Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Loc: In the jungle
Discouraged: My fucking mother in-law, college, etc.
    #2776761 - 06/09/04 01:14 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I recently made the decision to return to college after fucking up with it and not going for two years.  I'm at a place in my life where I think I have what it takes to make a committment to education, and I really am looking forward to going back. 

But there is a problem...financial aid.  My parents said they would pay for alot of it, but that I have to apply for financial aid.  I was going to fill out the FAFSA form, but then I realized I couldn't because I don't have an updated social security card with my married name on it.  So I go to the social security webpage and discover that I have to fill out all that paperwork and SEND THEM my original marriage certificate, and wait before I can get my name changed on my social security card.  I am nervous about sending them an original document like my marriage certificate...it's just a whole lot of crap. 

And even if I get my social security card taken care of and apply to FAFSA, there is a good chance that I will not be eligible for financial aid because of the terrible situation that my husbands mom and grandparents have put us in.  You see, he "owns" real estate, but he doesn't get any money off of it, because his mother takes it all.  To make a long story short, he was supposed to get sole ownership of the properties from his mom when he was 21, but she hates me so much that when he married me, she changed it so that the properties won't legally be out of her control until he is 31.  So now that we're married, his real estate is technically my real estate, so on tax forms and stuff it doesn't LOOK like we're below the poverty level, but we really are because he doesn't get SHIT from the properties. 

So that might mean that I can't get a loan or anything for my fucking school.  I'll still try, but it doesn't look good at this point.  Kevin "owns" over $500,000 in property, but he doesn't really own it or get income off it, because of his stupid mother.  So unless he breaks out of the family contract completely, there may be no way for me to get financial aid for school. 

It's just all so fucked up.  Kevin's mom also cut him off from college a few years ago because of me, yet everytime he talks to her she lectures him about how he needs to go to college.  How fucking stupid is that?  If she cared that much, she shouldn't have cut him off, the stupid bitch.  He has a great job and works full time right now, but even then we don't have the ability to pay for college for either of us.  I am only getting this opportunity because of MY parents who said they would help me out, but if I don't get any financial aid (because of the fucking property situation), I might not be able to go at all. 

I'm so bummed out at this particular moment.  All I want to do is go to college, but it seems so complicated at this point.  Please, no lectures on how I "should have gone right out of high school."  Let's just say that I can see now why people say that you should get college out of the way early, because any later and it can just get too fucking difficult and complicated!! 

To make matters worse, I don't know what to do.  I feel so helpless and fucked over.  I know that's not necessarily true, but that's just how I feel.  I'll probably try to get my social security card straightened out, and then apply for FAFSA or whatever financial aid that there is and see if I can get it.  If I can't because of the property situation, then I think I might just lose it and go nuts for a few days.  I want to break something and scream just thinking about it. 

I just feel so frustrated.  I HATE Kevin's mother.  I fucking hate her, the prune-faced fat ass CUNT.  I know I shouldn't.  I know I should have the same love for her that I try to have for the rest of humanity, but she is such a detestable BITCH!!  Why can't she just get over the fact that I'm married to her damn son and get over it!!??  Seriously, she has tried her best to make life miserable for Kevin and I since we got together.  I can't even explain all the nasty, vindictive schemes and bitchy things she's done to try and break us up.  I don't know why she hates me so much!  I've been nothing but nice, but now I am at my wits end with her.  If I end up unable to get a loan or aid for college because she is being an ugly and putrid malicious whore due to her own stupid insecurities then there WILL be hell to pay.  I've had it. 

All I want to do is go to college!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :sad:

Sorry, but I'm feeling so discouraged right now. 

*me*

Edit:  P.S.

I really have been so much happier lately, but sometimes the steam must flow. 

Edited by EllemyshShade (06/09/04 01:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Discouraged: My fucking mother in-law, college, etc. [Re: MOTH]
    #2776864 - 06/09/04 02:06 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

well, i went into college right after highschool...i was working full time, school full time, and on top of that i earned a spot on the wrestling team...between wrestling practice, school work, and my shitty job i got so overwhelmed and burned out that i too took a two year break...was only suposed to be a one semester break but it got really hard to get back into it. college isnt cheap these days...sometimes it seems like they only want the people who already have money to get a decent education. im in a pretty shitty financial aid situation also...its tough, but you will find a way through it. as for advice, i dont really know what to tell ya....all i can say is i know how well your shoes fit. it sux.

id say go ahead and send in your marriage cirtificate, get your ss card, and apply....even if you get turned down at least you can show your parents that you tried to get it.

i hope things work out for ya...

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Invisiblegoobler
Reanimated
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2777201 - 06/09/04 07:05 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

you can still get LOANS, shit turn this thing around and use it to your advantage...use the property as collateral on the loan...

what you wont get is AID if you show too much income...Hell Loans (especailly student) are easy and you got a big chunk of land to back you up

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Discouraged: My fucking mother in-law, college, etc. [Re: goobler]
    #2777208 - 06/09/04 07:10 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks guys...

I know it will just take a bit of research on my part to pull this thing through. Just needed some venting room I guess.

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
    #2777281 - 06/09/04 08:05 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Goobler's right, you should still be able to get a FAFSA loan even if you have property or income.  They won't give you free money, but I was able to get law school loans even when I was making $40K/year. 

There's 2 kinds of loans - don't remember all the details, but the govt. subsidized loans give you a lower interest rate & I think the interest doesn't accrue 'til you graduate.  The unsubsidized loans have higher interest & it starts accruing from the second you get the loan.  It's either that or interest still accrues, but you don't pay it 'til graduation.  Like I said, the details are a little fuzzy now, but you should be able to find it on FAFSA's website.

As far as the SS card, I just lost mine, so I've been looking into getting another one.  You should be able to take your original documents into the nearest SS office & apply for it that way.  That's what I'm gonna do 'cause there's no way in hell I'm mailing 'em my driver's license!

Don't let that bitch or anyone else keep you from your goals.  Be persistent and before you know it, it'll be graduation time and you can laugh in your mother-in-law's face. :grin:

PM me if you want me to look up loan stuff or whatever (I'm an accountant, so I do that kinda shit for a living.)

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

Offlinemojuice
bored

Re: Discouraged: My fucking mother in-law, college, etc. [Re: Renegade8]
    #2778933 - 06/09/04 06:34 PM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I'v had to go get a new ss card a couple times. you just have to wait in line at a city Social Security office then show them your papers when it's your turn. About 2 weeks later a new one is in your mailbox.

InvisibleMOTH
Wild Woman
 User Gallery

Re: Discouraged: My fucking mother in-law, college, etc. [Re: mojuice]
    #2779913 - 06/10/04 12:27 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Yeah, I never knew that there was a SS office in the city!!  I feel like an idiot, but it never occured to me that there would be one that I could just walk in and get my card taken care of.  :tongue:  I'm going to check it out tomorrow. 

I'm going to be BUSY the next two weeks, trying to get my shit in order to attend college later this fall.  I'm really hoping that I could take at least one class during the 2nd summer semester.  How long does it usually take to process the FAFSA loan? 

And Renegade420...thanks man.  I'll definately be tossing you a PM sometime within the next few days. 

Thanks everyone, I'm sure that if I work hard it will turn out for the best.  :sun:

:heart:

*me*

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order