Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Wrapping agar?
    #25856642 -

How do you wrap agar? I've looked on the forum but I found posts as much as 13 years old. My plates seem to be drying out. Is there anything I can do to salvage these ones?


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wrapping agar? [Re: mimir]
    #25856654 -

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21922023

The plate in the picture is no good. Bacteria growing all over it

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wrapping agar? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25856660 -

That doesn't look like mycelium.  Looks like bacteria.  Hard to see though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wrapping agar? [Re: rickyswamps]
    #25856684 -

Thanks guys, this is my first time, wasn't sure whether that was mycelium or something else. I guess I'll just start over

@bodhisatta
I missed the mini rolls detail when I first read your tek. Just one question, since I'm not American / English, is the plastic wrap in the picture of the correct type? I don't know whether saran wrap or cling foil are the same thing or not, and which one mine even is... It's neither breathable nor permeable, I can tell you that much.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Wrapping agar? [Re: mimir]
    #25856706 -

Clear thin plastic food wrap will work. There's enough air in the petri dish to carry out all of colonization. They don't have lungs they use air but no where near a lot.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

MagicBag.co Shop: All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* agar
( 1 2 all )
arabmobster 5,015 21 04/11/03 04:10 PM
by arabmobster
* Lumpy WBS, try to salvage or just ditch it? TerdleMountain 185 2 05/04/21 04:19 PM
by TerdleMountain
* Post Your Cultivation Picture of The Day
( 1 2 3 4 ... 8715 8716 )
saralove 5,223,866 174,312 09/29/26 04:49 PM
by langten69
* p.mexicana on agar - is this the correct procedure? kingstroke 1,063 3 10/03/04 07:18 AM
by discman1
* Benefits of Agar? celsius 10,018 10 12/01/19 12:36 AM
by wildernessjunkie
* How to prevent bacteria? agentjrr 4,169 9 04/22/04 12:58 PM
by MAIA
* Contam Sandwich Agar Technique... ATWAR 6,310 8 06/29/04 07:52 PM
by ATWAR
* WBS jar stalling after agar inoculation (photo) Josborne 1,281 14 05/04/21 02:29 PM
by Stipe-n Cap

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
538 topic views. 9 members, 59 guests and 197 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 14 queries.