Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineprettyboy
Stranger
how long will dry shrooms keep for?
    #2782246 - 06/10/04 02:51 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

(apologies if this question is long-answered... did a forum search and couldn't find a clear answer)

i've got a half ounce of freshly dried shrooms. i might be travelling soon so there's a chance i won't finish them up before i leave.

how long will dried shrooms keep:

a) and still have an effect
b) without going bad (i.e. dangerous to eat)

what's the best way to perserve them for maximum shelf-life? does freezing make a difference? i know moisture is a no-no. how can i keep it out?

prettyboy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: how long will dry shrooms keep for? [Re: prettyboy]
    #2782666 - 06/10/04 05:12 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'd just stick them in the freezer.  Just make sure they are completely dry, they should keep their potency a long while :smile:

OfflineSev
Astropath
Loc: NY
Re: how long will dry shrooms keep for? [Re: prettyboy]
    #2783078 - 06/10/04 08:31 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Make sure they're cracker dry, pack 'em into a mason jar, screw it up tight, and stick it in the freezer -- preferably with a package of food-safe dessicant inside. They'll keep roughly forever.

--------------------
"Do we want the stars? We can have them. Can we borrow cups of fire from the sun? We can and must and light the world." --"On the Shoulders of Giants", Ray Bradbury

All of my posts are full of fiction and blatant lies.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Re: how long will dry shrooms keep for? [Re: Sev]
    #2783092 - 06/10/04 08:37 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Everybody should buy one of those vacuum sealers at WalMart for about one hundred bucks or less. You know the one, like on those infomercials. And then buy two of those cannisters for storing wet stuff. Here's what I do: I take the larger of the 2 cannisters and fill the bottom with Damp Rid. Then I lay the second smaller cannister in there and fill it with the dry shrooms. I cover the bigger one (containing the smaller cannister) and vacuum the air out. Boy, do they last long in there. And talk about potentcey, they are as potent as the day they were dried out. So not only is it good for mushrooms, but you can store your regular food as well. In my book, that's a win,win situation.

-----------------------
"Be kind to the people you meet on the way up, cause you're gonna meet the same people on the way down........It happens to me every day in the sewer."
Ed Norton

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

Offlinemockingbird
It Goes Round And Round

Loc: 0high0 Flag
Re: how long will dry shrooms keep for? [Re: beatlebangboy]
    #2784806 - 06/11/04 12:26 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

thats cool! u say u can get one for under i hundered how many containers do u get with it?

--------------------

Offlinemockeylock
head
 User Gallery

Re: how long will dry shrooms keep for? [Re: mockingbird]
    #2785060 - 06/11/04 01:43 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

None. You just get a roll of bags.

--------------------

OfflineHugh_Jass
pantydealer
Loc: Northern Ireland
Re: how long will dry shrooms keep for? [Re: mockeylock]
    #2786064 - 06/11/04 07:09 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I picked a few hundred liberty caps back in September/October, dried them and just put them in an A4 zip lock bag in a cupboard. The bag doesnt seal 100% air tight but the liberty caps are still strong enough to kick my ass, ate about 25(no more than two grammes) two weeks ago, didnt even fast but I had the strongest visuals I've ever had and was pretty confused through out the trip.

I was expecting my shrooms to only last a few months like that but Im really suprised.

Offlinebeatlebangboy
Absinthe-ian
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bum Fuck Florida
Re: how long will dry shrooms keep for? [Re: mockeylock]
    #2786352 - 06/11/04 08:55 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

mockeylock said:
None. You just get a roll of bags.

Right you are. There are always as on's to get more bucks outta' you and as I recall those canisters are not cheap.......but very well worth the cost. I tried using the bags but that isn't as convenient (as far as keeping the Damp Rid in there). When I sent someone a gift in the mail they said that they were starting to get that "smell" and I think you know that smell I'm talking about. It ain't pleasant on the nose or the stomach.

--------------------
Check out my tunes. You will be better off for it.
www.myspace.com/beatlebangboy

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract