Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineamanita
addict
Loc: UK
Re: Ever eat an OZ. of Amanita M?? My friend did......
    #277389 - 03/24/01 05:12 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Sounds like a very disturbing experience! However, this is off-topic since Amanita musacaria is not considered an edible fungus. I have heard of dried Amanita muscaria being used in small quantities as a flavouring in soups (small quantities i presume to be meaning "just a pinch").

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

Re: Ever eat an OZ. of Amanita M?? My friend did...... [Re: amanita]
    #279024 - 03/26/01 02:51 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

It's really a delicious mushroom but the side affects are a little unpredictable. I know of a guy who laid on the floor of his trailer for three days. He said he thought he was a worm.

Take a trip to the Spore Lab @:
http://www.sunshine.net/www/1700/sn1730

OfflineWoodsman
enthusiast
Loc: Oregon
Re: Ever eat an OZ. of Amanita M?? My friend did...... [Re: ]
    #280433 - 03/28/01 12:44 AM (16 years, 4 months ago)

Guess it depends on the individual, the dosage, and the highly variable toxicity of the shrooms from one batch to the next. If I eat just a little they taste delicious, I feel really strong & motivated & go out & work in the yard. If I eat just a little too much they taste delicious, I get clumsy & stupid & fall asleep & have really vivid dreams.

No freakin' way I'd ever attempt a dry ounce--that would be like, what, 2 pounds fresh? Way dangerous--these are a nervous system depressant, and the few overdose deaths they've caused have been from respiratory failure.

OfflineAkoplan
journeyman
Re: Ever eat an OZ. of Amanita M?? My friend did...... [Re: Woodsman]
    #281805 - 03/29/01 08:25 PM (16 years, 4 months ago)

My friend has eaten a. muscaria a few times. However, one time he ate 1 medium sized cap of grade A Siberian Agaric, blood red. It smelled of chocolate but tasted horrible. The gills had been almost totally removed before it had been dried. The mushroom was powdered and mixed with honey and eaten on a half empty stomach. Within 1/2 he was feeling lots of nausea. He smoked a bowl but it didn't help. Next thing he knows he's puking his guts out. The taste of the mushrooms brings on another series of violent heaves. He spends about 20 minutes shivering in a cold sweat on the bathroom floor. The bathroom' spinning makes it hard to get up. Finally he gets a glass of water and lays down on the couch. Now the walls are breathing or being blown by a breeze. He said that it was nothing like the smurfs he'd eaten before. He has not given up on the red devils though. He got hold of half a dozen small quater size dried buttons; said to be the most highly prized by the Siberians. But that is another story, not as bad,but very weird.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms