Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleSwami
Eggshell Walker

Loc: In the hen house
99.9% of US soldiers innocent of abuse
    #2654876 - 05/08/04 11:09 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

How a republican can come up with this number is beyond me, but it is as disingenuous in it's application as in its fabrication, seeing as how 99.9% of US Soldiers in Iraq are NOT in charge of prisoners, so the statistic is meaningless.

What would be a more realistic statistic is the percentage of those soldiers in charge of prisoners who participated in abuse. The answer may lie much closer to 10% than to the claimed 0.1 %; only off by a factor of a hundred, which for a politician is actually close to the truth.  :rolleyes:

--------------------

The proof is in the pudding.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblewhiterasta
Day careobserver
 User Gallery
Loc: Oregon
Re: 99.9% of US soldiers innocent of abuse [Re: Swami]
    #2654919 - 05/08/04 11:21 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Er..Uh...perhaps it was meant to read "self abuse" for the worth of the  .1% figure :whatever:Wonder what the figures are for domestic prison guards? I would double or triple that just due to the circumstances for a more accurate best guess than thin air bullshit pulled from a spin doctors ass.
I am glad to see you've got the Swami mojo working on this whole waste of kids we got going. especially that you also have noticed the culture of anger we have seemed to have adopted which is fueling Geedubs ride and the bullshit in Iraq
WR

--------------------
To old for this place

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
    #2658405 - 05/09/04 10:33 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

Swami said:
How a republican can come up with this number is beyond me, but it is as disingenuous in it's application as in its fabrication, seeing as how 99.9% of US Soldiers in Iraq are NOT in charge of prisoners, so the statistic is meaningless.

What would be a more realistic statistic is the percentage of those soldiers in charge of prisoners who participated in abuse. The answer may lie much closer to 10% than to the claimed 0.1 %; only off by a factor of a hundred, which for a politician is actually close to the truth.  :rolleyes:

99.9% of UK soldiers innocent of heterosexuality

How a kling-on can come up with this number is beyond me, but it is as disingenuous in it's application as in its fabrication, seeing as how 99.9% of UK Soldiers in Iraq are NOT in charge of women, so the statistic is meaningless.

What would be a more realistic statistic is the percentage of those soldiers in charge of women who participated in sexual acts. The answer may lie much closer to 10% than to the claimed 0.1 %; only off by a factor of a hundred, which for a politician is actually close to the truth.  :rolleyes:

Funny, my post had almost as much meaning at yours. It is ironic how your post is about a righty giving out a statistic with no context or background which makes it meaningless which is similar to this thread.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

Offlineshroominsmurf
enthusiast
Loc: Where The Good Times Are
    #2658469 - 05/10/04 12:51 AM (12 years, 11 months ago)

the fact that the united state soldies are abuseing iraqi's, takes away from the moral ground of the united states "moral" policy of entering iraq this means that other than economic gaing we literally have not motive or reason for invading their country

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: 99.9% of US soldiers innocent of abuse [Re: shroominsmurf]
    #2659860 - 05/10/04 04:49 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Those gaurds came straight from American prisons. When we don't even do anything about prison abuse in america do you expect it to be any better in iraqi? It was a bad decision from the start. And by the start i mean the first prison in American. It is just a bad system.

--------------------

bang bang

OfflineDivided_Sky
Ten ThousandThings

Loc: The Shining Void
Re: 99.9% of US soldiers innocent of abuse [Re: d33p]
    #2659903 - 05/10/04 05:04 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

I don't think that number is a serious statistic, or was meant to be viewed as such. I think it is just a way of stating that the abuse is not representative to most of US troops.

--------------------
1. "After an hour I wasn't feeling anything so I decided to take another..."
2. "We were feeling pretty good so we decided to smoke a few bowls..."
3. "I had to be real quiet because my parents were asleep upstairs..."

Offlinephi1618
old hand

Re: 99.9% of US soldiers innocent of abuse [Re: d33p]
    #2659931 - 05/10/04 05:13 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Of the six people now under court martial in Iraq and the one who returned to the US, only two had ever been prison guards.

Staff sergant Frederick, the most senior soldier being court martialed now, claims that the treatment of Iraqi prisoners was encouraged by military intelitence, who wanted the prisoners softened up by the guards before questioning.
There is additional evidence to back up his assertion.

From the New Yorker, this month:
"Last fall, General Sanchez ordered Ryder to review the prison system in Iraq and recommend ways to improve it. Ryder?s report, filed on November 5th, concluded that there were potential human-rights, training, and manpower issues, system-wide, that needed immediate attention. It also discussed serious concerns about the tension between the missions of the military police assigned to guard the prisoners and the intelligence teams who wanted to interrogate them. Army regulations limit intelligence activity by the M.P.s to passive collection. But something had gone wrong at Abu Ghraib."
http://www.newyorker.com/fact/content/?040510fa_fact

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Re: 99.9% of US soldiers innocent of abuse [Re: phi1618]
    #2659950 - 05/10/04 05:17 PM (12 years, 11 months ago)

Oh i thought it was more. Maybe only the ones caught so far were mostly non prison guards. Personally i don't care about the situation. I believe in the effectiveness of torture and think it should be used secretively.

--------------------

bang bang

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion