Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Agar with pics. I would appreciate any valuable input
    #25813300 -

First time with agar. These are from spore prints. Would like some advice on sectoring. Curious if I have dikaryotic mycelium yet. Also there is a strange colony on one dish I zoomed in on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar with pics. I would appreciate any valuable input [Re: Stumpwhiskey]
    #25813425 -

Some of those look suspect. The one you zoomed in on looks like bacteria. The black one looks like you could pull some healthy samples from it though! You definitely do have some mycelial colonies forming.


--------------------
Back from my Hiatus :smile:

Edited by Jooceman (02/14/19 08:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar with pics. I would appreciate any valuable input [Re: Stumpwhiskey]
    #25813473 -

Huh, them dont look like mine after i put a drop or two from a syringe on them.

That squiggly looking thing may jst be part of the agar mix, or something unrelated that got in there pre pc.

Wish i cud help in some way haha, but im not that familiar with agar work. I wud let them grow out a bit and see what happens. A nice clear myc spot might appear for you to take a nice transfer from.  GT is fun to grow tho. Pretty hardy variety.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar with pics. I would appreciate any valuable input [Re: Stumpwhiskey]
    #25813854 -

Stumpwhiskey said:
First time with agar. These are from spore prints. Would like some advice on sectoring. Curious if I have dikaryotic mycelium yet. Also there is a strange colony on one dish I zoomed in on. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
http://



There looks like some nasties in a couple the plates, other than that, they look normal. You only need one drop per plate. I personally put drop in the middle, then streak threw it and zig zag towards the edges of plate. Heres a great agar guide, https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/24330957#24330957. Hope this helps ya.


--------------------
My soul brings tears, to angelic eyes.


DISCOVER BLACK KOW
I swear that "black kow experiment" thread is gonna get it. It's tempting me to adress it. Sounds both pornografic and racist...
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25300352/page/1




Deliberately asleep, always.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar with pics. I would appreciate any valuable input [Re: BigSurMoon]
    #25814956 -

Thanks I believe the 2nd one looks best. These are from one print I took so I was expecting contamination because the veil had already broken. I’m getting into agar for all intents and purposes of becoming more sustainable and having cultures rather than ms syringes or spores. I’ll still grow these plates out after taking cuts. I also plan on cloning once my other batch is ready. Should be good to “semi-bulk” expansion after this weekend. Any more input would be great. I’ll keep you guys filled in.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar with pics. I would appreciate any valuable input [Re: Stumpwhiskey]
    #25814985 -

Out of all of them. This is the one I feel best about.

http://

Also some pics of the up and coming. Btw, these short fat jars are becoming my favorite. After agar transfers are done I’ll be switching to grain. Golden teachers on left. Purple mystics on the right. The purple mystic ms syringe turned out to have mycelium that is silky af. Can’t wait

http://

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar with pics. I would appreciate any valuable input [Re: Stumpwhiskey]
    #25815437 -

Purple mystic is my favorite so far, their pretty mellow,great body high,slight to mild visuals, easy come up too, no nausea, hmm, love em!! Yeah that gt  plate looks good, I would do a few plates of transfers from that, then if those cultures look clean then put them to fruits, but keep all your other plates so you can go back to that plate if you find something you like. I keep plates for months before I chuck em or I put them in the fridge.


--------------------
My soul brings tears, to angelic eyes.


DISCOVER BLACK KOW
I swear that "black kow experiment" thread is gonna get it. It's tempting me to adress it. Sounds both pornografic and racist...
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/25300352/page/1




Deliberately asleep, always.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar with pics. I would appreciate any valuable input [Re: BigSurMoon]
    #25816097 -

Interesting BigSurMoon. I’ve never tried purple mystics. Golden teachers which I love and Amazonians...whew 6 grams is not easy on the stomach with those guys. Mystics will be new for me. Stronger body high but less visuals may be nice to have around, but I hope they still help me get where I need to be. Very happy with the mycelia characteristics. Dunno if that is more pronounced in this race of shrooms for some reason.
Going out to trip with my girlfriend today with the last of our goldens. Put them in some quality chocolate after a few blasts in the ninja. Have a great weekend.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar with pics. I would appreciate any valuable input [Re: Stumpwhiskey]
    #25816311 -

Any variety can produce any kind of trip. Its luck of the genetics. Every variety has infinity possible genetics. Sometimes you win sometimes you loose. Any variety is capable of making bunk all the way to mind bending potency.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Agar with pics. I would appreciate any valuable input [Re: bodhisatta]
    #25825289 -

These are some other agar ones inoculated with spores. The blue agar one is new; the red is further growth of my past ones. Let me know if anything jumps out at you. I’m going to take some more transfers today.  So far, no crazy mold colors just white with a few different mycelia characteristics.


These other blue dishes are my very first agar transfers every. They all started about the size of a grain of rice. The zoomed in one is the fastest. Gotta day I’m really happy with it. Feels much more satisfying than buying spores from a vender all the time.

Edit: btw the weird look on the blue spore dish was from the loop being too hot. Think I cooked my agar. Had three other dishes that have this same streaking look and little spores came to be.

Edited by Stumpwhiskey (02/20/19 03:11 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Possible contam on agar, pic sci33 1,911 2 03/04/04 05:33 PM
by sci33
* cobweb or ? on agar? (Pic) Olgualion 2,219 4 05/11/09 02:01 AM
by Ike Anngro
* Re: My HORRIBLE accident with agar (pic) Coma of Souls 1,326 2 01/15/00 10:46 AM
by camel
* Agar recipe work well for germinating these five spores? KingCobWeb 10,788 8 02/24/03 11:48 PM
by Anno
* I extended my penis 6" using AGAR KingCobWeb 2,698 2 02/22/03 11:43 PM
by KingCobWeb
* premade petri dishes? High_On_Magic 2,108 4 09/15/03 04:10 PM
by simplemachine
* Is this casing OK (pic) SKSguy 1,982 16 03/24/03 06:18 PM
by SKSguy
* Re: What exactly is agar, and what do u do with it?? sean123 4,100 7 12/26/99 09:57 AM
by Workman

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
419 topic views. 21 members, 64 guests and 141 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.027 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 16 queries.