Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]
Ever heard of the shock doctrine?
    #21618510 -

I hated this idealistic, anti capitalism,slander book. Anti government in general and It just slanders THE fuck our of our U.S. troops in specific which I don't think is fair at all because they rarely go out there for the government's reasons. The brave soldiers that I know did it solely for his fellow troops. I don't know maybe some super liberals out there will like shock doctrine but I thought it wasn't very well put together. Intellectually anyways.


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Edited by Seriously_trippin (04/30/15 05:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #25643073 -

I've only gotten through the first few chapters so far and I find it to be an interesting study into the "libertarian" experiments of The Chicago Economic School of Thought. Intellectually, comparisons of disaster capitalism to the practices of psychiatry are excellent and fitting. It is important to recognize that our government is tasked with protecting its citizens in the face of Super Hurricane Events and that conservative leadership has been known to "capitalize" on the opportunity by privatizing public institutions.

Protecting our public schools is not generally considered to be "anti-capitalistic."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: BicycleT]
    #25643079 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: BicycleT] * 3
    #25643134 -

Fuck the troops. No matter what reason you say you're still fighting for an evil capitalist empire.


--------------------
Trade List


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: saythatagain]
    #25643147 -

saythatagain said:
Fuck the troops. No matter what reason you say you're still fighting for an evil capitalist empire.



:thumbup:


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: Seriously_trippin]
    #25643621 -

Quote:
they rarely go out there for the government's reasons. The brave soldiers that I know did it solely for his fellow troops.



Who ordered the troops out there (in the first place) that the brave soldiers followed? :confused:

Haven't read the book...


--------------------
"What appears impenetrable to us does exist, manifesting itself in the deepest wisdom and the most radiant beauty" Einstein

"The conservatives of 70 years ago would be outraged at what has come to pass. It embodies everything they took up arms for to defeat"Asante


:kratom:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: SARAtonin] * 1
    #25645059 -

SARAtonin said:
saythatagain said:
Fuck the troops. No matter what reason you say you're still fighting for an evil capitalist empire.



:thumbup:




Fuck the both of you.

If you’re in the the US then...leave???


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: Luc1d]
    #25645116 -

It’d sure be nice to. But at this point that’s unrealistic.
My wife has a very good job here that she’s grown attached to,
and I own property here in the states that would be annoying to manage from afar.
Plus we live an hour away from my wife’s parents, which is really nice for all of us.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: Luc1d]
    #25645279 -

Look at who most of "the troops" are. Where are "the troops" mostly from? It seems like the people in charge are trying to make abortion illegal again so they will have more drones for war. Didn't you see "Idiocracy"? It seemed strangely prophetic if things don't change. The only people having the most kids are poor people and mostly in the south it seems. (I don't want to look up stats etc...) People know this. Do you think the Kennedy's, Bush's, Rockefeller's, and other not famous wealthy and well off families send their kids to war? I think not. It's ALWAYS the poor and uneducated meathead types (mostly) who fight these "wars" for the good of the world/america.:rolleyes::scat:


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25645365 -

i heard Biotin is really good for shock :shocked:


--------------------
The Game Camera-angled for usage of paranoia. how it is, to be, stalked.  :mushroom2:
Snorlax iz Beast
Restless legs are chill :sun:
they get high off you
don't regret the banning :cool:
somatic delusions are fake, make it real

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #25645508 -

SARAtonin said:
It’d sure be nice to. But at this point that’s unrealistic.
My wife has a very good job here that she’s grown attached to,
and I own property here in the states that would be annoying to manage from afar.
Plus we live an hour away from my wife’s parents, which is really nice for all of us.



The troops fought for all that!


--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: trees] * 1
    #25645548 -

They fight to enforce American Imperialism. In America we are somehow taught we can’t afford these luxuries without taking them from another.
This might have once been the case, but at this point in human evolution we live in a scientific age where success, happiness and fulfillment could easily be obtained for all peoples of this earth but we choose not to take that path because what’s the point of having something if everyone does too, right? :rolleyes:


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: SARAtonin] * 3
    #25645556 -

Preaching the evils of capitalism and advocating for it's downfall while being too burdened by a comfortable life to resist it outright or start up a new life outside of it is a lot like being a person who joins a military to fight for freedom and to promote their idea of positive ethics (or even to support themselves or their family) but ends up fighting to promote the ulterior motives of an unseen hand that's larger than they are. They share an underlying irony underneath the skin in that they are steeped in idealism and not grounded completely in reality. Neither take the full picture into view and balance what is said and believed with ways of living.

With that said, I don't think it's entirely accurate to insist that the average soldier is fighting for our freedoms and way of life in a kind of heroic way regardless of the circumstance. More accurately, soldiers are tasked with achieving objectives assigned to them by the elected representatives of the state at large. Sometimes those objectives are morally righteous, other times they are for the benefit of corrupt influences. Lethal forces are a necessity that I believe will always exist as long as humans do though, it's really up to the populace that is a beneficiary and component to the force in question to oversee it's handling at large or it becomes the tool of an unchecked hand rather than one of the people to achieve collectively beneficial goals.

One could argue that the average troop is a monster fighting for the corporate elite, but at the heart of it a perfect fighting force is one that achieves objectives as directed, and a populace that does not collectively understand how to direct it's force towards good is bound to see it's force used to promote the objectives of the few that do. The people that allow this to happen are completely complacent and guilty in the mismanagement of the military as they don't tend to demand true oversight while sitting comfortably.

Edited by PatrickKn (11/28/18 06:30 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: PatrickKn]
    #25645585 -

Very well said, and I can’t refute that.
All I’m going to say is I’m going to play with the hand I’m dealt.
Just because I’m thriving under capitalism doesn’t mean I can’t detest it,
If anything it’s only given me a better perspective of just how fucked the scale really is.
I’m not going to resent anyone for serving because many are just poor looking for a better life,
but that doesn’t mean I need to support it.


--------------------
Maiden, Mother, and Crone.

You are Me and I am You.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: SARAtonin] * 1
    #25645643 -

Your entitled to an opinion. It is very hard for you to say you can’t be financially stable anywhere else and that you’re thriving AND you hate the system that is helping you thrive so much that your willing to condemn US soldiers as “fighting for American imperialism”. My dad,2 brothers and two grandparents served our country and I guarantee none of them even thought about American Imperialsim. In fact most soldiers I’ve seen and done interviews with got in for reasons like education, money, patriotism, structure, to have a home and food. Once they get there it becomes about keeping themselves and their fellow Americans alive. I’ll never be ungrateful for these people.


--------------------
R.I.P
Zombi3, Blue Helix
Modest Mouse
Zappa, Jellyfish
Slothie
That Kid With The face
ShLong
Le Canard
split_by_nine
& Big Worm Forever
Etched in the sands of time in the shroomery and ever so beloved and deeply missed by many :heart:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #25645746 -

Seriously.... troops are bad?
What do you think happens if all of the troops quit...? (Ill give you a hint, it would be bad).

Sure, troops may not be currently fighting for freedom. I don't think they have in a long time. But the fact that troops exist keep motherfuckers who shouldn't be on American ground out, and provide protection from anyone with the courage to try to slay the "evil american bastards" or what-the-fuck ever they think about us (We are essentially withdrawn from the rest of the world over here in the horrible west, willingly ignorant to the presumably grim situation we live in here. Well, I don't see it as grim, but other people may disagree. Is that my ignorance in motion or do I just see things as they truly are?). When people have nothing to bitch about, they make shit up and start going after the ones who granted them, or allow them to continue living in their bubble of comfort. I think that is called a first world problem....

Anyway, if the troops quit, you could be damned sure that precious job keeping you in this country would go poof, because a nation with no military is a sitting duck for invasion. Everything would change, though, and I suppose it could get better if we were invaded. Not likely though, because all governments are corrupt to some extent, its just human nature to be a greedy, corruptable, power hungry tyrant when presented with the oppurtunity in leadership to be so. Invasion by ANOTHER evil capitalist empire? Possibly one worse then the current one.... How about one that would have you executed for talking such ways about the troops?

People talk about this shit as if the world is full of angels. Governments are the way they are because that is what a government is. Maybe not in definition, but when human traits mix in with something that is supposed to be black and white, it gets not so black and white... Money has to be made, and I personally feel like uncle sam can take his cut because it really could be worse.

Or you could just.... leave?

Edited by xbloodwhipx (11/28/18 09:46 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #25645750 -

well anyways its not something i would go to


--------------------
The Game Camera-angled for usage of paranoia. how it is, to be, stalked.  :mushroom2:
Snorlax iz Beast
Restless legs are chill :sun:
they get high off you
don't regret the banning :cool:
somatic delusions are fake, make it real

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: SARAtonin]
    #25645782 -

SARAtonin said:
I’m not going to resent anyone for serving



:lol: godamn, I generally don't say "fuck you" or agree with people who say "fuck you" to a whole group of people without having a some animosity towards said group.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #25647063 -

xbloodwhipx said:
SARAtonin said:
I’m not going to resent anyone for serving



:lol: godamn, I generally don't say "fuck you" or agree with people who say "fuck you" to a whole group of people without having a some animosity towards said group.




It’s edgy and kewl tho


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Ever heard of the shock doctrine? [Re: Luc1d]
    #25650282 -

I actually argue that if you don't want to support the Military Industrial Complex, don't drive an automobile, I don't, cars are just armored vehicles. They might deflect the bullets of the next Mark David Chapman, but some days I hope some religious zealot would just execute me.

This book is an anti-thesis of the dubious nature of factions of our American Capitalist Society. Factions which do maintain control and wield the tremendous power of our military. Libertarianism is generally considered to be a fringe idea in our country, but its follies abroad, while being the product of our own "exports" is really just a trick to "liberalize" the oil fields in those countries.

Libertarians are our domestic idealists who believe that we will make people free by eliminating taxes, they might even believe that they do not want to support this myriad of "conflicts" and "occupations," but their same idealism is the basis of the the action of politicians in office. So, while libertarians are idealists who don't believe in "taxation," they are the hypothetical constituents who idealists politicians are making the 2016 Tax Plan, because whats good for the goose is good for the gander, which increases the profits of the Robber Barron Military Industrial Complex. Today, Donald Trump practically signed that bill under the threat of nuclear war. Trump and Putin have all of the nukes, but they are best friends and they promise to never use them. The American public is enjoying times of great prosperity while its president threatens the world with nuclear war because he wants to burn oil.

This same idealism is used a means to install governments around the world who will not tax the companies who are extracting the oil from the oil fields in those countries. It is a trick. We tell them that doing volume is the way to make money. Don't tax the companies, because the more money they make, the more volume they do, and the more taxes they actually pay, plus they make all of these "jobs," so your public will be happy.

I like to defend our high schools and public institutions and even advocate for their expansion, even though I thought every kid I went to school with was an asshole, but so was I. Experience is subjective and we are a product of our environments. A campaign for change that calls into question the morality of all individuals who choose to join the military will always be "fringe." A better campaign would call into question the morality of all consumers. To that I say, fuck cars. I am happy to ride a bike.

Edited by BicycleT (12/01/18 09:53 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 |  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* ⌖ The Official +Military Members Who Commit Crimes+ Thread ⌖
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Study The CNS 4,089 118 06/16/21 11:00 AM
by Study The CNS
* athiest soilder sues military. . .
( 1 2 3 4 all )
Lndrydusting 8,621 64 07/17/08 09:09 AM
by yadneb
* Why Capitalists Want To Sell You Deodorant
( 1 2 3 4 all )
AlteredAgain 6,417 60 03/29/07 09:56 AM
by HELLA_TIGHT
* The majority view on the military here
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
jewunit 13,814 197 05/18/08 11:17 PM
by Garve
* Should women be allowed in combat realated military jobs?
( 1 2 3 4 ... 11 12 all )
yasi 19,125 228 12/06/08 08:50 AM
by Redstorm
* Question on the Military
( 1 2 3 4 ... 9 10 all )
hpi 13,607 192 03/01/09 07:01 PM
by DimensionX
* Why do people in the military
( 1 2 3 4 all )
anyone420 3,233 70 03/10/09 02:49 PM
by Silversoul
* The Military "Draft" Thread.
( 1 2 3 all )
Spiritual Seeker 3,275 40 09/12/08 07:21 PM
by LeftyBurnz

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
598 topic views. 4 members, 12 guests and 165 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.036 seconds spending 0.012 seconds on 18 queries.