Home | Community | Message Board

SoulSpeciosa Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon 10cc Syringe, Agar, Paul Stamets, Petri Dish

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlineesp
adaptive mind

Loc: Canada
How to make agar 2 agar transfer?
    #2221587 - 01/05/04 10:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

I have an agar dish fully colonized with mycelium but with a little bit of contamination. I want to transfer a clean rhyzomorphic part to a new dish.
Do I just scrape off mycelium and then transfer it or do I cut a piece of agar and then transfer?
On wich side should I put the piece of agar if I transfer it and how big should it be?

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleYarry
Old Timer
 User Gallery

Re: How to make agar 2 agar transfer? [Re: esp]
    #2221612 - 01/05/04 10:59 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

make sure u use a metal utensil to transfer. burn it til its red (i just hold it on the stove element) dip it into sterile water to cool it down. I usually take 3 diffrent bits, put them an equal distance from themselves, but not against the sides. Then let em grow and you should be good!

--------------------
Grumpy Old Man.

OfflineTeon
Chemist/Self-AppointedFAQ Facist
Male

Loc: Here
Re: How to make agar 2 agar transfer? [Re: Yarry]
    #2221699 - 01/05/04 11:36 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

May I suggest either of Stamets prime books, The Mushroom Cultivator and Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms. Both cover mycological culture work very well.

Read, read, read, try, fail, try again.

--------------------
No statements made in any post or message by myself should be construed to mean that I am now, have ever been, or will at any future time will be participating in or considering participation in any activities in violation of any legal statue; be it local, state, or federal law. All posts are works of fiction, and are intended for entertainment purposes only.

Don't just assume anything I or anyone else says is true. Test it for yourself. See if it's true.
Generate more useful information. The world is running desperately low on it.

Offlineesp
adaptive mind

Loc: Canada
Re: How to make agar 2 agar transfer? [Re: Teon]
    #2227109 - 01/07/04 11:47 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Does the mycellium part of the transfered agar piece needs to be facing the air (up) of facing the dish (down)?

Offlinelittlegnome
a gnome

#2227538 - 01/08/04 06:32 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

face it up so it gets oxygen, and use peroxide in your new plates just so you dont get those contams coming back

OfflineJetBlackNinja
Pimp-o-licious
Loc: $%^&
Re: How to make agar 2 agar transfer? [Re: Teon]
    #2227759 - 01/08/04 10:46 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Teon said:
May I suggest either of Stamets prime books, The Mushroom Cultivator and Growing Gourmet and Medicinal Mushrooms. Both cover mycological culture work very well.

Read, read, read, try, fail, try again.

Not for nothing, but what would the point of these forums be if the answer always came back: "Go buy a book."?

--------------------

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: How to make agar 2 agar transfer? [Re: littlegnome]
    #2227777 - 01/08/04 10:53 AM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

face it up so it gets oxygen, and use peroxide in your new plates just so you dont get those contams coming back

Actually, you should work with the dish upside-down to reduce contamination. You don't need a large piece -- rubbing a sterile toothpick over it should suffice. Let the dish grow right-side up until you see visible growth, then incubate upside-down to prevent condensation.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

InvisibleYidakiMan
Stranger
Male User Gallery
    #2228036 - 01/08/04 01:08 PM (13 years, 8 months ago)

Make sure that you do the transfer in a still air environment or as close to it as possible. Transfer in a glovebox, if possible, or improvise No breathing, no fans, no unneeded movement. You don't want contam spores floating onto your new plates. There is no reason not to do a lot of plates, so do a lot of transfers. At least 10, but 20 plastic petris come in a pack so why not do 20?. It will increase your chance of a successful transfer. Also adding 10CC of Hydrogen Peroxide to a liter of agar after the agar has cooled below 140F will increase your chance of successful transfer. The hydrogen peroxide will destroy spores it comes into contact, but will not harm any live fungi or mold (however, may slow leap-off).

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Cannabis Seeds, Compare CBD   Amazon 10cc Syringe, Agar, Paul Stamets, Petri Dish

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation