Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale, Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | 407 | 408 | 409 | 410 | 411 | 412 | 413 | | Last >
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: micelio]
    #27575068 -

Quote:
I learned that from Fahtster.. (If I'm not mistaking)

You don't want your lc. to puddle on the bottom of your jar. I roll the jars a quarter turn every few hours until the lc. absorbs into the grain then I'll right the jars to vertical...



awesome thanks for this trick when I got some LC I will give it a go.

Edited by kanemush (12/09/21 05:55 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: kanemush]
    #27575186 -

Lol Iโ€™ve been down that road.


Youโ€™re better off using less lc so you donโ€™t have to worry about soaking it up. For me at least they took forever to recover and fuzz up when I flooded the jars.


--------------------
LAGM2020

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: A.k.a] * 1
    #27575437 -

I got a dehydrator!! Delivered to South Africa from China. When I ordered it I thought it would be too late for the mega flushes that were obviously on the way. Oh, the hubris.

Anyway here it is drying some pineapple as I have yet to even get as far as some pins.  Perseverance and Patience



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: schpat]
    #27575510 -

Looks nice and straightforward. You sweeten that pineapple?


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Failboat]
    #27575525 -

why would you need to sweeten pineapple?  or any fruit really.


--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Failboat]
    #27575640 -

Quirkmeister92 said:
Looks nice and straightforward. You sweeten that pineapple?



I didnโ€™t. But it was quite tart. Papaya was interesting dried. Bananas are my favourite.

I wish I was drying different kinds of fruits though.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: schpat]
    #27575686 -

schpat said:
I got a dehydrator!! Delivered to South Africa from China. When I ordered it I thought it would be too late for the mega flushes that were obviously on the way. Oh, the hubris.

Anyway here it is drying some pineapple as I have yet to even get as far as some pins.  Perseverance and Patience





Care to post the link to the dehydrator?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27575697 -

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003088266360.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1126231fYq9mGf&algo_pvid=82ff1340-137f-4a7b-b81e-b935d381dc39&algo_exp_id=82ff1340-137f-4a7b-b81e-b935d381dc39-41&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000024007505603%22%7D

Looks like that, you can probably find a similar one in your local stores, shipping is not worth al least for me...

And i think thats the generic design, mine is the same but branded.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: 0ptiquest]
    #27575729 -

0ptiquest said:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003088266360.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1126231fYq9mGf&algo_pvid=82ff1340-137f-4a7b-b81e-b935d381dc39&algo_exp_id=82ff1340-137f-4a7b-b81e-b935d381dc39-41&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000024007505603%22%7D

Looks like that, you can probably find a similar one in your local stores, shipping is not worth al least for me...

And i think thats the generic design, mine is the same but branded.



No you unfortunately can't find them in stores here, I bought a local equivalent  at far higher price.

South africa is a pain in the ass for many items you guys can just stroll into any store to buy.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27575786 -

Different things are really hard to find in different countries. I've spent a bit of time overseas and can vividly remember *several* times I thought I could just go get something and ohhononono. Chili powder. Etc. Also places where they don't really have addresses (maybe a spray-painted orange X for fedex to hit the spot).

Congrats on the happy new drying device! :wink:


--------------------
Thanks to everyone for sharing what they know :smile:. 165F for 24hrs.

Better Holes Tek (Use a Step Drill Bit)
Don't forget your towel: THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE SHROOMERY

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27576158 -

Hey I got this one from bid or buy but the listing is expired.  It cost R1678 and R145  to ship with DHL but I had to pay DHL forwarding and VAT of R330 for a total of R2153 or the equivalent of 135 USD. People in the US could buy the exact same thing at Walmart for $42.70.

But Derrayld, here is a link I just found for R1048 and R99 shipping that seems to already be in SA and delivered in 2 days.  I just bought it as a spare.  The Hubirs is real.


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: DERRAYLD]
    #27576223 -

DERRAYLD said:
0ptiquest said:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003088266360.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.1126231fYq9mGf&algo_pvid=82ff1340-137f-4a7b-b81e-b935d381dc39&algo_exp_id=82ff1340-137f-4a7b-b81e-b935d381dc39-41&pdp_ext_f=%7B%22sku_id%22%3A%2212000024007505603%22%7D

Looks like that, you can probably find a similar one in your local stores, shipping is not worth al least for me...

And i think thats the generic design, mine is the same but branded.



No you unfortunately can't find them in stores here, I bought a local equivalent  at far higher price.

South africa is a pain in the ass for many items you guys can just stroll into any store to buy.



Damn im from south america men i feel you.. i just thought that South Africa was a  developed country but i really dont have idea. :rolleyes:

I am also one of those who envy the Americans who can have everything cheap and at their doorstep in a couple of days.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: 0ptiquest] * 2
    #27581860 -

The second Dehydrator just arrived.  Now I could stack ten trays and keep the fan and heater unit as a spare.



--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: schpat]
    #27583111 -

yeah, considering how much the spare trays are by themselves thats the way to go for sure


--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: schpat]
    #27583162 -

Back when I was younger I didn't have money for an electric dehydrator nor the resources to get in to town stealthfully enough to buy one.

I took an old electric space heater, built a wood box with a hole in the bottom,siliconed the intake fan for the heater to it. Cut a couple smaller vents in the top. I'd stack the mushrooms or whatever I was drying up and plug in the space heater. It ran at about 140 with a blanket wrapped around it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Drboomer]
    #27583168 -

yeah, that works great too.  heat and airflow:cool:


wait, why did you gotta get into town stealthily?


--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

Edited by TedsDead (12/16/21 01:29 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: TedsDead]
    #27583187 -

Like I said I was younger much much younger. My parents already suspected my deviant crap could give them confirmation.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Drboomer] * 1
    #27583198 -

lol.  thats when I would put them in the air duct in the ceiling and let the house heating system do the work;)  or above a bathroom fan where you know no one is going to take a shower.  they just pull right down and you can stuff the mush up there and leave the fan on. in those days it was cyans tho and they dry much easier than cubes but u gotta dry you haul one way or another.   


--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

Edited by TedsDead (12/16/21 02:33 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: hamloaf] * 1
    #27585526 -

My humble SAB. 



--------------------
"We have arrived at truth, and now we find truth is a mystery- a play of joy, creation, and energy. This is source. This is the mystic touchstone that heals and renews. This is the beginning again. This is entheogenic." -Nicholas Sand

A box of grain will ease the pain and love will see you through...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Post Your New Tools Of The Trade. [Re: Tony6Strings]
    #27585533 -

:rockon:


--------------------


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < First | | 393 | 394 | 395 | 396 | 397 | 398 | 399 | 400 | 401 | 402 | 403 | 404 | 405 | 406 | 407 | 408 | 409 | 410 | 411 | 412 | 413 | | Last >

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale, Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Injection Grain Bag, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8722 8723 )
saralove 5,228,637 174,452 10/08/26 05:30 AM
by gopher
* PCing tools of the trade no-tone 1,416 6 04/10/03 07:42 PM
by oO_wombat_Oo
* Posted this at Myco. interesting story... NewbieShroomer 3,223 3 12/26/01 10:22 PM
by blahblahblah
* Need advice on sterility & trading spores. The_Gnome_King 5,012 16 06/25/20 05:22 AM
by Zakkery
* Spore Trading Post Thom_Yorke 2,716 6 12/19/02 04:34 AM
by Iowa Rasta
* spore trading post? chronic_124 1,626 3 12/24/01 02:53 PM
by psilocybinjunkie
* Big investment/Mycobags tricks of trade belushi 1,844 3 12/06/02 02:29 PM
by f8L
* About the sporetrading post Mini Deluxe Kit chicagoist 2,201 11 08/10/01 02:23 PM
by FungusFarmer

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
473,955 topic views. 20 members, 103 guests and 150 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.039 seconds spending 0.018 seconds on 16 queries.