Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
What kind of reishi is this?
    #26072524 -



I ended up not taking any specimen, what are these?

I’m I wrong in taking these?  My father has prostate cancer and I wanted to get them and dehydrate them for him.  It looks like this one someone cut some off and another video I didn’t upload there was another tool mark cut.


I really want to go back and harvest but wanted to hear what some elders have to say. 

I don’t know which Ganoderma species it is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganoderma_tsugae


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingzhi_mushroom


--------------------
I like rain

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!

Edited by King0fthajuice (06/25/19 09:51 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: King0fthajuice]
    #26072698 -




This guy "Know your land" is dope as hell


--------------------
I like rain

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: King0fthajuice]
    #26079205 -




Bump


--------------------
I like rain

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: King0fthajuice]
    #26080642 -

Anyone can confirm this is a reishi?


--------------------
I like rain

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? *DELETED* [Re: King0fthajuice]
    #26080761 -

Post deleted by stevo

Reason for deletion: .

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: stevo]
    #26081523 -

do you have any experince with those or can link anyone here that might know something?


--------------------
I like rain

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: King0fthajuice]
    #26081539 -

They can be grinded down to a powder and put into capsules and consumed or they can be extracted using water or alcohol...with water you will need to simmer them for two hours to extract the goodies they hold inside them...or you can extract it using alchohol which is the only way to pull out the nutrients that play as a anti inflammatory do a google search on their medicinal benefits and how to achieve them...will say this they are really really bitter so it's hard for some to drink a liquid extract but the Chinese believe them to be the mushroom of immortality due to their medicinal benefits


--------------------

Edited by HAKR ELITE (06/29/19 08:44 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: HAKR ELITE]
    #26081552 -

Reishi hasn't been documented as a treatment for cancer but it does combat cancerous cells  and boost the immune system


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: HAKR ELITE]
    #26083107 -

I am thinking of taking my first plunge. Making a hot water bath and start with very small doses to acclimate.


--------------------
I like rain

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: King0fthajuice]
    #26083116 -

Lab trials say Ganoderma works, but clinical trials have been very few with no conclusive evidence that it works  but it looks promising.

Edit: I'm in the process of collecting various local Ganoderma species for my pharmacist friend. His son recently finished pharmacy school so he is running the pharmacy and my friend wants to study the medicinal properties of certain mushrooms. This is very promising and is being researched heavily by people around the world.


--------------------


Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Edited by Doc9151 (06/30/19 07:33 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: King0fthajuice]
    #26083953 -

I’m still nervous I’m contemplating not doing it now but I am going to do some more research.  I’m almost positive they are Ganoderma, just dont know which ones.

Does anyone have enough experience on here to tell me I’m not going to die? Or does anyone want to chime in saying I’d be dumb to do this. I know they say when I’m doubt throw it out.

I found a more antler fruit last year that had the clam looking top, in the same place just about a football field away.

Even so I have some liver problems and my immune system could use some help. And so I’ve been actively hunting for these.


--------------------
I like rain

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!

Edited by King0fthajuice (07/01/19 10:39 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: King0fthajuice]
    #26084242 -

If you would like some Reishi I'll send you some. They are just starting to pop here and I often collect way more than I know what to do with. It will be Ganoderma tsugae. I'll slice and dry it for you if you'd like. I can probably get some out to you by this next weekend, the 6th.


--------------------
I'd like to think I'm smart enough to realize how much knowledge I don't have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: Psychedelic Pupil]
    #26084440 -

I would look for fresher specimens, those are old, look for them with a white pore surface, especially around oak and pine trees, summer is the best time to find them and all Ganoderma can be used for medicine.


--------------------


Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: Doc9151]
    #26084560 -

Well that was easy. Went and checked one of my spots for you... A couple were just starting to spore but the rest were nice and fresh and white underneath :smile:

There were more starting further down the log. So Kingofthajuice... if you want some I'll have them dried and ready in a couple days.



--------------------
I'd like to think I'm smart enough to realize how much knowledge I don't have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: Psychedelic Pupil]
    #26084915 -

Psychedelic Pupil said:
Well that was easy. Went and checked one of my spots for you... A couple were just starting to spore but the rest were nice and fresh and white underneath :smile:

There were more starting further down the log. So Kingofthajuice... if you want some I'll have them dried and ready in a couple days.







Man you are making me tear up, I've been trying so hard to find these thank you!  You don't have to but if you would cut them that would be cool because then I could get a reference on how to do mine when I find my own!


--------------------
I like rain

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: King0fthajuice] * 1
    #26084951 -

I can yield some from my area as well they are fruiting heavily as we speak and grow everywhere around my area


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: King0fthajuice]
    #26085676 -

King0fthajuice said:
Man you are making me tear up, I've been trying so hard to find these thank you!  You don't have to but if you would cut them that would be cool because then I could get a reference on how to do mine when I find my own!



And responses like that are why I like doing nice things! You're very welcome!


--------------------
I'd like to think I'm smart enough to realize how much knowledge I don't have.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: King0fthajuice]
    #26085744 -

King0fthajuice said:


I ended up not taking any specimen, what are these?

I’m I wrong in taking these?  My father has prostate cancer and I wanted to get them and dehydrate them for him.  It looks like this one someone cut some off and another video I didn’t upload there was another tool mark cut.


I really want to go back and harvest but wanted to hear what some elders have to say. 

I don’t know which Ganoderma species it is.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ganoderma_tsugae


https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lingzhi_mushroom



Looks like Ganoderma zonatum based on the context in the first vid, try to verify the host stump.  It's common in Florida on palm.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: What kind of reishi is this? [Re: donjonson420]
    #26094977 -

Thanks man, I ended up getting them and I believe those to be the Ganorderma Applanatum (is that the same as the one you mentioned just called a different name?

I am actually brewing my first batch from reishi that a friend sent right now, I got my package from a friend and they smell so amazing!!!


--------------------
I like rain

Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right!

Edited by King0fthajuice (07/07/19 05:18 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* reishi ? need an ID RandomHero 1,828 7 07/11/07 09:13 PM
by canid
* Reishi Mushroom? Anansi 3,455 3 03/10/04 05:31 PM
by Anansi
* Reishi??? (New pic of possible oyster?)
( 1 2 3 all )
doc34 7,400 53 07/19/04 07:28 AM
by doc34
* Reishi I forgot I had Lich_king 2,589 16 08/09/07 10:33 PM
by Odum
* Todays Reishi Harvest.
( 1 2 all )
kadakuda 5,046 25 06/07/08 09:31 AM
by Jack Albertson
* Ganoderma ID, ok to make into tea??? Feelers 1,042 8 04/10/08 11:38 AM
by GGreatOne234
* Ganoderma tsugae........pics, can I clone this? anotherdirtywop 2,458 5 05/14/03 09:21 AM
by anotherdirtywop
* reishi or no reishi?? help ID please! waixingren 1,313 5 10/30/05 11:01 AM
by waixingren

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: ToxicMan, karode13, inski, Alan Rockefeller, Duggstar, TimmiT, Anglerfish, Tmethyl, Lucis, Doc9151, Land Trout
534 topic views. 0 members, 18 guests and 37 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.029 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 16 queries.