Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis * 1
    #275188 - 03/20/01 04:53 PM (23 years, 1 month ago)

Hallucinogenic "trips" are usually considered "hallucinatory psychosis".

Yes, you can have a psychotic episode from pslicybe mushrooms. Sometimes these episodes can last upto 24 hours.

The rate of this occuring on LSD, I think, is something like 1 in 5000 users.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMrTechnoShaman
addict
Loc: Canada
Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: Kid]
    #275842 - 03/21/01 05:31 AM (23 years, 1 month ago)

I agree that is it hard to get out of control on LSD, but with mushrooms, specially if used often, it can cause breif 'sessions' of chaos, where you sort of go in hell as far as I know it. It doesn't last very long for me and I feel different afterwards.

--------------------
---
Dream what you live and live what you dream

OfflineFibeR OptiC 420
addict

Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: MrTechnoShaman]
    #279753 - 03/27/01 01:32 AM (23 years, 26 days ago)

I noticed that its easyier for me to "feel like I'm goin crazy" than on acid... shrooms are just crazier and effect me more than acid.

--------------------
" Is our children learning? " - George W. Bush

InvisibleKid
Carpal Tunnel
    #279874 - 03/27/01 08:19 AM (23 years, 26 days ago)

I have more experience with LSD than mushrooms, so I'm uncertain about the "control" issue. I think a big part of this is that most of us posters have access to high quality mushrooms (and excellent amounts of doses, too :-), whereas getting a heavy LSD trip, even at $4 a hit can still cost you $20 (even more). I once had an LSD trip with full blown hallucinations. Never did I loose control and do something absolutely insane, but I was definately not in touch with reality (my thoughts were delusional, to the point of nearly becoming psychotic). With mushrooms I've not hit that level yet, so I'm uncertain. IMO, psylocybe mushrooms and LSD are remarkably similar in effect and experience, and the mental "psychosis" on experiences is almost completely the same, except on mushrooms I feel less sense of thematic continuity (on LSD my trips seem to be like a long story unfolding infront of my senses, on mushrooms I just become a bundle of changing sensory perceptions). I think the rates for psychotic episodes from LSD and mushrooms would be remarkably similar (hence my posting the data)...but like I said, I don't have quite enough personal experience to make that judgement.

Quite frankly, I'd imagine it just as easy to loose control on LSD than as on mushrooms. Both are psychedelic drugs.

OfflineMethylodic
Master Fabricator
Male User Gallery

Loc: NorthLeft Coast! Flag
    #12947012 - 07/24/10 06:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

MrTechnoShaman said:
I agree that is it hard to get out of control on LSD, but with mushrooms, specially if used often, it can cause breif 'sessions' of chaos, where you sort of go in hell as far as I know it. It doesn't last very long for me and I feel different afterwards.<br><br>

Been there... Its is exactly what you said... HELL..

--------------------
"You think you're smart huh? Think you can come up here and take a piece of this? Huh? Any of you? You? You? Listen, Harvard. I'm a billionaire. And most of you are gonna graduate, and move back in with your parents! I'm gonna tell you somethin', though. We have something in common: we're all gonna die. No matter whatcha' do, no matter whatcha' do with your lives, you're dead! You're dead! You're dying. You're gonna die, all of you, dead. You, dead. You, dead, all of you. You, lady? Your tits will be eaten by maggots, in just a few short years. So here's my message, my message to you, a very simple message: Go forth. Go forth, and DIIIIIE!"

As Said By NATHAN EXPLOSION...

OfflineMushr00m_Man
ganja lover!!

Loc: The end of the road
    #12947117 - 07/24/10 07:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kid said:
<br>
<br>Yes, you can have a psychotic episode from pslicybe mushrooms.  Sometimes these episodes can last upto 24 hours.
<br>
<br>The rate of this occuring on LSD, I think, is something like 1 in 5000 users.<br><br>

your numbers dont sound correct at all. i personally know atleast 10 people who perma fried so to speak and are in a permanent state of psychosis all induced from lsd and mushrooms. i dont even know that many trippers and yet i know a handfull of people with hppd. it isnt safe to do psychedelics for everyone.

--------------------
SMOKE MARIJUANA

Offlinecurenado
73rd Man
Male User Gallery

Loc: North Central Arkansas
Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: Mushr00m_Man]
    #12947131 - 07/24/10 07:25 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

......Or do them like smoking pot, drinking or even opiates. Overuse is a big factor in the number of HPPD cases.

--------------------
Yours in the Natural State Land of Enchantment!
"The woods are lovely, dark and deep; but I have patches to keep, and jars to sterilize before I sleep...."

Offlinesilosighbin
this is the apocalypse
Male

Loc: isla vista baby!
    #12947187 - 07/24/10 07:42 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kid said:
Yes, you can have a psychotic episode from pslicybe mushrooms.  Sometimes these episodes can last upto 24 hours.
The rate of this occuring on LSD, I think, is something like 1 in 5000 users.

That's called having a "mental breakdown" with the drug being a catalyst to the brain, not a source of psychosis. Underlying sober psychosis fucks these people, the psychedelic experience normally is nothing like psychosis... trust me, i've been in both situations haha. besides, psychedelics (especially LSD) were tested for their psychotomimetic (psychotic-like) properties but were found to not be similar enough to the schizophrenic experience to be of useful value in psychiatrists trying to understand their patients.

--------------------

i am caustic

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: silosighbin]
    #12947252 - 07/24/10 07:54 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

THIS THREAD IS NINE YEARAS OLD :omgz:

And lol at mushrooms and psychosis. Just because you see pretty colors doesn't mean you're having a "psychotic episode". I've never heard of anyone who has legitimately tripped for days off a single dose of something. (Except for like DOB overdose, 2ce-5eto, datura, etc.)

Edited by nooneman (07/24/10 08:03 PM)

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: nooneman]
    #12947325 - 07/24/10 08:11 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

people aren't talking about tripping for days, they are talking about psychosis.

you haven't read enough posts here if you don't think these drugs can trigger psychosis or psychotic episodes.

Invisiblenooneman
Male

Loc: Utah
Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: Freedom]
    #12947376 - 07/24/10 08:19 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Freedom said:
people aren't talking about tripping for days, they are talking about psychosis.

you haven't read enough posts here if you don't think these drugs can trigger psychosis or psychotic episodes.

They can trigger it for people who are predisposed to schizophrenia. That's about it, for everyone else, the effects wear off in a normal time range, even for heroic doses. Some people even debate that HPPD doesn't even exist, and I tend to agree with them. Freaking out during the trip is not the same as having a psychotic break.

I've read enough posts to know that most of this talk about psychotic breaks (especially with mushrooms) is bullshit, unless you're talking about someone predisposed to schizophrenia specifically. Now, if you're talking about someone on a month long binge, then sure, maybe some damage can be done, but I'm talking about a single dose.

OfflineOTTpecub
EagerToLearn

#12951099 - 07/25/10 03:49 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
Quote:

Freedom said:

They can trigger it for people who are predisposed to schizophrenia. That's about it, for everyone else, the effects wear off in a normal time range, even for heroic doses. Some people even debate that HPPD doesn't even exist, and I tend to agree with them. Freaking out during the trip is not the same as having a psychotic break.

I've read enough posts to know that most of this talk about psychotic breaks (especially with mushrooms) is bullshit, unless you're talking about someone predisposed to schizophrenia specifically. Now, if you're talking about someone on a month long binge, then sure, maybe some damage can be done, but I'm talking about a single dose.

Quote:

nooneman said:
Quote:

Freedom said:

Couldn't agree more

--------------------
“The world is a tragedy to those who feel, but a comedy to those who think.” -Horace Walpole

OfflineFreedom
Pigment of your imagination
Male User Gallery

#12951189 - 07/25/10 04:07 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
Quote:

Freedom said:

I know people who had psychotic breaks in the 60's from LSD who are now healthy people without mental disorders. There are plenty of people on the shroomery who had psychedelic triggered psychosis who have not gone on to develop schizophrenia.

This is something that has not been studied, we only have the random stories that we've heard through the grape vine to inform us about what is going on. I think your certainty about this is more a product of your desire for these things to be safe than from a rational analysis of the situation.

The thing is we don't have very good psychological or neurological explanations for psychosis or for the action of psychedelic drugs, so how can anyone have a complete and conclusive explanation for the link between them?

OfflineNeurotech
Stranger

#27211136 - 02/17/21 12:29 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

nooneman said:
Quote:

Freedom said:

I beg to differ. Generally true, but irresponsible chronic use can lead to the same in people who otherwise have no predisposition to psychosis. Someone I know well - really well - tripped a lot in high school and then continued in college. He had a most amazing high dose experience second semester, with verifiable telepathy and more, but also developed a delusion about the world ending imminently and everyone knew it. He was under some stress as his father was dying and he was away from home.  The full force of the delusion did wear off when he came down, but elements of it and the doubt persisted for several months. He did not trip for a few months and has refrained from irresponsibly tripping several times a week that involved higher and higher doses to work. He did trip the next year and thereafeter with no problems. Its been 40 years since then. Note also, that he received much benefit from other aspects of that trip.

Offlineherbie
Lysergic traveller
Male User Gallery

Loc: North uk Flag
Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: Neurotech]
    #27211212 - 02/17/21 01:00 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Wow 19 year old thread! Hats off to you for replying man, but I doubt you'll get a response.

Think this is the oldest necropost I've seen, someone get this dude some sort of award.

--------------------
Cig knit your

Invisibletyrannicalrex
Strange R
Male User Gallery

Loc: subtropics
Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: herbie]
    #27211246 - 02/17/21 01:19 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Still relevant topic.:grin:

--------------------

Offlineherbie
Lysergic traveller
Male User Gallery

Loc: North uk Flag
Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #27211338 - 02/17/21 02:12 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Oh it most definitely is... especially in current times on this particular forum.

I'm just massively impressed at the age of this thread! I even rated neurotech +5 for the epic resurrection. There was no sarcasm intended, I genuinely believe he deserves some sort of award.

--------------------
Cig knit your

Offlinequillip
Spiritual Void

Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: herbie]
    #27212272 - 02/18/21 12:51 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

I relatively recently had a pretty serious and public-facing freakout on 7g of shrooms, which I'd say felt like the closest one could get to a psychotic break without it persisting into day-to-day life afterwards, and was certainly far beyond total delirium in the moment. Lucky to come out of that one unscathed by my actions, and certainly knocked a bit of sense into how I set myself up for trips...

--------------------
------------------------------

smash that default network yo (but do it carefully)

InvisiblefeeversM
Male

Loc: Flag
Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: quillip]
    #27213395 - 02/18/21 04:11 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

quillip said:
I relatively recently had a pretty serious and public-facing freakout on 7g of shrooms, which I'd say felt like the closest one could get to a psychotic break without it persisting into day-to-day life afterwards, and was certainly far beyond total delirium in the moment. Lucky to come out of that one unscathed by my actions, and certainly knocked a bit of sense into how I set myself up for trips...

How’d you feel on the comedown and afterwards?

Offlinequillip
Spiritual Void

Re: Psilocybe Mushrooms and psychosis [Re: feevers]
    #27214680 - 02/19/21 10:57 AM (3 years, 1 month ago)

As one might feel in the ER in this situation, embarassed and disappointed in myself for wasting healthcare resources in a pandemic. Paranoid about potential consequences as well. Couldn't sleep properly for about a week and a half afterwards due to nightmares as well.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom