Home | Community | Message Board

Myco Supply
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

Bad week, just need to vent
    #2743531 - 05/29/04 04:07 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Week started off by one of my friends dieing of bacterial menigaitise (problably didnt spell it right) that he contracted in the carroll county jail while serveing time on a simple possesion charge. He had been complaining for several days about his neck and back and muscels bothering him and the police refused to get him medical help as the days went on his muscels shut down and he was unable to walk his last day alive he had to be carried by his 9 cell mates (not all at once they took turns) to the toloiet and back every time he needed to use the bathroom. And monday the last day he was alive they moved him to a singel cell to confine him and they found him dead on his cell floor 2 hours later. I heard from his sister that was in jail at the time say she head that the guards had said well thats one less sob the tax payers have to pay for.

At his funeral it was horrid his mother's cries just tore me apart and im pretty good at hideing my feelings. But i just couldn't stand it she's really tore up and she has every right to be and it got those feeling I was trying to maintaine pulled right out of me. Prolly the first time iv cried at a funeral since my great grandma died when I was 7.

Im so mad at the carroll county jail for letting him die like that over a fucking simple possesion charge its fucking bullshit. How can people be so incompacient to so one who suffer as he did.

Edited by Protester (05/29/04 01:11 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Bad week, just need to vent [Re: Protester]
    #2743573 - 05/29/04 05:13 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That is bullshit.

My condolences :heart:.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man

Loc: Earthfarm 1
    #2743609 - 05/29/04 06:09 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

My condolences as well. :frown:
That guys family should sue the living pigsnot out of "Carrol County"! :mad2:

InvisibleLocus
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ny/europe/other
Re: Bad week, just need to vent [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2743700 - 05/29/04 08:26 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

That's horrible man. Bunch of fucking idiots working there. :mad2: Very sorry to hear that :frown:

--------------------

The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existing. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery every day. Never lose a holy curiosity. ~ Albert Einstein
"Fear is the great barrier to human growth." ~ Dr. Robert Monroe

~~~*Dosis sola facit venenum*~~~

*Check my profile to listen to my music* :smile:

Invisiblebert
bodhi

Loc: state
    #2743749 - 05/29/04 09:56 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

You're friends' mom ought to sue. And then use the millions of dollars she will inevitably win to start a foundation in his name to fight for human rights in US prisons. Just a thought.

--------------------
Persons denying the existence of robots may be robots themselves.

OfflineProtester
Stoner ReekingHavok

Re: Bad week, just need to vent [Re: bert]
    #2744010 - 05/29/04 12:28 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

She is sueing them. But that milli ons of dollars will never make up for an injusctice such as that.

--------------------
I work my shitty 9-5 and I pay my taxes, I'm not hurting anybody else. So why do you care what i do in my spare time.

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#2746365 - 05/30/04 12:48 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

The suit may not make up for the loss of your friend, it probabably doesn't even come close to offering you or his mother any sort of "justice" in that regard, however it is a chance to create something positive out of such a horrible situation.

It will force the issue of domestic prisoner and criminal abuse to become more puplic in your area. It will cost the government time and resources to pay attention to this matter. The crime your fiend committed is unimportant at this point (although it does make a statement about the current state of the war on drugs). Know that through this suit your friends mom has the opporunity to hold someone accountable for the possibly criminal mistreatment of your friend (and as a result his death). Once that accountability has been held, whether through criminal liability or the resignation and political or career ruination of whomever was "in charge," it may offer some sort of justice for what has been done.

Has this story received and sort of media attention in your area? If not I would be 100% engaged in writing letters and calling reporters, editors, and producers of all the local and state media in your area.

Offlinebaraka
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ohio
    #2747714 - 05/30/04 09:38 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I hope someone is suing? If not talk to a lawyer please. Thats fing terrible.... my condolences.

--------------------
This is the only time I really feel alive.

OfflineTinTree
thread killer(semi pro)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mu
    #2747830 - 05/30/04 10:15 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I am so sorry.

Bert's idea is excellent... put some of that money to use to prevent such suffering from occurring again.

Peace.

--------------------
"I'm afraid of losing my obscurity. Genuineness only thrives in the dark. Like celery."
- Aldous Huxley

Anonymous #1

#2752051 - 06/01/04 04:16 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'm so sorry to hear that man, good luck to you and best wishes to your friend's family

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being