Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroomhunter222
Silo sigh bees
Question about temperature and wild pan/copelandia cyanescens
    #25882865 - 03/18/19 10:57 PM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Currently in northern Vietnam where last rainy season (hot and wet af) I found several nice fields full of panaeolus cyanescens. It’s nice and rainy this time of year as well, but the temperature is much lower (65-80 F with wind chill) so I’m wondering if it would be worth it to go check my spots. Any input would be much appreciated :smile:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: Question about temperature and wild pan/copelandia cyanescens [Re: shroomhunter222]
    #25882996 - 03/19/19 02:12 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Unless you up in the highlands I'd imagine it would be worth a look.

Are you under 1000 m elevation? Just look for spots that are protected from the wind and get a good amount of sun in the middle of the day. Would your latitude be 21 degrees N?

At 17.5 degrees S. 800 m elevation they could pop up any time of the year with enough rainfall.

Anyway even if there are none around you might find something even more interesting in the Psilocybe genus. So have a look I'd say.

Offlineespig91
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Question about temperature and wild pan/copelandia cyanescens [Re: shroomhunter222]
    #25883377 - 03/19/19 10:54 AM (5 years, 11 days ago)

Hey, I'm in North Vietnam too. It's raining a lot these days and I think that there will be some mushrooms in the right places. I've been trying to find mushrooms and good places with no success. Today, I finally found what I believe are two Panaeolus cyanescens. With luck, I can find some cubensis in these next days too. I think you should give it a try!

Edited by espig91 (03/19/19 11:06 AM)

Offlineespig91
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25889792 - 03/22/19 09:21 AM (5 years, 8 days ago)

I was very lucky today to find this beautiful Cubensis

OfflineHeyowana
Hex10 line2
 User Gallery

Re: Question about temperature and wild pan/copelandia cyanescens [Re: espig91]
    #25890586 - 03/22/19 04:14 PM (5 years, 8 days ago)

That's a good harvest. Thanks for sharing and I hope you find plenty more.

Offlineshroomhunter222
Silo sigh bees
    #25891130 - 03/22/19 10:24 PM (5 years, 7 days ago)

Update:  Found one small pan cyan yesterday. I’ll go out again after these next few days of rain! Happy hunting and thanks for your responses :smile:

--------------------

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #25892427 - 03/23/19 04:19 PM (5 years, 7 days ago)

It's always worth looking if it's been raining.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Offlineespig91
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Question about temperature and wild pan/copelandia cyanescens [Re: Doc9151]
    #25895559 - 03/25/19 09:47 AM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Today I went to another place and I could find just one specimen of P. Cubensis. I attempt to try to reproduce them in my house. I have taken the substrate beneath this specimen as spawn, taken old manure from the fields and bought hay. Do you guys think it is possible that it may work? What would be the best container?

Offlineespig91
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25895592 - 03/25/19 10:05 AM (5 years, 5 days ago)

Also referring to pan cyan, I've been finding some specimen of these mushroom, in fields with manure. As I don't have experience with this species, I am not sure if it is pan cyan.
I attach the pictures. Maybe you could help me identify this species. 

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #25895708 - 03/25/19 11:13 AM (5 years, 5 days ago)

You don't use the substrate as spawn, you can keep the dung whole and put it in a flower bed outside but to grow your own inside is a whole different adventure. You should should check out the mushroom cultivation forum here at shroomery, lots of great people and information about growing all types of mushrooms.

When you pick a fresh cubensis or cyanescens, take it home and cut the stem off as close to the gills as possible and place the cap gills down on a piece of aluminum foil or white paper and cover it with a cup, bowl, or something,  leave it alone for 6-8hrs. Pick up the cap carefully, a spore print should be left behind, it is the spores that you will use as "seed" to start growing your own.  Panaeolus cyanescens are a little more finicky than the cubensis but you can grow them pretty easily.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Edited by Doc9151 (03/25/19 11:16 AM)

Offlineespig91
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25903418 - 03/29/19 07:07 AM (5 years, 1 day ago)

What I mean is not using any other technique,  just taking the mycelium from the fields and reproduce it at home. It's amazing to see that p. Cubensis has started growing from old buffalo manure that I picked and left in a bag for a few days.

I have put more manure mixed with hay in a pot,  part of it with active mycelium probably.  I'm also growing in a smaller recipient mycelium that keeps growing and I will mix it with the rest soon.  I'm not sure if it'll all work. The temperature and humidity conditions are just perfect.

Edited by espig91 (03/29/19 07:13 AM)

InvisibleFiddlesnitch-17
Retired
    #25918791 - 04/06/19 02:58 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Nice one espig91

How is the growing going? I have access to a field with approx 150~ cows/buffalos roaming around free. Once the rain starts in South I am expecting  to see some growth here too. Not sure if I want to have a pot of dung inside my house but growing it in balcony sounds like a great idea :smile: . So far everything is still crispy-dry but any moment now..

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Question about temperature and wild pan/copelandia cyanescens [Re: Fiddlesnitch-17]
    #25919157 - 04/06/19 09:43 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Aww come on, every house has at least one piece of shit in it, but seriously, the balcony is is a great place.

If you going to bring dung home, make sure that it has what you want first or it's just crap

--------------------

InvisibleFiddlesnitch-17
Retired
    #25920663 - 04/07/19 04:07 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Yeah "Growing" a pot of turd without active mycelium in it would be less amazing story to tell. I'm still in process of figuring out should I just try to gather the shrooms from wild or grow them myself after finding active mycelium or both.. My goal is to gather about year's supply of microdosing for work.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Question about temperature and wild pan/copelandia cyanescens [Re: Fiddlesnitch-17]
    #25922307 - 04/08/19 01:51 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Grow your own,  take a spore print from a wild specimen and forget about the poo, use coco coir, agar and whole oats. The shroomery has an excellent cultivation forum.

--------------------

Offlineespig91
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25922783 - 04/08/19 10:25 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

The mushrooms that were appearing on the dung turned to be panaeolus cyanescens. It's incredible how common they are here. I have found quite a few the other day. I suggest you to be looking for them too.

I think it's probably better to grow them, unless there are many available that you could harvest enough for all your work. If you storage them properly, why not?
If you decide to grow, I am not sure what would be the best way. I am just experimenting myself taking wild mycelium and try to reproduce it, but I haven't found any guides recommending this. So far, just tiny pan. have appeared and I continue trying other things so I will share in case something is successful.

Offlineespig91
Stranger
 User Gallery

#25922811 - 04/08/19 10:34 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

Regarding the pot, I guess that if it ever works, it will take some time before the mycelium develops. There is actually the mycelium of the cubensis I intentionally took and planted, but mostly the own dung that is infested in Panaeolus. How would you thing I should treat this pot, in terms of watering, moisture, etc. Here the conditions are good many times but some days are sunny and it may get drier, etc.

Do you think it is possible that this may even work?

InvisibleFiddlesnitch-17
Retired
    #25924614 - 04/09/19 09:05 AM (4 years, 11 months ago)

I remember seeing quite simple step-by-step guide in one of the pinned posts, it's approx a decade old video regarding how to grow without pressure cooker, that's what I'm going to do once I have gathered spore prints.

I have to admit that I actually found 3 panaeolus but because I thought it should've become blue faster I threw it away, smart me :sun:

South is still being roasted by the sun. I think I'm going to go for 10-20 cakes for the first run and do it inside instead of balcony. The field itself that I have available for me is huge but quite open so it gets dry very easily.

Edited by Fiddlesnitch-17 (04/09/19 09:08 AM)

OfflineChocolateStarfish
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26725515 - 06/07/20 02:50 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

espig91 said:
Today I went to another place and I could find just one specimen of P. Cubensis. I attempt to try to reproduce them in my house. I have taken the substrate beneath this specimen as spawn, taken old manure from the fields and bought hay. Do you guys think it is possible that it may work? What would be the best container?

No bud, im sorry. That just sounds impossible, its not like we're on a site that teaches you how to cultivate mushrooms or something

OfflineChocolateStarfish
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #26725541 - 06/07/20 03:12 AM (3 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

espig91 said:
Regarding the pot, I guess that if it ever works, it will take some time before the mycelium develops. There is actually the mycelium of the cubensis I intentionally took and planted, but mostly the own dung that is infested in Panaeolus. How would you thing I should treat this pot, in terms of watering, moisture, etc. Here the conditions are good many times but some days are sunny and it may get drier, etc.

Do you think it is possible that this may even work?

Lol Im just kidding. Your best bet with a dung patty that has mycelium in it (That you are 100% sure is an active species) take it to any area with tall grass, tis best to keep the patty intact, and set it underneath the tall grass. I will post pictures of what grass or vegetation height is acceptable. The best thing you can do for a patty with pan mycelium in it, is put under a bunch of tall grass... all the tall grass helps trap in humidity, and also protects it from overheating by providing shade at all times of the day if done correctly. I even push the tall grass over the patties so they almost have a roof of tall grass. Another good thing you can do for your patties when you notice an active growing out of it, is put it in a walmart bag, with lots of holes in it (panaeolus species require lots of air exchange to fruit) on the top, sides, and bottom of the bag, it acts as a casing... Then obviously there is the regular casing technique, but from personal experience, the tall grass method is the best method... It seems like panaeolus are able to grow without casings out of dung patties themselves, because the dung develops a natural casing when the sun hardens the outer layer of the dung and creates a hard "skin", if you will, that traps all the moisture on the inside to form the perfect microclimate needed to fruit panaeolus cyanescens. Thats why casing a patty is pretty pointless if you grabbed the whole thing. Especially if you didn't pull off the "skin" i'm talking about.

I have had much success with putting patties in areas with dense/tall vegetation on the ground to protect the dung from the sun on hot days, and protect it from getting beaten up by the rain (pan cyans HATE getting their caps wet) so this is all around your best bet (IMO), and it is the one i always have the best results with. Good luck fellow wisdom seeker:)

Edited by ChocolateStarfish (06/07/20 03:24 AM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Boomr Bag   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate