Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinemr_shroomz
Stranger
any idea what these are?? (melbourne)
    #2740323 - 05/28/04 02:16 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I found these down at my local park, wondering if anyone has any idea what they are. I had a look in the archives but this is all very new to me and i am not sure what to look for...

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: any idea what these are?? (melbourne) [Re: mr_shroomz]
    #2740442 - 05/28/04 03:50 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

I have no idea what those are but they sure aren't active.
view the melbourne threads here and familiarise yourself with the apperance of 'SUBS' then go hunting,post pics of any you find that you think are subs here before eating anything.

PS.with the rains we have had the Subs are everywhere,search any woodchip beds you can find.
If you look you will find.
If the stem bruises blue take them home and post a pic so we can help give you a correct ID,there are alot of lookalikes around that will make you quite sick so dont eat anything untill you have got confirmation from the seasoned hunters here.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinesuboriginal
enthusiast

#2740567 - 05/28/04 06:28 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

Well said Mr Hanky... Mr shroomz, also check out the sticky thread for the info you should supply along with the pics you post... the admins get a bit bored of peeps who just post a picture and ask 'what's this...?', because usually more info' is required to get an accurate ID.

--------------------
Peace, love and organic brown rice...

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: any idea what these are?? (melbourne) [Re: suboriginal]
    #2740596 - 05/28/04 06:57 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

If you post for an ID in one of these threads it will be answered by an aussie.....the seppos dont know much about subs.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2741335 - 05/28/04 11:39 AM (19 years, 9 months ago)

First off, for accurate IDs you need to follow the instructions in the sticky thread at the top of the forum.

Your photos are well done, and show enough information to get us to genus. Specifically, note what appear to be threads (stained dark with spores) forming a ring zone near the top of the stem.

Those are from the genus Cortinarius. Cortinarius is the largest genus, currently listed with about 1000 known species. Unfortunately, it is also one of the very most difficult genera to identify species in. A lot of the species look very similar to each other. There are also no really definitive keys on the genus published. None of them are active, several are poisonous (including a few deadly species), none of them are considered good edibles. Mushrooms that have rusty brown spore prints should be avoided for eating purposes (for whatever reason you might have for eating them).

Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates