open.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaanyways, these seedlings still seem to be doing well, despite some recent dehydration issues..  keeping these lil' fellas hydrated properly is kinda tricky indoors without also creating a prime environment for harmful fungi or bacteria, as I keep a plastic covering over the soil, since they don't seem to like being exposed to the dry air quite yet;  the most recent watering included some H2O2 in an attempt to prevent this. 

I also recently picked up some of the mc*******'s gourmet seeds in the glass bottle to see how they compare.  I've had seeds from the plastic containers in a glass of water and a moist paper towel, and though some have popped in the glass of water, none sprouted in soil or paper towels, even after nearly a week.

BTW, I always liked an undead deck in mtg, practically turns your graveyard into a giant hand. :smile:

The McCormick gourmets,and the regular ones in the little plastic containers both rock:thumbup:

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #21245392 - 02/08/15 09:52 PM (5 years, 8 months ago)

I just wanted an excuse to look that picture up :lol:

Always good to add relevant info to a thread, no matter how old it is.

I personally would say there isn't anything to worry about paper trail wise with ordering poppie seeds, just like san pedro and some other things that have ornamental value and are relatively common. Of course if you are being shady with it that is another story. Like ordering a fuckton of seeds or other things, or the stuff to extract/ do stuff with said plant stuff.

And I always hated undead decks because of how OP they were :lol: I knew some people who made killer zombie or vampire decks back when I played that just raped. I was always more of a green/ multicolor deck. I dug them all, they all have there pro's and cons and are fun to play in different ways. That's why multicolor is the shiznit if you do it right, especially with good multicolor cards to bring it all together. I have a friend who does tournament and wins money, its pretty cool. He even will fly out of state just to go play magic :lol:

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

Jump to top. Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Edibles   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds, Feminized Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains, USA West Coast Strains   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Amazon San Pedro

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Ethnobotanical Garden