Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Any craft beer fans?
    #25116374 -

I just picked up some dogfish head 90 minute ipa. Its been a little bit since Ive had some good beer. Tastes so good. My favorite is probably their Burton Baton. Its an oak aged imperial ipa. Very good but pricey. There are alot of good breweries around me. They are just popping up ererywhere. Its sweet.

How about you got any favorites?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ds442]
    #25118604 -

Blind pig
Pliney the elder
Concentration
Supplication
Mayberry ipa from El Segundo
Bell's Two Hearted
Delirium
Hog Heaven

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ConundrumFischer]
    #25119517 -

I like finding local places that make hard-to-travel beers; I enjoy well made brews with 0% oxidation.  That is surprisingly hard to find. 

A brewpub near me has an excellent California common that I've really been enjoying.  Anchor Steam is almost always oxidized somewhat when I find it.


--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ConundrumFischer]
    #25119523 -

I havent had most of those except for belles and delirium. Two hearted is great. I was just at Belles a few months ago. They had like 24 beers on tap. Best brisket sandwich ever. My favorite beer used to be Goose Island Imperial IPA. So tasty. 12%. $20 a four pack. Bastards stop brewing it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ds442]
    #25119531 -

ds442 said:
I havent had most of those except for belles and delirium. Two hearted is great. I was just at Belles a few months ago. They had like 24 beers on tap. Best brisket sandwich ever. My favorite beer used to be Goose Island Imperial IPA. So tasty. 12%. $20 a four pack. Bastards stop brewing it.



If you like IPAs and haven't tried a good bottle of Pliny the Elder, you need to.


--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: Mr. Bojangles]
    #25122387 -

Mr. Bojangles said:
ds442 said:
I havent had most of those except for belles and delirium. Two hearted is great. I was just at Belles a few months ago. They had like 24 beers on tap. Best brisket sandwich ever. My favorite beer used to be Goose Island Imperial IPA. So tasty. 12%. $20 a four pack. Bastards stop brewing it.



If you like IPAs and haven't tried a good bottle of Pliny the Elder, you need to.



IPAs are my favorite. Will check that out next time I go to Binnys. I like all kinds of beer except Bud Light. Lately I have been getting into barrel aged stouts. Goose islands bourbon county stout is excellent. It only comes out once a year though. You pretty much have to wait in line to get it.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ds442]
    #25122402 -

They dont even sell pliny the elder in IL, bullshit

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ds442]
    #25122725 -

It is definitely one of those beers you want to try at Russian River.  The reason being that hop character in beer is the flavor that is most subject to deterioration over time; improper handling and storage, and sometimes packaging often contribute to an inferior beer compared to what it tastes like at the brewery.


--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: Mr. Bojangles]
    #25123162 -

I plan to move back to Cali so I will have to go there. I went to North Coast and loved it. I love Brother Thelonius. I used to drink that stuff all the time. Its really beautiful there too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ds442]
    #25123302 -

ds442 said:
They dont even sell pliny the elder in IL, bullshit



I live in Cali and I'm lucky to have it once or twice a year. It's not easy to find. No beer flies of the shelf faster than Pliney.

The most solid shot at getting some is asking places like Stone brewery in Escondido when they are going to have Pliney in tap. That way you know you'll get the beer you want (instead of going to the bodega every week to check for Pliney just to watch someone grab the last one). And at breweries they don't limit you to one Pliney.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: Mr. Bojangles]
    #25124128 -

Mr. Bojangles said:
It is definitely one of those beers you want to try at Russian River.  The reason being that hop character in beer is the flavor that is most subject to deterioration over time; improper handling and storage, and sometimes packaging often contribute to an inferior beer compared to what it tastes like at the brewery.



I have noticed that sometimes I taste more hop flavor then others with the same beers. Even at breweries. I thought it was just my taste buds or something. I didnt know the flavor deteriorated.

On another note I found this distillery in Chicago. Its called Koval. Its all organic. Ive had their rye and four grain whiskeys. So good. Smooth and flavorful. Very pricey. An occasional treat.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ds442]
    #25124238 -

ds442 said:
Mr. Bojangles said:
It is definitely one of those beers you want to try at Russian River.  The reason being that hop character in beer is the flavor that is most subject to deterioration over time; improper handling and storage, and sometimes packaging often contribute to an inferior beer compared to what it tastes like at the brewery.



I have noticed that sometimes I taste more hop flavor then others with the same beers. Even at breweries. I thought it was just my taste buds or something. I didnt know the flavor deteriorated.



There's even a difference between cans in a 6-pack.  Most breweries' canning machines fill 6 open cans but only cap one or two at a time.  The first two get capped right away while those last two brews are  exposed to much more oxygen than the first two and impacting the flavor of the beer to a trained tongue.  Most packaging processes introduce oxygen to the beer; sometimes this is necessary for carbonation, sometimes it results in lackluster hop character and other off-flavors.  I'd like to say its all bottles and cans but the place pouring your draft beer probably doesn't clean their draft lines in a timely manner (if at all) or improperly poured your beer.  There are so many factors that go into a beer tasting good or shitty that if you want the true deal its best to go to the brewery IMO.  There are some very well run, and well respected beer bars that ensure their bases are covered, but you're still counting on the beer they serve to have traveled well.

BUT its something we live with.  Sipping on some Houblon Chouffe right now.  Slightly oxidized, but surprisingly not that bad, still very enjoyable.


--------------------
"It is dangerous to be right in matters on which the established authorities are wrong."

Francois-Marie Arouet

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: Mr. Bojangles]
    #25126109 -

That  Houblon Chouffe sounds good and they have it at Binnys. I love Belgian IPAs. They have one at my favorite brewery by me I get it all the time.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ds442]
    #25184839 -

Sounds like Flying Dog should within driving distance for you if you visited Dogfish.

They have a sick Ralph Steadman mural as you first walk into the brewery. And Steadman illustrations on the labels. Plus their beer has a solid backbone.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: apsinthos]
    #25190814 -

I've never been to Dogfish. I live near Chicago. I just drink their beer a lot.

Lagunitas in Chicago is pretty cool. The beers alright. When you walk in there is this long hallway you walk down. The walls are all painted with designs and there are black lights. They have the Willy Wonka and The Choclate Factory song playing on loop. It's pretty cool. I was high as hell when I went there.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ds442]
    #25191245 -

I did not like their 120min ipa esp when not cold as frost.
However, I like their other lines/brews.
I love craft beer
I'm an ipa fiend, only ipas
Particularly New England style

Cheers


--------------------
hmm...

"I'm naked and fearless... And my fear is naked."

"life isn't worth living without the threat of death"

"I got my plans in a ziploc bag, let's see how unproductive we can be"

"nobody lives their lives fully except for bull fighters"

My Trade List

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ashfiken]
    #25191588 -

I have never had the 120 minute. I have never seen it at stores. The 90 minute is great. If you haven't had the Burton Baton I would recommend it. It's an oak aged Imperial IPA. I love IPA's myself. I do drink other beers though too. I would also recommend Dark Horse's Double Crooked Tree. It's a double IPA. Good stuff.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ds442]
    #25192121 -

The 120 doesn’t really have anything that worth it over the 60 and 90. It’s just boozier.

I bought one once, aged it for a longtime. Had a couple sips. Then, set the glass on the edge of my bed like an idiot. Slid off. Broke the glass. Spilt beer everywhere. So, pissed, maybe I’m just bitter about that.

Midas Touch is one of the craziest one of theirs I ever had. They do some interesting things with their ingredients like using wine must and noble rot, and aging like using palo santo barrels and keeping bottles to age in reserves. Everyone once in awhile they go off the deepend at the storefront. Like throwing lobsters in the boil.

Sierra Nevada is of my go to brewers. They do IPAs right. Especially love waiting for Celebration to come out around Christmastime

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: apsinthos]
    #25193097 -

I believe I had Midas Touch before. Don't really remember.

Sierra Nevada is good stuff.

I was at a concert last night. Blacktop Mojo. Great new southern rock band. Locust Grove and Joyous Wolf also played and were good. It is a pretty cool little venue. You can sit at the bar and watch the show. It's not that far from the stage. Great food and a decent craft beer selection. I had Stone's Arrogant Bastard, Revolution's Anti-Hero, some Gun Craft IPA, Anthrax IPA, and a Belle's Oberon. I was smoking weed too. I was pretty lit up. Good time. I talked to some of the guys from Mojo and a singer from another band.

This gorgeous younger blonde gave me a smile and sat next to me at the bar. I was jamming to Locust Grove so I was going to talk to her after they finished playing. She left before they got done. Damn! She was one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen. I think she is a regular there so maybe I will see her again.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Any craft beer fans? [Re: ds442]
    #25193114 -

a week or two ago I had basically all the best breweries in the north east and a few diff vails. I also had the newest morph from nightshift which i thought was absolutely superb. u guys should pop over to post ur beer thread in the beer forum its been kinda dead lately Post ur thing thread

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate, Injection Grain Bag   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Home Brewing Beer Thread
( 1 2 all )
A3eyedfish 7,343 33 05/19/09 02:58 PM
by PoppinCaps
* I'm making root beer. Baby_Hitler 2,899 14 01/27/04 11:56 AM
by AuroricDistortions
* What kinda beer for Chick-can kronnyQ 1,515 8 04/22/05 12:33 AM
by fufungi
* Anyone who enjoys good beer
( 1 2 all )
mr_kite 5,357 20 09/16/03 08:16 AM
by shroomergurl
* Mushroom Beer
( 1 2 all )
sboss01 15,255 20 08/06/05 10:44 AM
by goobler
* BEER CAN CHICKEN ON THE BBQ. agar 2,514 9 12/16/04 05:40 AM
by agar
* Beer Cheese Soup
( 1 2 3 4 all )
sucklesworth 11,528 69 10/20/12 08:48 PM
by jw2234
* Pair cheese with beer daussaulit 2,533 15 01/23/06 05:32 PM
by TheCow

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, geokills, feevers
3,211 topic views. 0 members, 1 guests and 2 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.031 seconds spending 0.009 seconds on 20 queries.