Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKanibus
Killa KanProductions

Loc: Canada
Re: Eating an ounce of dried shrooms... [Re: Strumpling]
    #1444578 - 04/09/03 08:43 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah i think that eating an ounce of shrooms isnt cool. First of all it wastes money seeing as you can already get a level 5 trip off like a quarter or less, hell i got a high level 4 off 3.5 grams.

I know id never eat anywhere near that ammount, and ugh, immagine the bad taste. yuck

--------------------
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~
http://www.geocities.com/magicmushroominfo/
http://www.geocities.com/killakanproductions/
~~~~ CHECK THIS SHIT OUT ~~~~

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinejimcon202000

Re: Eating an ounce of dried shrooms... [Re: ]
    #1444962 - 04/09/03 10:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

to go back a bit  any psych.... can not cause but can certianly bring out an underlying disorder.  there are a # of reports of people that had no problems but after a high dose (mush. lsd ect.) became scitzo (that spelling of off but i think you get it :smile:  )   

all i say is please be careful, ask questions, and do your home work

what goes around comes around 

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
Re: Eating an ounce of dried shrooms... [Re: jimcon202000]
    #1445079 - 04/09/03 11:06 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

You do not become schizophrenic from eating mushrooms as was previously stated; it may bring out an underlying disorder, but understand that most mental disorders are aquired at birth due to defective or mutated chromosomes or genes. Quit spreading misinformation. As for eating a dry ounce, it is no different than doing a "thumbprint" other than the fact that a "thumbprint" is much more of an ego-loss than an ounce of shrooms. I one day hope to feel clean enough mentally that an ounce of shrooms will be a very happy and healthy event.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

Offlinejimcon202000

Re: Eating an ounce of dried shrooms... [Re: diggitydankman]
    #1445112 - 04/09/03 11:12 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

pleas note i did not say that it would cause a problem ............... it WILL however brign one out. thats all (i dont have a citation but i have read proof)

i try not to spread false info

peace

Offlinejimcon202000

#1445130 - 04/09/03 11:15 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

buy the way meant "WILL" as............h i ment if you have a pre-existing condition

Offlinediggitydankman
No longer aCannabisConnoisseur

Loc: Michgan
    #1445300 - 04/09/03 11:53 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I was refering to your "became schizo" remark. You do not become Shizophrenic, you are or you are not and then you deal with it as time progresses. Certainly tripping is not for people with schizophrenia, unless used as therapy to help conquer the schizophrenia.

--------------------
"It's only wrong if you get caught.
If consequences dictate
my course of action
I should play GOD."

Maynard James Keenan, Tool

OfflineTold
Artiest

Loc: Rockies
    #1445704 - 04/10/03 03:52 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

the VERY FIRST TIME i tiook mushrooms i ate 4 grams and watched "Signs" in the theatres.

ok.

let me tell you... i was so scared, i thought i was in the movie fighting the aliens. on the walk home with friends i just couldnt stop looking at shit thinking it was an alien... like how they blended in... i asked ppl to spend the night but no one would, so were i live are alot of trees and a long dark driveway into a darker backyard. it took me 20 minutes to walk from the front yard to the back.LOL.

yea if i could do it again, id do it at 8 grams.

but the most ive eaten is 7 moderate sized caps and 2 moderate sized stems. i think about 6-8 grams, around there.

hehe man i love mushrooms.

InvisibleRoadkillM
Retired Shroomery Mod
Male User Gallery

Loc: Montana
Re: Eating an ounce of dried shrooms... [Re: Tonearm]
    #1445713 - 04/10/03 04:02 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I did 11 dry grams of Cambodians once and I haven't been the same since.
lolzz

It was a very wicked evening...to say the least.

--------------------
Laterz, Road

Who the hell you callin crazy?
You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating froot loops on your front porch!

Brainiac said:
PM the names with on there names, that means they have mushrooms for sale.

OfflineShroomNewb
enthusiast
    #1445714 - 04/10/03 04:03 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I once consumed 15 grams dried on a dry stomach, my friend consumed roughly 30 grams. He became dillusional and eventually passed out, he doesn't do any drugs or anything "bad" related anymore. The guy wasn't the same last time I talked to him(4 or so months after the trip). He is actually becoming a cop, lol. It was the worst trip of my life, I was still young at mind and it tore the last shreds of my innocence away. Not smart anyways. I like to think that I have grown in maturity since then. Heh.

InvisibleTxTec
Texas home andheart breaker...

Re: Eating an ounce of dried shrooms... [Re: Dogomush]
    #1445877 - 04/10/03 07:15 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

bite me 

Bite my Kitty....Pussy :smirk:

--------------------
I felt a warm warm breeze that melted metal and steele

Invisiblechunder
marker

Loc: The City
Re: Eating an ounce of dried shrooms... [Re: TxTec]
    #1446242 - 04/10/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Mushrooms are tools, at least to me. A very powerful tool. The higher the dosage, the less protection your brain has against the complexity and infinity of reality.

I really agree with what was said about these kinds of trips being useless as far as what you learn from them. If an experience is so bad that you can't even remember any part of it, then there is definitely going to be mental repercussions that you might not be able to deal with. Just because psilocybin doesn't harm you directly, doesnt mean that an exteremly traumatic experience doesn't harm you.

At least for me, moderate doses from 2 grams to 5 grams is the best way to learn from my trips. Peace.

--------------------

Offlinewacked
Ylide
 User Gallery
Loc: Hawaii
    #1451197 - 04/11/03 10:09 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I ate a alot of dried paneolis cyanescens. I dont know how many were in the bag. They were about 80% dried. I posted a trip report called life or death I think. It was a long time ago and I typed it as I remembered it. I have eaten over 30 freshly picked cyanescens from the pacific northwest. I eat them fresh and have a more lively time since they are like alive. I ate 12 grams dried of the psy. cyanescens and couldnt get out of bed. The only time I could move was to open the window to get fresh air or get a drink of water. If I tried to do something of I wanted to do that would not better myself I would fall over. It is an incredible experience. When I take alot it scares the life out of me. I think I am going to die and it scares me straight to get the bullshit and cobwebs out of my life. I dont know if I am mentally disturbed by it. I am a little wacked. But I do function normally in society I think, but I dont have much of a social life. The shrooms have brought the best out of me and inspired me to do more and better my life and those I come in contact with. I traveled to 23 countries and now studying Chemistry and Biology and can speak 2 Asian languages. Plugging in to the social network in America seems weird. I dont think they cause brain damage. But they will give someone a whole different out look on life. I think it is good to eat alot at once at least once or twice in life. But not good to do it too many times. It just takes a time or two to see what is real and break out of the bullshit and mindset society inflicts on you.

Anonymous

deleted [Re: Tonearm]
    #1454915 - 04/13/03 03:50 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

deleted

Offlinefastbut
Re: Eating an ounce of dried shrooms... [Re: wacked]
    #1455191 - 04/13/03 05:52 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hey Whacked,

I agree totaly with Freezer.

How the hell can you speak two Asian languages when you cannot even spell Panaeolus. If you were in school studying chemistry and biology you would surely know how to spell a simple word like Panaeolus and if you did not you would know how to look it up onthe net or this forum to spell it correctly.

Please do not bullshit in this forum. Good thing Em_Bre_0 did not see your post.

Fast Butt

Something tells me you are bullshiting. And if you ate that many fresh Psilocybe cyanescens (30 as you said) you sure as hell would have been on the ground or in the hospital since they block motor coordination at those doses. You would not have been able to stand up and would have needed some emergency room treatment..

Invisiblepsychopsilocyber
Male

#1455330 - 04/13/03 07:03 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

I've eaten 8 grams dry, wasnt as intense as the 5grams/syrian rue though.

Offlinedomite
Puppet
Male User Gallery
Loc: Who's askin'?
Re: Eating an ounce of dried shrooms... [Re: psychopsilocyber]
    #1455357 - 04/13/03 07:19 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

fastbut:
There is such a thing as a typo. (this is not a flame)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Eating an ounce of dried shrooms... [Re: domite]
    #1455402 - 04/13/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Cute Kitty TxTec,
and this is to Domite,

This is mj and after reading whacked's script and the distribution of letters on the keyboard, one cannot really tell if it is a typo ir if it isn't, One letter yes, possibly the 'o' which is right next to the 'i' and that their in itself indicates a typo.
However, I cannot make heads or tails about the missing letter a which was completely omitted from the word paneolis as spelled by wacked..

So I assume it is a typo.

Now another poiint of interest.
30 fresh Psilocybe cyanescens mushrooms would put anyone who ate that many on the floor. It would cause complete loss of your muscular coordination. In other words your legs could not jhold you upright.

I could see someone eating large amounts of Copelandia but They have a tolerance form doing them a few times every week over a long period of time.

There are two tales from the journals of both species causing horrible intoxications in humans .

A mother and two young children consumed two ounces of Copelandia cyanescens in the early 1960s in Menton, France.

This is how we learned of the magic properties of Copelandia cyanescens. The children were in convulsions, but they also hallucinated immensely.

You can read this in French:

Heim, Roger., Hofmann, Albert., and Hans Tscherter. 1966. Sur une Intoxication Collective a Syndrome Psilocybien Causee en France par un Copelandia. Comptes Rendus Hebdomadaires des S?ances de l'Acad?mie des Sciences vol. 262:519-523. January 24.
This report of an accidental intoxication of Copelandia cyanescens by a mother and her two adolescent children occurred in Menton, France in 1962.. Over 60 grams of fresh mushrooms were consumed causing a most terrifying experience. In French.

Oh yes here is the first reported bad trip by Dr. Stein who grew what he ate:

Stein, Sam I. 1958. An unusual effect from a species of Mexican mushrooms, Psilocybe cubensis. Mycopathologia et Mycologia Applicata vol. 9(4):263-267. September 29.
Dr. Sam Stein's somewhat terrifying account of his dysphoric reaction after he ingested 5 dried grams of in vitro grown specimens of Psilocybe cubensis. An abbreviated version of this paper was circulated privately.

I hage this one in my files somewhere.

Of course there was the 16-year-old girl who, along with two male companions ate Galerina autumnalis thinking they were Psilocybe stunzii/cyanescens. After a few days they started to become physically sick and for two more days failed to report their illness because they were afraid of being prosecuted for breaking the law by eating magic shrooms, at least that is what they thought they were.

She die on the sith day, juat like int he Arnold movie. She writhed in pain from the amatoxins as they fed on her kidneys and liver.

The two boys have been on dialysis all of their lives.

And they only ate a few of the srhooms. When nothing happened they gave up. It takles from 16 to 24 hours or longer for the amatoxins began to eat your life away. Sometimes in five days anbd sonmetimes in 7 or 8.

Anyway, I do not think someone could eat that many.

And asked anyone who has eaten P. cyanescens. They know how potent the little ones are and if they are big it would stillbe 1-3 for a good dose if they were lartgge, only one.

30 I to have doubts.

mj

Edited by mjshroomer (04/13/03 08:36 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: Eating an ounce of dried shrooms... [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1455540 - 04/13/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 11 months ago)

Hahaha I thought that cat on the toilet was a black Fox Terrier sittin' on the john

mj

InvisibleOlgualion
Shaman-In-Training
 User Gallery

Loc: Currently Earth...
    #1470968 - 04/18/03 04:24 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

I once ate 12 grams of PF when I lived in colorado.  This was back when I grew, shortly after I started.  It was absolutely unbearable.  The audial hallucinations were horrible, like the beginning of floyds money and the beatles revolution 9 being played at the same time, very loud and non stop.  I was hearing voices as well '"my name" you did it this time, you really did it this time.'  Since I ate them over a 45 minute or so period, just when I thought the peak was over, a bigger wave came...  I was contemplating suicide because I sincerely felt I would never be the same.  Which actually turned out to be the case, only in a positive way. :wink: 

I think I had an OBE while in the bathroom sitting on the john.  I could see myself, head pressed firmly into my hands on my lap, at the same time the voices... I was going crazy, no i was crazy...  Everything repeating itself, over and over the clocks ticking, and bells chiming and records skipping over and over...  I felt myself pulling at my hair, opened my eyes, no hair in my hands, looked to the left, and saw my cat.  And I knew everything was going to be okay!  So the peak was over, i was coming down, ahhhh.  A kaleidescope of colors were everywhere, I wasn't hearing the voices anymore, and the sounds were dimming.  The comedown was wonderful!  It is always my favorite part of the mushroom trip.

Anyway, I will never do that again!  In fact, no more than 2 g. for me at a time. 

--------------------
Study the past...
See the future...

OfflineArdRi
traveler

Loc: northeast usa
    #1471739 - 04/18/03 09:35 PM (20 years, 10 months ago)

sure once i ate about a quarter pound of dried P.Cubes . it was intense and overwhelming for a while i wouldn't advise it but i can still drive , type own a home etc. haven't been institutionalized . so an oz. is doable though overkill by alot.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder