Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OG shroomerite
 User Gallery

I have this theory
    #2561474 - 04/15/04 12:04 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I didn't really have any other place to post it, so it kinda made sense to post it here.

My ex GF was extremely fucked up. And I'm not saying it out of spite or hate or anything. Just look at the facts: her parents divorced when she was real young, 3 years old. Her dad was a real bad tweaker, he was a famous 'cook' round these parts, and is currently serving a 10 year sentence for manufacturing and trafficking. Her mom used to tweak (I use the phrase 'used to' loosely, as this was never confirmed nor denied) and her mom is definatly an alcoholic. Her step-dad is a heavy tweaker. She's even done lines and smoked it with him. She's also a tweaker and alcoholic.

So here's my theory why our relationship didn't last. I'm not addicted to anything. Now I'm not straight edge... smoke pot like... once or twice a month, I'll drink every now and then, I'll pop pills if they're around... but it's like I can go months without so much as a beer and be fine. The thing is these people can't stand being sober. Anyway, my theory is the only bond my ex has with her mom, dad, and father-figure is addiction. Like she mistakes that bond of being an addict with love, because it's all she knows. And since I wasn't addicted to anything we could never relate, therefore our relationship failed MISERABLY.

and she left me for some dirty tweaker.

anyway, I'm not upset about it anymore... and I hardly ever think about her nowdays, but the other day this just popped in my mind.

So i dunno if you're having a problem in a relationship kinda look at the family situation and see how your bf/gf sees "love" from their mom and dad.

most of the time if you can't provide that "love" your relationship will probably suck.

just my theory though.

We are not human beings going through a temporary spiritual experience.

We are spiritual beings going through a temporary human experience.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Surfing theWaves of Chaos

Re: I have this theory [Re: StonedShroom]
    #2561953 - 04/15/04 02:41 AM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'd say that is a good theory  :smile:  :thumbup:

Mischief Managed

Loc: under your bed
    #2563250 - 04/15/04 01:24 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Yup, very good theory......Your relationships with your parents affect all of your relationships....definetly.....here is a good example:

My ex boyfriend and I lived together for 6 months but it didnt work out because he was attention STARVED. His mom and him had a good relationship but....he never met his real dad ever and his stepdad was a total asshole to him and basically with all the shit with his stepdad his mom never had time for him, not to mention he had 2 little sisters.....
Before he met me, he had never done anything really on his own, he was always under surveillance of his stepdad, expected to be home at 10 when he was 19.......when he met me we moved in together (bad idea), he was dying to be out on his own, independently. It bothered him that I had a say in his life.....he wanted a girl that wouldnt care what he did at all.......thats not me though............
So anyways I realized that he was talking to other girls constantly behind my back when I wasnt around....when he would go to parties with our friends and I wasnt there he would flirt and try to get with EVERY girl there, not to mention the numerous girls he talked to online......plus when me and him fought he would call up one of his girls to come and rescue him. He hated being alone and he was co-dependent and a compulsive liar. This went on for a while and the relationship went downhill, til the very end I found out he was fuckin like 7 different people and was calling another girl his girlfriend too. So I broke up with him and threw all his shit outside.......and he still does it to his other girlfriends.......I think it links directly to his parents.....

He wants all the attention he can get because he didnt get it at home and he keeps all these girls close by (because hes scared of being alone). He wants someone like his mom to come home because it comforts him but at the same time doesnt want to be told what to do.

but yeah, thats my 2 cents.

Some rise, Somefall, Some climb

Loc: The Dirty South...
    #2565147 - 04/15/04 08:05 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

Lesson: Never date a damn tweaker  :nut:

***--- Have You Opened Your Third eye?! ---***
      :::disclaimer:::this stuff was done in my dreams

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
    #2565158 - 04/15/04 08:08 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

I'd have to say that theory works well. My last relationship failed because i wouldn't abuse ( in any manner, verbal, physical, emotional, whatever) her. That's how she saw love.
Kinda sad, really, but seems to be the way the world works.

"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Loc: Michigan
Re: I have this theory [Re: Randolph_Carter]
    #2574980 - 04/18/04 09:37 PM (12 years, 6 months ago)

This might partially explain my recent heart-breaking experience, which still bothers me. I was really hitting it off with this girl for about 3 weeks, and I really thought she had interest in me. She eventually rejected me and now wants nothing to do with me, and has told me she's still "and always will be" in love with her last boyfriend, who happens to be an asshole who doesn't have a car, a job, doesn't go to school, and broke up with her a few months ago because he wanted to see other people. He was basically the opposite of me. This girl has emotional problems that all her good friends can attest to in some degree, and lo and behold, she has a terrible relationship with her mother, and her father up until his death a few years ago. Maybe I should get over it and realize it was a good thing this didn't work out....

Anything stated above is fictional roleplay dialog by the character that is Slapnut Rob, in no way representing the actions or beliefs of the man behind the keys.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Community >> Physical and Mental Well-Being