Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Todays Field Trip: Myakka City, Florida
    #2687871 - 05/16/04 05:28 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Hello shroomers,

Today we took a cruise towards the middle of no-where, and we found it, and ended up in Myakka City, at my most favorite park in the whole state.. ah it was nice, and managed to have a safe time without any myakkan red-necks driving over us with their 4X4 pick-up trucks..

The park is wonderful, it's covered with hundreds if not thousands of Live Oak trees, and good lush grass and nice dark healthy soil. I had been to this park a few times before, and normally (during the height of mushroom season) it is covered with many-many great mushrooms..
-First i found a few emptied perscription bottles of Percocet, left there on the ground and smashed by the beer guzzling red-neck Myakkian people who drive 4X4's in a frightening manner as they pop Percocets until the bottles are empty and then throw their Percocet bottles out the windows of their big noisy rusty 4-by-4's and drive around tearing up the nice grass and get drunk and drive carelessly until they smash into Live Oak trees and, whatnot.

Anyways, on with everything else, we found maybe 8 different mushrooms and here are a few of them i've identified and taken photographs of to share. Nothing of much interest, but it's fun to ID them.

Lactarius chrysorheus (poisonous)
-This mushroom exudes a white milk that quickly changes to a yellow color. They taste distinctly peppery and acrid. They are poisonous.

Crepidotus putrigenus (inedible)
-These mushrooms were found growing in a cluster on a small decaying Live Oak tree-stump. It smells "putrid", and is inedible.. at first glance i thought they might be a type of Oyster mushroom until i looked through my identification manual.

Russula sanguinea (inedible)
-Wicked looking mushrooms!. Just look at those things. Click to enlarge and see in more detail please.
-Found growing under Pine trees. It is easily distiguished from other Florida Russula's by its pinkish stipe.

We also found some Reishi (Ganoderma lucidum) mushrooms growing from a Live Oak stump, next to a 5" catapillar who was guarding the Reishi. And we also found a bunch of other red-capped Russula mushrooms..a

It rained today also; and the mushrooms are slowly but surely emerging.

Keep shroomin,
GG

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
Re: Todays Field Trip: Myakka City, Florida [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2688126 - 05/16/04 06:35 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

nice pics ggreatone.. that russula sanguinea is very
interesting to look at... It looks as though it may bite you...

thanks for sharing.... happy hunting Nofindumm.....

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: Todays Field Trip: Myakka City, Florida [Re: nofind_um]
    #2690989 - 05/17/04 11:40 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I?d like to hear a second opinion on these ones, i think they might be Oysters, the spore prints were White;

Thanks

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom