Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepsilopath
Stranger
immature copelandia cyanescens
    #1872998 - 09/01/03 11:52 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ok I just went shroom hunting and found a great new field that appears to have an abundance of immature copelandia cyanescens in it. My question is do immature copelandia cyanescens have a white/grayish underside to them when they haven't produced their spores yet. Otherwise they were growing right by a hay bail line in some cow shit, while being covered in the shade by some plants. They look just like small (1-2cm caps) copelandia cyanescens only they have white/grayish gills. Thanks for the help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineaminitaman
FUK THAGOVERNMENT,IMSMOKIN' BLUNTSAND LOVIN' IT

Loc: Tha BlueGrass State,Kentu...
Re: immature copelandia cyanescens [Re: psilopath]
    #1873035 - 09/02/03 12:11 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ive found some shrooms like that in my pasture that i go to early in the spring and i live in ky.,so they cant be cope's but im still wundering what mine are,anybody have a clue of what i got too?The ones im picking also do bruise blue,but they are so damn little its hard to tell what the hell they are,peaceout and thanks for any info.!

--------------------
its tha big parafenizzle
with tha big mushroomizzle
ya gotta know its off tha hizzle

Offlinepsilopath
Stranger
Re: immature copelandia cyanescens [Re: aminitaman]
    #1873383 - 09/02/03 02:15 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I think the ones I found are new though. I'm going to go back in a couple of days to see if they have grown any. Right now I'm crossing my fingers that its something magic. Later

Invisiblekoraks
    #1873424 - 09/02/03 02:37 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Take pics of the caps, stems and gills, and if possible, make a spore print. Post the whole bunch, and we'll have a look.

InvisibleGumby
Fishnologist
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #1874033 - 09/02/03 12:26 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Eh... I've never picked copes before but I'll go ahead and tell you what I know. Copelandia branch off from the genus Panaeolus, both types of mushrooms are almost identical. I've picked several hundred Panaeolus in my day and the gills are ALWAYS black(or at least dark), even in the younger stages. There are some mushrooms(Psilocybe weilii, for example) who's gills don't color up untill they start producing spores, but from my experience, the gills of Pans are always dark.

My guess is that you might have found some kind of Conocybe, they can look like Pans/copes and they have lighter gills. A spore print should tell us what they are for sure.

Offlinekenjaman
half-a-centurypsychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pinellas County, Florida
    #1876702 - 09/03/03 04:29 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

just my 2 cents worth - all I have been finding in the field that I frequent is small "copes". A good number of the smaller caps have appeared to have grayish gills. I put them in my sack and by the time I get home the grayish is turning a dark bluish. Most of my findings have been 1-2cm caps. About 8-12 of this size has produced a nice (not heavy) 2-4 hour buzz for me. Of course, the sure method for identification of mushrooms are good pics, a spore print, lotsa' details and experienced help. I only found 2 this morning.

peace, kenjaman.

--------------------
LIFE IS WONDERFUL!!!
Is it god or is it prozac?
Or are they one and the same?

LiC - kenja

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: immature copelandia cyanescens [Re: kenjaman] * 1
    #1876828 - 09/03/03 07:17 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Here are a few big copes for you to cope with,

mjshroomer

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: immature copelandia cyanescens [Re: mjshroomer]
    #1876837 - 09/03/03 07:23 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

As for being immature, that is not actually always the case. The foto below ios day 17 of a 21 day growth of a single crop in a frsh cowpie found in the cultivation gallerty at my website.

When they all began t appear this smallit means most of the nutrients needed for them to grow have been eshausted in the soil or mamure and thus they grow smaller until none are left. the first images every three days shows this decrease in growth activity during a rainy [period but p[rptect by overhead trees and branches on Kualoa Ranch inthe Hawaiian Islands.

mj

mj

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Re: immature copelandia cyanescens [Re: mjshroomer] * 1
    #1876840 - 09/03/03 07:24 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

ASNd once they have grown when you have found them that is usually their size if they are Copelandias. They pip up fast. Cubes can take 24 hours from pnner to maturity insome instances.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale