Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous #1

Never lie
    #2783263 - 06/10/04 10:00 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Lately I've come to this forum with problems but this time I want to offer a piece of advice so that others don't fall into a trap that I have. My advice to all of you is: never lie. No matter how inconsequential you think it is, just don't do it, especially when it comes to serious issues such as health or money. You don't know what effect the smallest lie can have on your life later on.

I learned this the hard way. Five months ago I lied to my parents when they asked me a simple question. Since then it has snowballed and caused me more problems than I can count, and affected my life in a very bad and possibly irreversible way. Instead of immediately correcting myself I protected my ego and kept the lie up, making up several other lies along the way to keep the story going. If I could go back and change my answer to that one question I would do it in an instant, because my life would be much easier to handle right now. Because I told a lie that I thought was small at the time, I'm now in debt to my landlord for a rather large sum of money, with my roommate breathing down my neck to pay my part of the rent. I have no job and my parents won't provide me with the money I need. So right now I'm scrambling to find a job and get money any other way I can. I've already sold all the material possessions I could live without and I'm still not even close to paying what I owe. A small lie I told sent me into depression, ended friendships, and generally caused my life to be a living hell.

So please, when you are about to lie about something, especially something that you feel down the road might cause you problems, STOP. THINK. Don't lie. Explain your situation if the other person is upset at the truth. You'll respect yourself more in the end for having the courage to tell the truth than protecting your ego.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblePinhead
Oregano
Male

Loc: Hootersville
Re: Never lie [Re: ]
    #2783309 - 06/10/04 10:17 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

That's the best advice I've heard in a long time. People will respect you so much more if you tell them the truth,great way to gain trust and respect.

Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2783876 - 06/11/04 03:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Sound advice. Now how many of us are going to think of this thread when it comes down to telling the truth?

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
    #2783885 - 06/11/04 04:03 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Max Headroom said:
Lately I've come to this forum with problems but this time I want to offer a piece of advice so that others don't fall into a trap that I have. My advice to all of you is: never lie. No matter how inconsequential you think it is, just don't do it, especially when it comes to serious issues such as health or money. You don't know what effect the smallest lie can have on your life later on.

I learned this the hard way. Five months ago I lied to my parents when they asked me a simple question. Since then it has snowballed and caused me more problems than I can count, and affected my life in a very bad and possibly irreversible way. Instead of immediately correcting myself I protected my ego and kept the lie up, making up several other lies along the way to keep the story going. If I could go back and change my answer to that one question I would do it in an instant, because my life would be much easier to handle right now. Because I told a lie that I thought was small at the time, I'm now in debt to my landlord for a rather large sum of money, with my roommate breathing down my neck to pay my part of the rent. I have no job and my parents won't provide me with the money I need. So right now I'm scrambling to find a job and get money any other way I can. I've already sold all the material possessions I could live without and I'm still not even close to paying what I owe. A small lie I told sent me into depression, ended friendships, and generally caused my life to be a living hell.

So please, when you are about to lie about something, especially something that you feel down the road might cause you problems, STOP. THINK. Don't lie. Explain your situation if the other person is upset at the truth. You'll respect yourself more in the end for having the courage to tell the truth than protecting your ego.

Great advice!!

I have, however, told lies and half-truths to protect other people's ego. (namely, my fundamentalist Christian parents)

I probably shouldn't, but I also know that the truth about my spirituality would hurt my parents very, very much.

Offlinegotmagog
searching fortruth andlogic...

Loc: Europe
Re: Never lie [Re: MOTH]
    #2784350 - 06/11/04 09:40 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I feel the same thing about my psychedelic use
I am not honest to many people about my psychedelic use and how I feel about spiritualty and religion.

I honestly share only with those that I feel will understand, or at least be tollerant about this, about spirituality, death, life, and so.

I have not told my parents (which strongly disapprove even of weed) about this, I want to spare both me and them from the stress and anger that I am sure will follow.

In general about lying, it may be a sign of arrogance, but in some cases one may well calculate the consequences of a lie or a truth, and decide which is best for him and all others.

An interesting example of this may be found in Castaneda's books and . Castaneda is lied to many many times by Don Juan, but the old indian does this to lead him better on the way to knowledge. The shaman and warrior knows well the consequences of his actions.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds