Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon 5-HTP, Herb Grinder, Pink Floyd

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineDgrepo
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Bad Trips
    #2148780 - 12/01/03 10:04 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I would consider myself a somewhat experienced shroomer. i have probably dosed maybe 50 times in the last two years. now that i look back this number seems high to me. nonethelss...out of all those times i have dosed i have only gotten definate visuals was maybe three or four times. if i see anything on the other occasions it would be so minor its not even worth the time. only my peripheal vision would be distorted faintly.

i do find myself instead of being caught up in a visual trip, my mind gets stuck on two subjects; spirituality, and politics. this is driving me CRAZY! Im not getting any funny thoughts or visuals, and i have dosed from small portions (~1g) to large portions (5g) of Gulf Coast strains and Golden Teachers. and intermediate doses in between. I plan on dosing with B+, PR, EQ, and Aussies in the next few months and i want it to be a good experience.

I have taken 5HTP daily for the last month and a half, and i have tripped three times and i only noticed it help the first time i tripped after taking it for a week. I have tried setting my environment by getting a long playlist together of my favorite music so i dont have to mess with the music, plenty of beer, some ganja, friends occasionally, and stuff like that. but it doesnt seem to work out.

i am tired of dwelling on politics (my government makes me terribly angry) and spirituality (this story is too long to begin here). not only am i tired of this brainstorming, im sure my trip buddies are tired of hearing the subjects too. I guess these subjects are very sensitive ideas in my normal life and it is showing through when i dose.

my question now is, have i built up a tolerance to shrooms, or is my body not making the right chemicals in my brain to get visuals like i want? if the answer to those two questions is no, then how do i divert my focus while tripping to stay away from the subjects i so hate? i understand that i may not get visuals everytime, but i at least want to avoid focusing on politics and spirituality. does anyone else think maybe that certain strains give spiritual trips, where as other strains are more visual? does this make any sense to anyone?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: Bad Trips [Re: Dgrepo]
    #2148816 - 12/01/03 10:23 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

First, you want to space your trips out. I usually do two weeks between trips (when I have shrooms) but usually I'll trip only once a month or even longer.

Having other trippers who you feel close to helps tremendously. I like talking about politics and morals and such with them. We all come out of our trips enlightened and more appreciative of the things we have. Set and setting and your mood make a big impact on your trip, don't trip if you're constantly thinking of something or aren't mentally stable to handle it.

Being an experienced tripper, I've had quite a few "bad" trips. But I've always learned something from these expereinces. Things about myself mostly. Just remember: it will end.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

OfflineDgrepo
Stranger

Loc: Texas
Re: Bad Trips [Re: soochi]
    #2148881 - 12/01/03 11:04 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

exactly Soochi! i have had as many bad trips as good. and i dont consider the "bad" trips bad either really. its just not the bag of fun i am actually looking for. I have laughed so hard i thought i would suffocate, and that feeling is unmatched.

just two years ago i was introduced to cultivated shrooms, and they are far more powerful that what i found in the fields.

even with all the bad trips i have had, just as you said, they have been extremely introspecitve and enlightening and just as frightening. i have learned something from every trip.

reluctantly, i agree that i am dosing too often, i always wait at least a week, but for some reason, i have a inner desire to eat more and more shrooms! just because of the enlightenment i get. the spiritual awakenings i have had are unbelievable. but...the negative feelings of loneliness and despair that i have endured recently (for the last 5 trips), are getting old, and im wanting to make it happier.

one of the most intense trips i have ever had (without any visuals) came on 2g of Golden Teachers while i watched The Wall by Pink Floyd. Unfortunately i was 24 years old before i ever saw this movie, and i felt so connected with Pink while i watched it. The series of images from the war, and every issue that gets addressed in that movie i felt that i was right in the middle of it all. I eve told my buddy that every event in the last month of my life had led me to see that movie that night. It was incredible, I cried tears of joy and sorrow, from pain and happiness. and some images brough on both of those feelings simultaneously. I had deja 'vu by the middle of the movie, i had thought that i dreamed about the kids marching off the cliff into the meat grinder before, but it was jsut me, the movie is so dam long that my friend helped me remember that they show that scene two times in the movie. Awesome trip, despite the hard emotions i felt that night. every possible emotion passed through my being. Unbelievable!

my last trip (saturday night Nov 29) was spent alone. I dropped 3g of Gulf Coast, with .5g of Golden Teacher around 7:30pm. By 9pm i was feeling such despair over my love life and my career that i had to eat a 10mg valium, and yet it did nothing for me. i was drinking beer the whole time (9 beers total) and i even shot some tequilla (~5 shots all night). none of this could settle my mind and i had already spent all day trying to find some smoke and i didnt score that until i had been tripping for 3.5 hours (11:30pm). i was a nervous wreck. it was funny how nervous and anxious the shrooms made me, and i knew it was them. i turned my house upside down during that 3 hour period. the couch was upside down, the coffee table too, with 10 dvd movies under it, among other things...i kicked a hole in my wall, and i had to leave before i tore anything else up. i didnt want to spend anymore money having to repair my place. hahaha. it was fun, but i think it went the way it did because i didnt have any smoke right away and i was alone.

i just want to be able to recreate my good experiences, but that may not be so possible with fungus. i know they can take you anywhere. I have heard trips reports from one of my friends and his were always good, and then this last trip he had (same night as mine) he called me sunday and told me that he talked to jesus and the holy spirit. I was astonished because i had no clue this guy even knew anything about that subject. yet he described mushrooms as a spiritual portal into a higher plane that we arent normally connected to. I agreed with him over and over again, because i have fallen through that portal every time i eat them. i was raised in church 3-4 times a week, and sometime between 17-21 i decided that there was too much bullshit in the church for me to agree with them anymore. so i left religion behind and decided to pursue my spirituality on my own. and honestly i have grown and learned more in the last 5 years of seeking a higher power on my own.

thanks for the quick reply soochi!

peace,
dgepo

Offlineeve69
--=..Did Adam and ...?=--
Male User Gallery

Loc: isle de la muerte Flag
    #2149089 - 12/01/03 12:30 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

You know, not everyone can run either. I alwasy got shin splints due to the type of body I have. So also, not everyone can just make leaps of faith during trips. For myself also they're mostly rational headtrips without much visuals. It's not a bad thing to be very grounded in reality. Some of these other people also will completely freak out and have breaks with reality at some point too. Reality is very simple. It's already here. Sounds like you really should be pursuing the more traditional paths of enlightenment. Drugs, after all is said and done, are just temporary.

--------------------
...or something

OfflineMorbidHamster
Total Head Fook
Loc: Un-United Kingdom
    #2155576 - 12/03/03 04:34 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Dgrepo said:
one of the most intense trips i have ever had (without any visuals) came on 2g of Golden Teachers while i watched The Wall by Pink Floyd. Unfortunately i was 24 years old before i ever saw this movie, and i felt so connected with Pink while i watched it.

I felt exactly the same when i watched that film earlier in the year. Except i wasnt on anything at the time. Watching that film was like watching my life (well some not all of it) especially building the wall around myself. It really has made me take a massive look at my life.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon 5-HTP, Herb Grinder, Pink Floyd

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being