Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
German beers
    #24848304 -

Bought some German wheat beers.  There is a double bock in the fridge and some other beers.

I missed the good German beers.  American beers all have that grapefruit hops and just way to sharp hops going on.  Once in awhile there is a good malty harvest beer (German recipe).

Total lack of stores around here carrying imports.  Of course, the usual Heineken and Guinness.  But that's about it.

There is an old shop that I got these wheat beers.  It's not as in good of shape (the store) as it was years ago.  The single bottle fridge is falling apart and turned off.  The single beer shelf isn't as full as it once was.  But still some options.

Used to get some sort of triple bock there.  I just find Bavarian brews to be so smooth and flavorful.  Not sour, too hoppy, too tart.  Just the right amount of flavor, sweetness, backbone I  missed.


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German beers [Re: Morel Guy]
    #24848442 -

I was in Germany in 2011 and was surprised to see how dominant the Pilsner style lager is over there. The beers there really seem to be brewed with balance in mind. Hop levels are usually moderate with tasty, moderate maltiness. A lot of American craft beers are so unbalanced in comparison. Getting your​ head blown off with bitterness doesn't automatically make it a good beer. I found Bitburger to be one of the best beers from what I sampled over there.


--------------------
IT WAS ALL A DREAM

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German beers [Re: Grey Fox]
    #24862781 -

My favorite beers I had in Germany were the dunkelweizen, with that good wheat flavor with a more malty note. One thing I will say I prefer about American beers is there tends to be more variety of craft beer at a good bar compared to what I experienced in Switzerland and the black forest area. The schnapps was fantastic however with many different varieties.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German beers [Re: KaptainKermit]
    #24863366 -

Ya I think that's what I got.  Also got another brand that is about 8%.  Not drinking now through Christmas until the sisters are gone.  Seems maybe not till around new years.

Had a Heineken and a Guinness last-night.  Didn't want to touch the German beers.  Have 4 German beers left.

Didn't win the mega millions either :frown:


--------------------
"in sterquiliniis invenitur in stercore invenitur"

In filth it will be found in dung it will be found

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: German beers [Re: Morel Guy]
    #25116406 -

I love really hoppy beers. Imperial IPAs are more balanced they have alot of hops but alot of malt too so it balances it out. They are also very strong. I live near Chicago so there is great beer selection. There is a Binnys by me and they have a great selection of imports. Tons of breweries by me too. Trader Joes carries a bock that is 7% and only 6.99 a six pack its good. Its Josephbrau. They have like six of their beers and I think its the only store they sell through.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I'm making root beer. Baby_Hitler 2,899 14 01/27/04 11:56 AM
by AuroricDistortions
* Home Brewing Beer Thread
( 1 2 all )
A3eyedfish 7,343 33 05/19/09 02:58 PM
by PoppinCaps
* Any craft beer fans?
( 1 2 3 all )
ds442 3,211 46 08/01/18 08:34 AM
by Nataraja_Shiva
* Anyone who enjoys good beer
( 1 2 all )
mr_kite 5,357 20 09/16/03 08:16 AM
by shroomergurl
* Beer Cheese Soup
( 1 2 3 4 all )
sucklesworth 11,528 69 10/20/12 08:48 PM
by jw2234
* Pair cheese with beer daussaulit 2,533 15 01/23/06 05:32 PM
by TheCow
* Mushroom Beer
( 1 2 all )
sboss01 15,255 20 08/06/05 10:44 AM
by goobler
* BEER CAN CHICKEN ON THE BBQ. agar 2,514 9 12/16/04 05:40 AM
by agar

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, geokills, feevers
560 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 0 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.025 seconds spending 0.007 seconds on 16 queries.