Home | Community | Message Board

Phytoextractum
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: Newbie Q: Spore Prints...
    #26913 - 08/03/00 12:37 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I assumed he was a newbie and probably doesn't want to go the agar route for now. I'm guessing he'd like a syringe.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Anonymous

#26914 - 08/03/00 09:01 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Hi

Go to http://www.mykoweb.com and under "mushroom articles" read "getting started with mushroom cultivation" that will answer your question.

Anonymous

#26915 - 08/03/00 11:31 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Sean, I don't think that's what he had in mind. Go to the grow/find section, pick and find the link for 'misc documents' there is some articles there, all a bit different.

What I did was sterilize a jar 1/2 full of distilled water with a hole on top.

using the oven tek when the water was cool, i scraped 1/2 the spores off of a print and dumped them into the water, and sealed it quickly. Then I drew a syringe. It worked. I used the syringe a day later (they need time to rehydrate).

Totally be as sterlile as possible as per SCGT (gloves, lysol, etc...)

Anonymous

#26916 - 08/03/00 11:55 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

dude what are you talking about that article is informative and it teaches about germinating spores on nutrified agar media.

Anonymous

#26918 - 08/03/00 02:00 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

he asked what to do with a spore print.

Anonymous

#26919 - 08/03/00 08:26 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

I don't hear of many people innoculating w/ a spore print. Is this still a valid way of innoculating jars or do you have to make a syringe? I read in a few teks that they described just scraping the spores directly off the print into the jars. Any thoughts?....

Offlinesnarf
enthusiast
    #26920 - 08/03/00 09:38 PM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Sean is right. If this guy is a newbie then telling him to make a syringe out of a sporeprint is equal to telling him to use the sporeprint on agar. He might as well get started with agar if he wants to use sporeprints. That way he has less chance of contaminating his jars when he does start growing. Using the tek drtung is talking about is great, but if any of the sporeprints the guy receives has even one contam on it, this guy is going to be screwed. I'd like to start with agar, it's way superior to syringes for growing different strains and species of shrooms. Maybe when I scrape some dough together or get a job, whichever comes first. :wink:

sykodelyk - scraping spores directly onto jars of substrate won't work. They need to be rehydrated and your chance of contamination is pretty high. Either make a syringe and take your chances or grow the spores out on agar plates first.

------------------
-snarf

OfflinepsilocyberV
old hand

#26921 - 08/04/00 10:46 AM (17 years, 1 month ago)

Post deleted by administrator.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation