Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: cinderblock]
    #25336843 -

and cynicism doesn't mean what you think it means.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: relic] * 1
    #25337082 -

relic said:
and cynicism doesn't mean what you think it means. You're welcome



fixed


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25337177 -

:hatsoff:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: cinderblock]
    #25337206 -

cinderblock said:
Big Bear said:
Ever heard of a broom?

Sweep.  Then mop.  :lol:



A mop is just too much work.

Broom won't pick up the smaller dust particles.



I guess if a broom is too much work then this>



is out of the question.

You can get some nice finishes if you put in the work.


--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: deucedbi9]
    #25337214 -

Hell yes! I stained, sealed, and waxed a concrete floor for a house once. It looked completely awesome!


--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: relic]
    #25338141 -

double post

Edited by cinderblock (07/20/18 11:56 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: tyrannicalrex]
    #25338144 -

tyrannicalrex said:
relic said:
and cynicism doesn't mean what you think it means. You're welcome



fixed



If you mean you've turned a legitimate appeal for suggestions into some hardcore Home Improvement thread, then yeah, thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: cinderblock]
    #25338148 -

Is it smooth concrete? If so, use one of those blue pushbroom dry mop thangs


--------------------
...Did he doubt or did he try? Answers aplenty in the bye and bye
Talk about your plenty and talk about your ills, one man gathers what another man spills.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: cinderblock]
    #25338155 -

cinderblock said:
That attachment only works when the hose interfaces with the ground at the optimal angle. I don't like to hunch over when I vacuum.



The optimal angle? It sounds like you are using a shitty vacuum.

Step 1: Buy a new vacuum that doesn't suck, like a Shop Vac.

Step 2: Get the attachment so you don't have to bend over.

Problem solved.

It isn't going to get any easier than that.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: waves]
    #25338159 -

No, the shop vacs do no not have a swivel head. They're just a plastic mold. Look at a vacuum head by Hoover, Dyson, Shark, etc. They all have articulating heads, not a plastic head that has to be angled just right to interface with the floor. Again, shop vacs are meant for spills, cleaning out cars, etc. It is meant to be used while you're hunched over for a few minutes at most, not 30 minutes on your hands and knees while you go over the entire floor plan of your basement.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: Veihler]
    #25338161 -

Veihler said:
Is it smooth concrete? If so, use one of those blue pushbroom dry mop thangs



Not sure I know what you're talking about. Do you mean like a disposable Swiffer mop?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: cinderblock]
    #25338176 -

shark


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: Delirious Dwemer]
    #25338997 -

That floor is just getting dirtier by the minute. I can't believe this.


--------------------
I have to return some videotapes

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: BluHORROR]
    #25340081 -

Where the slime live
Where the slime breed
When the wind blows
And the cradle falls....down

Their poison fingers
That wrote the poison lines
Their poison lingers
What a tragedy when their fingers are removed

Where the slime live (2x)

Where the slime live
(They are the lowest forms of life)
Where the slime breed
(They make a new one too corrupted)
When the wind blows
(The winds of truth are blowing now)
And the cradle falls....down

Their burning dogma
Introducing to our mind - lies
They plot for the total control of the morals
And what a tragedy are when the "god-heads" are removed

They crawl, they breed, they hide but we see


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: Delirious Dwemer]
    #25340082 -

They burn I see the smoke of the funerals rising
God lives in their hearts now laid to rest

What a sight
As their kingdom comes tumbling down
We burn - the ones with contrite souls be gone!

Long gone are the filthy liars
Long gone are their filthy lies
I know they'll come again some day
Where the slime live and how the slime gets washed away


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: Delirious Dwemer] * 1
    #25340182 -

1. Get a vacuum.
2. Vacuum the floor.

A basic upright vacuum can easily transition to the floor. If you want a lot of efficiency, get a backpack vacuum from amazon. Are you a millennial OP? I keep reading these articles about how millennials lack even the most basic life skills. I'm trying to remain open-minded, but are there really people who don't know how to vacuum?


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: cinderblock]
    #25340209 -

cinderblock said:
Hey guys, so I moved to a place with a basement, and the floor's concrete. Have no idea how to clean it, and I was looking for suggestions. There seems to be an accumulation of dust and lint. I'm assuming it came from the ventilation system.

Do you guys just vacuum it with a regular vacuum? Do you mop it? What's the general protocol?

Thanks.



I dont. Too many bodies down there.


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: badchad]
    #25340236 -

badchad said:
1. Get a vacuum.
2. Vacuum the floor.

A basic upright vacuum can easily transition to the floor. If you want a lot of efficiency, get a backpack vacuum from amazon. Are you a millennial OP? I keep reading these articles about how millennials lack even the most basic life skills. I'm trying to remain open-minded, but are there really people who don't know how to vacuum?



Well, I don't consider myself a millenial. I was born in 85. I really consider myself a tweener between Gen X and Millenials. I did not grow up with internet and smart phones. I got AOL 3.0 when I was eleven or twelve.

I am a bit sheltered in a lot of ways, but I recently purchased a house, and I've been learning a lot about house upkeep. It's not that I don't know how to vacuum a house. I just wanted to know the most efficient manner to do it for a concrete floor.

I have a Dyson cordless V6 vacuum and a Ridgid 4 gallon shop vac. Both have its pros and cons. The V6's nozzle is meant for hardwood, tile, and carpet, not really for concrete.

The shop vac, like I said, is meant for spills, cleaning out the car, etc... isolated areas. The nozzle is not meant to be used as a general purpose vacuum because it does not have an articulating head. It's also a bitch to transfer between basement and garage, because it's heavy and unwieldy.

Upon much research, I've ultimately settled on a bagged canister vac. It's light enough for me to carry it around, and it seems to be the hybrid solution of the vacuum and shop vac.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: cinderblock]
    #25340244 -

cinderblock said:
badchad said:
1. Get a vacuum.
2. Vacuum the floor.

A basic upright vacuum can easily transition to the floor. If you want a lot of efficiency, get a backpack vacuum from amazon. Are you a millennial OP? I keep reading these articles about how millennials lack even the most basic life skills. I'm trying to remain open-minded, but are there really people who don't know how to vacuum?



Well, I don't consider myself a millenial. I was born in 85. I really consider myself a tweener between Gen X and Millenials. I did not grow up with internet and smart phones. I got AOL 3.0 when I was eleven or twelve.

I am a bit sheltered in a lot of ways, but I recently purchased a house, and I've been learning a lot about house upkeep. It's not that I don't know how to vacuum a house. I just wanted to know the most efficient manner to do it for a concrete floor.

I have a Dyson cordless V6 vacuum and a Ridgid 4 gallon shop vac. Both have its pros and cons. The V6's nozzle is meant for hardwood, tile, and carpet, not really for concrete.

The shop vac, like I said, is meant for spills, cleaning out the car, etc... isolated areas. The nozzle is not meant to be used as a general purpose vacuum because it does not have an articulating head. It's also a bitch to transfer between basement and garage, because it's heavy and unwieldy.

Upon much research, I've ultimately settled on a bagged canister vac. It's light enough for me to carry it around, and it seems to be the hybrid solution of the vacuum and shop vac.


Aite so basically if you committed to using a vacuum, just think of what you can get hands on that's has highest suction to start and where it's not lost due to the base being too unevenly distributed and not close enough to the ground. Its basic logic really, but i did also sell vacuums for a lil bit :P

Personally i'd just go with one of these:


--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: How do you guys vacuum the basement? [Re: cinderblock]
    #25340288 -

cinderblock said:
I have a Dyson cordless V6 vacuum and a Ridgid 4 gallon shop vac. Both have its pros and cons. The V6's nozzle is meant for hardwood, tile, and carpet, not really for concrete.





omg, then use this. If the floor is extremely dirty, use a broom and dustpan first.

Functionally, tile, hardwood, and concrete are all hard surfaces where the dirt and dust will be sitting on top. They can use the same attachments. This is different than say, carpet, where the dirt and dust will be in the carpet pile/fibers, where it is better dislodged with a brush.

Once the concrete is vacuumed and the loose dirt/debris is gone, you may consider mopping, but that depends on how damp/humid the basement is, and whether the concrete is sealed or porous. I'd recommend something like a swiffer, which uses less liquid.


--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

Edited by badchad (07/22/18 10:13 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* (NEW UPDATE: Ready to move in-ish) My basement renos. Here are the before pics
( 1 2 3 4 5 all )
Patlal 6,387 87 07/27/14 09:33 PM
by spore baby
* Man vacuum cleaners are lame
( 1 2 all )
freddurgan 2,486 20 03/25/07 05:53 PM
by Cowgold
* Scientist Missing For Over 20 years Found Living Inside Secret LSD Drug Lab Hidden in Basement Adolin 1,498 9 05/18/15 06:40 PM
by LuSiD enthusiast
* Digging a basement in your basement? tibberous 355 2 06/11/12 12:50 AM
by NWlight
* Vacuum Cleaner Blowjob (Guys)
( 1 2 all )
Channeling_Spirit 7,705 36 09/04/14 10:46 PM
by BlackWidow
* You are being forced to spend the next ten years in a basement
( 1 2 3 4 ... 14 15 )
Bodhi of Ankou 8,649 284 12/21/13 07:48 AM
by iarphairc
* How can i keep my mom out of my basement 4GOOD?
( 1 2 3 4 all )
sporeRider 3,392 70 11/18/09 01:21 PM
by PreparationH
* weird ass noise in my basement
( 1 2 3 all )
skatealex2 2,508 44 11/08/10 11:37 PM
by justaguy

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,744 topic views. 4 members, 37 guests and 150 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.005 seconds on 16 queries.