Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) * 2
    #25947140 -

Hey, ya'll!  Just thought I'd share how I birth tubs without having to mess with the mess that is polyfill...


What you need:

- A colonized modded and taped tub ready for fruiting

- A sharp knife



Step1 Top Holes:

with knife in hand approach your tub and turn so that top hole is facing towards you.  angle your blade and cut a small "V" in the tape like so: 
next press the interior of your "V" onto itself so that it makes a triangular hole like so:
repeat on other side.  (the size of this hole may vary depending on your rooms RH)

Step2 Side Holes

now cut 4-5 vertical slits top to bottom on your taped side holes like this: 

ta-done! now mist if you need it and wait for fruits


some pics of it working:


--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: TedsDead]
    #25947152 -

I can dig it.
:firstladyofapproval:
Kinda old skool but that's duct tape for ya.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: mushboy]
    #25947159 -

I just like that you don't have to untape and re-stuff the holes.  gets to be a pain if you have a lot of tubs to do.  even easier if you stack em on dollies and just spin the stack and cut away.  definitely requires dialing just like poly


--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: TedsDead]
    #25947192 -

It’s hard to beat micropore tape but that’s pretty cool :thumbup:


--------------------
How I make and preserve tea


Consuming consumes a man That was never a purpose of life To only crave for material joys Is believing the lie - Mellow Mood

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: SFS96]
    #25947264 -

Why not just leave a little gap in the tape from the get go? Then it's even less work.


--------------------
Yep.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: Alchemycologist] * 1
    #25947285 -

People think they need to suffocate tubs during colonization tho

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25947298 -

Tru.

I just like the money saving aspect tho. Mp tape is pricey. Duct is cheap and already in my utility drawer:stoned:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: mushboy]
    #25947299 -

I just like flip my lid over and call it a day. But if I ever did a traditional mono again i would just poke holes in duct tape or make the holes the appropriate size that they didn't need tape restriction

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: bodhisatta] * 1
    #25947384 -

I forgot to mention fuck duct tape!  lol...  the tub in the end pic has DT but I like 2" masking tape cause its way cheaper and much easier to remove and work with in general.  It  does allow a little more GE during colonization tho.  MPT and DT are a pain to remove and MPT is expensive.  my cats kept getting in and taking the poly out so I resorted to this method.


--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: TedsDead]
    #25947394 -

Have you tried unmodded?

You dont need to worry about ge righ tubs. Unless your tubs have lids with a rubber gasket.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25947396 -

bodhisatta said:
I just like flip my lid over and call it a day. But if I ever did a traditional mono again i would just poke holes in duct tape or make the holes the appropriate size that they didn't need tape restriction



But if you're running stacks of 4 your un modded tubs wont work will they ? I know at one point in time I was running 50 tubs in a 12x16 area .. I ran some unmodded but only the ones on top ..

That's a pretty cool trick ted I fruit at spawn myself i just grabbed some extra lost quilt rolls and I'm experimenting on different folds


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: Boogieman47]
    #25947404 -

I put them on shelves to make them easy to access. Would do the same with any tub even shoeboxes go on shelves for me. I haven't stacked them past 3 high and that was only one stack to try it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25947414 -

Does it work stacked ? I usually try to keep it down to 3 high myself I have those shelves at home depot I get 3 stacks of 2 on bottom and 3 of 3 on top so 15 per shelf ... 4 shells.. 3 keeps the weight down as well but I use to stack 4, 5, and 6 high in the beginning of my journey


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: Boogieman47]
    #25947417 -

Yea no difference than being on shelfs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25947434 -

I was always afraid the lids would crack Haha... all my tubs wrre modded by the time you made your tek i still have about 15 unmodded though i hate drilling the damn holes ..

I'm going to run a few different runs with this quilted shit and make a tek if it's worth it with the best fold variation.. so far I like it cause you do t have to roll and guess the tightness


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25947451 -

I do use un-modded tubs on the shelves that I have. shelves aren't cheap either tho. If they stacked better everything I do would probably be un-modded.  much easier to clean and you still have a perfectly good tote to use for other things when your not using it to grow. 

I have stacked tubs pretty high and noticed the ones on the bottom went much slower.  with consistent temp I always figured it was from less GE by having the lid smooshed down? (I don't have gaskets on my tub lids)


--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: TedsDead]
    #25947455 -

I just noticed more side pins on the lower runs.. I dont know if I really paid attention to the speed of them or it's been awhile since I have ..


Yeah those cheap shelves I got at home depot were like 90$ each which turned into 2 tables with 2 shelves each .. I get 15 66qt tubs per table ..


You guys notice the 66qt tubs are smaller in a sense ?? I bought 10 more and they are shorter length wise but taller .. fuckign stupid


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: Alchemycologist]
    #26270456 -

Alchemycologist said:
Why not just leave a little gap in the tape from the get go? Then it's even less work.



this would work great if I had  higher RH.  its what I do if im using a tub as an FC for bags or trays.  my shotgun FC worked great the last Place I lived but dries out here.


--------------------
weed gets you through times of no money better than money gets you through times of no weed...  -the fabulous furry freak bros
If you can buy it, you can burn it!



https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25947396#25947396

Edited by TedsDead (11/06/19 08:43 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: TedsDead]
    #26341160 -

Cool. Agreed on the fuck duct tape. I’ve never used tape over holes for colonization. That is and always will be an unnecessary  step. I like this it’s an interesting way of doing it and making it work.


--------------------
EAT GETS SHIT DONE


:flame::chief:JOIN THE POW WOW:chief::flame:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ted's Tape Tek for Tubs (birthing/no poly) [Re: Boogieman47]
    #26341214 -

Boogieman47 said:
I just noticed more side pins on the lower runs.. I dont know if I really paid attention to the speed of them or it's been awhile since I have ..


Yeah those cheap shelves I got at home depot were like 90$ each which turned into 2 tables with 2 shelves each .. I get 15 66qt tubs per table ..


You guys notice the 66qt tubs are smaller in a sense ?? I bought 10 more and they are shorter length wise but taller .. fuckign stupid



They have 2 different sizes, both 66qt, but one is short height and longer and the other
is tall and shorter length.

I bought some of the smaller ones before I started buying the white lid 58qt
tubs in bulk. Buy them 20+ at a time and they're like a tad less than 5 bucks a tub before taxes


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* New Tek is complete, What do you think?
( 1 2 3 all )
NewbieShroomer 26,083 47 05/15/23 07:15 PM
by johnukguy
* Tape on jars???? RedeyedElf 1,322 3 03/03/02 10:51 AM
by GaNjAShRooM
* question about chronic tek and room temp megaman3 2,584 5 10/17/02 07:12 PM
by dog
* Marx2K's Tek. Let me know what you guys think.. ( marx2k 5,856 8 06/12/11 03:32 PM
by scatmanrav
* I need help with poop. Myco-420 12,239 11 09/09/20 10:30 AM
by Capefearjay
* Is this healthy? Current concerns. PF Tek Jars frenzylock 5,284 17 05/06/21 05:44 PM
by Ashtray161
* Glad Tek Questions Kttail 1,976 18 09/17/03 12:53 PM
by bobbycraig
* Tub Teks..jiffy,verm? tedbundyjr 1,439 3 07/15/01 04:26 PM
by 40oz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
3,573 topic views. 7 members, 45 guests and 152 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.037 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.