Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer?
    #25665998 -

Hi I am having a hard time finding some good teks for panaeolus cintileus?
I have a agar plate of panaeolus cintileus growing-This is my wild collection I am trying to grow-so far very good.

I now need to transer, I am going to pasturize some wheat straw and grow spawn on a small tub of this? I will transfer my agar in a still air box into the tub of pastruized straw.I do have horse poo and clean good stuff-I rather just stick to straw.

After spawning I will case with a 1" layer of coco and verm-pasturized.

Am not sure of exact Tempature and humidty.Any helpfull hints be great.

I can kinda grow cubes now-just not sure if my skill level will allow me to grow anything else LOL


--------------------
SKATE OR DIE!
RIP 1989-2001-The best of time's
I miss molly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: rockpup]
    #25666006 -

:confused: sounds ike ur plan isnt very good your going to spawn agar to a tub


--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: rockpup]
    #25666049 -

Read more.

No need to sab or flow hood transfer of SPAWN that is fully colonized to straw/manure.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25670513 -

It's on agar, I want to transfer my agar to something - I just transferred it to pastrurized straw, inside a Jar-inside my still air box-I do not want to use Grain-So I am using Straw to grow my Mycelium AKA Spawn or whatever you want to call it.So far so good.

After that I am going to grow it out more with pasturized Hpoo and straw,in a Tub-then I will case it-then I will use another Tub on top to create a Dub tub.

I guess I will have to read up on proper tempature's and triggers, as they are not what I am used to growing.

This is just a small test to see how my prints turned out anyway-I managed to make wild prints with no sign of infections or mold.I have no anti-bacteria agar, so I was surprised with my success on my agar.


--------------------
SKATE OR DIE!
RIP 1989-2001-The best of time's
I miss molly.

Edited by rockpup (12/10/18 04:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: rockpup]
    #25670517 -

xfer to grains


--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: tripdawg420]
    #25670577 -

Yeah I hate grain-I will try it next time with grain-I cut up my straw about 1/2" piece's-I will try PC next time with my Straw jar-I am trying to use straw not grain to grow out my mycelium on.So far its growing very well but I fear infection with out PCing the jar.It will remain in the jar the whole time its growing so I should have sterlized it.


--------------------
SKATE OR DIE!
RIP 1989-2001-The best of time's
I miss molly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: rockpup]
    #25670672 -

keep us posted


--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: tripdawg420]
    #25670681 -

Agar to straw?

Agar to grain, grain to substrate is what I thought I learned


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25670795 -

I am going to continue on with my straw.I will try oats for my next set of plates.

I Just have a hard time getting them dry enough-they always get so damn wet, I have a hard time with grain. I am making a giant screen box so I can get them dry them better.


--------------------
SKATE OR DIE!
RIP 1989-2001-The best of time's
I miss molly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: rockpup]
    #25670797 -

im very good at preoing wbs i can walk u thur the steps


--------------------
HUSTLER
How U Survive This Life Everyday Resourcefully
epic GT mono tub
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/17277772

wbs tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11525679
coir tek
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/11917410
results :thumbup:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: tripdawg420]
    #25675806 -

Thanks I am going to try some grain jars again.I have to get them figured out.
My straws growing-so far so good.
My Cube agar plate is awesome-Very nice strong looking-I have to save this strain and make another agar plate, just in case I mess up the jars.


--------------------
SKATE OR DIE!
RIP 1989-2001-The best of time's
I miss molly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: rockpup]
    #25679429 -

Straws doing good-Slow but its working-no infections yet-I get some pic's in a few days when you can clearly see what's going on.

I just did some oats waiting for them to cool-I am cleaning a bin so they will fit inside.I am using my room to heat them up with space heater-no incubator this time-I keep in bin- keep clean -use hepa air cleaner in room.
I hate trich it has a special love for me-Its hard in my house-leaky old windows really drafty and it is Windy all the time in this part of Alberta.
Now with the grow room and hepa. I can manage to get cakes to grow one or 2 flush's.This is my first 3rd flush on cakes and only 6 left outta 10.


--------------------
SKATE OR DIE!
RIP 1989-2001-The best of time's
I miss molly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: rockpup]
    #25700323 -

Straws growing weird-Very stringy whispy-I don't think it will produce fruits....I started up a agar slice on grain's-Its growing now.

I have more plate's on the go and 2nd transfers-much success so far with my Strange Southern alberta magic mushrooms.I plan on a 3rd transfer and then to grain.I hope to get these to produce fruits-I have a feeling they are not what they seem.

My new print were also clean-nice new growth and no funky stuff.
I have some prints left If anyone is intrested-not sure where to post prints for trade yet.


--------------------
SKATE OR DIE!
RIP 1989-2001-The best of time's
I miss molly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: rockpup]
    #25700336 -

Agar>grain spawn>bulk mix... there's likely not enough nutrients in your mix alone, and there's absolutely no way agar will colonize the tub before contaminant spores germinate and grow to be an issue

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25700420 -

I did a Agar slice into a pasturized wheat straw jar-I am not sure if it's worth my time to transfer it to Hpoo/verm? I might just to see what happens.I have some hpoo/straw ready to go, I may just add some verm and try it.

i have 2 transfers on 2nd transfer and clean-2 new streak plates growing-
Also I have one slice of agar on Oats now.I am just using room tempatures.
I am setting up another incubator for Pans just wondering a good temp?I read 72 is a good temp for pans.


--------------------
SKATE OR DIE!
RIP 1989-2001-The best of time's
I miss molly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: rockpup]
    #25700603 -

I'd  snag a piece of colonized wheat straw before spawning, and take it back to agar to clean a culture for grain... good luck, but I don't think it'll do much, if anything: definitely keep us posted!  :popcorn:

Why verm?

Room temperature is good, incubation spells disaster

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: Caps McGee]
    #25700957 -

Help add moisture and maintain the moisture levels?
I also have Coco-coir or more Hpoo/straw-I have it all-even found some lime.No pete moss but I can get.

Whats a good Idea for my Grain jar.50/50 Hpoo and straw and then case with some coco-coir or something?

That' my 2nd transfer on the lawn shroomies-I am so glad the prints are super clean for wild prints.I made lot's just in case.









--------------------
SKATE OR DIE!
RIP 1989-2001-The best of time's
I miss molly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: rockpup]
    #25700964 -

Dry your oats overnight after preparing them in the evening.


--------------------
Never give up, never surrender.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: Failboat]
    #25729766 -

Been doing oats by adding 1 cup oats into jar then 2/3cup water-sit for 4 hours then cook, Been fairly good so far.

The lawn shroom's are doing amazing-5 oat jars on the go-3rd agar transfer all most ready for oats-need more jars.

What's a good incubating tempature for these guys? I been using 80f but am gonna lower to about 76-78.





I have no idea why I am growing them-just to see what the really are-under a microscope-also get more picuture's of them fruited, these are from Alberta canada-I think its just amazing I found them kinda good luck that's for sure-first year picking.
I have 2+ LBS dry says my old fish scale.
Eaten a few OZ's now with no bad side effects other than some extreme fart's the one dose.
Everyone else really enjoys the high also-no complaints other than the dry stick like stems.


--------------------
SKATE OR DIE!
RIP 1989-2001-The best of time's
I miss molly.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: panaeolus cintileus Agar transfer? [Re: rockpup]
    #25729786 -

rockpup said:
Been doing oats by adding 1 cup oats into jar then 2/3cup water-sit for 4 hours then cook, Been fairly good so far.





You PC them directly, no boil? Try 1.5 cups oats and 1 cup water: same ratio and it'll fill your quarts 2/3

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   North Spore Boomr Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* agar transfer substitution? omniscientlore 1,583 3 12/19/22 07:14 AM
by Screwup
* How to make agar 2 agar transfer? esp 7,276 7 01/08/04 11:08 AM
by YidakiMan
* agar to agar transfer ohmatic 16,880 11 01/12/21 09:00 PM
by bodhisatta
* agar transfers *DELETED* thisone 1,371 3 11/20/03 08:58 PM
by Mycomancer
* Clarifying questions about agar and strain isolation replyom 1,383 10 02/15/19 05:10 PM
by mushpunx
* agar to agar / g2g degeneration effects ohmatic 2,913 11 01/17/05 03:46 PM
by MushroomFriend
* Agar with pics. I would appreciate any valuable input Stumpwhiskey 419 9 02/20/19 03:07 PM
by Stumpwhiskey
* Innoculation with agar wedge Visigoth 5,927 6 01/15/23 12:59 PM
by Screwup

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Shroomism, george castanza, RogerRabbit, veggie, mushboy, fahtster, the_chosen_one, LogicaL Chaos, 13shrooms, hamloaf, cronicr, Stipe-n Cap, Pastywhyte, bodhisatta, Tormato, Land Trout, A.k.a
577 topic views. 12 members, 70 guests and 170 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.03 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 18 queries.