Home | Community | Message Board

Kratom Eye
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]
Got prescribed SSRIs
    #25064110 -

Posted about my anxious nature earier. Got lots of good replies so just wanted to update. I went to the doctor today, I was diagnosed with severe depression, generalized anxiety, panic disorder. I got prescribed some Zoloft and clonodine. I haven’t taken any yet because I’m looking at the pros and cons. For one I don’t want to be zombified or have to rely on a pill to make me myself, I don’t want to have to go through the withdrawal of coming off it or worst of all not be able to do drugs anymore

I know it’s terrible but drugs are a part of me, they make me me. I love doing mdma and some cid every now and again but I also have very very bad anxiety that needs attention quick as it’s getting out of control. My doctor also told me to go to therapy and find the root of my anxiety

I think what brought this on was the other day when I was on mdma I had a very powerful moment for me. My eyes opened wide and I sat there speechless as all the things that traumatized me over my life was right in front of my eyes. When I was 10 I saw my sisters boyfriend OD on opiates and I had it replay perfectly in my head..

Since then I haven’t been the same and I’ve read sometimes on psychedelics or mdma you can actually remember these things and it can bring out mental disorders so idk if that’s what’s happening.

Idk if I should start these SSRIs or not. I fear if I don’t I won’t be able to live a normal life anymore. I’m on leave from work till monday and I really need to get over this anxiety for good

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Codeinecowboy] * 6
    #25064122 -

Throw them in the trash.


--------------------
:thumbup: :thumbdown:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Codeinecowboy]
    #25064134 -

Sounds like yer minds made up, good luck with side effects/withdrawal

If im going to do drugs that cause withdrawal ill be Damn sure theyre drugs that give me a good high afterall

Not to mention they won't be drugs whose side effects include an increase in suicidal thoughts

But thats just me, i have a kid to take care of, im not taking any ssris

And if they gave me benzos id use to go to sleep when i need or during the day when i wanted to forget about drinking

Otherwise i dont need their shitty drugs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Great Scott]
    #25064136 -

Great Scott said:
Throw them in the trash.



I agree

I think SSRIs are overall very damaging drugs to your mental health



But do what you want


--------------------
:sunny::inlove::peyotespectrum::peyotespectrum::inlove::sunny:
And to everyone who thinks life is just a game,
Do you like the part you are playing?
This is the time in life I am living!
And I face each day with a smile :smile:
My music Library of Synthesizer goodness

Edited by SunnyD (03/15/18 12:45 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Codeinecowboy] * 2
    #25064149 -

They helped me out a lot. IDK anything about clonidine, but Im on 5mg of lexapro

They dont turn you into a zombie(maybe youre thinking of anti-psychotics), And you don't really 'rely' on them, they just help. Taking an SSRI alone isnt going to fix your problems, depression or anxiety or whatever is. The most important thing is *doing* something with yourself. Don't sit on the computer all day and expect this drug to fix your problem(not saying you do that, just an example). find some hobbies or a job that keeps your body at least semi-active during the day, and something to do in the evening/night, like reading or building models or something. Try to get out and socialize on the weekends. And perhaps most importantly, quit doing drugs. Weed in particular made me very anxious for awhile before i stopped smoking it

If you do decide to take them, dont expect to notice a difference right away, they take awhile to make a noticeable difference. And if you decide not to, don't hide it from your doctor or whoever prescribed them.

Anyways, im not saying you should or should not take it, thats just my 2c on the matter

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Great Scott]
    #25064169 -

Listen here my friend , my life got ruined from those pills. Lost so many friends and trust from family members. Those pills tear your brain apart and make someone you're not. Mushrooms saved me from all those pills and saved my life. Please don't listen to those doctors. You know they get a cut for prescribing those pills... Medicine is a business too.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Codeinecowboy]
    #25064276 -

It sounds like the ssri would interfere with your ability to indulge on drugs and enjoy living life the way you want to. But it also sounds like the anxiety might be doing the same thing.

Have you told your doctor your concerns? Both with not being a zombie and still wanting to occasionally take drugs?

Can you do both but have it be a middle ground? (take the zoloft and taper off before taking other drugs and maybe do them less frequently since the taper will take time)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Great Scott]
    #25064296 -

Great Scott said:
Throw them in the trash.



My opinion as well.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Codeinecowboy]
    #25064310 -

You have to broil it down purely to the trade offs. Do you think you will be able to live a normal life without medicating? Are the side effects of a "normal" life with medication (not being able to indulge in drugs, being somewhat dependent, ect.) worth dealing with?

I don't think anyone else will be able to answer these questions for you, only give you more information if they've been on SSRI's before.

EDIT: grammar

Edited by Skellies (03/14/18 10:51 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Skellies] * 1
    #25064318 -

If you truly have anxiety, and only anxiety (and not something causing your anxiety that SSRIs treat) they wont help.

My (relatively good) advice is to not take them and learn how to cope with anxiety.

My (relatively bad) advice is to not take them, tell the doctor you took them and they didnt help, and ask about getting prescribed benzos.

SSRIs are garbage, and more often then not wont help anxiety, don't take them. If they DO help, they come with a whole new host of potential issues and side effects. Totally not worth it. Benzos may truly help with your anxiety, just dont get addicted to them.

Edit: and dont get my advice twisted. Im *not* recommending you start taking benzos. I'm just saying personally, I've been dealing with completely debilitating anxiety for years! 

3 months ago I got a prescription for xanax (it took 5 doctors and a year of trying to finally get someone who would prescribe it) having a bottle of xanax around REALLY helps because I know I can feel better quickly if life gets too intense, which has resulted in it not getting too intense!

I have 3 bottles now, only have taken 4 .5mg pills  in the last 3 months because im not abusing them, im truly using them to help me with a issue that can only be helped with benzos (personally). And making a point not to get addicted or use them as a crutch. I only take them when I feel its absolutely necessary.

Im just saying if you end up going the RX route, benzos are much better at helping anxiety then SSRIs, and can potentially be used without addiction.

Edited by xbloodwhipx (03/14/18 11:08 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: xbloodwhipx]
    #25064368 -

Just sober up for 6 months, stop cramming drugs into it

Your body will heal in its own time

sometimes you just need a break

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: MushMaggot]
    #25064392 -

If you need an anti depressant read up on Harmalas, they are very medicinal and very safe on their own though you have to avoid combining them with certain drugs especially stimulants and a lot of pills.

Quote:
In modern phytotherapy, P. harmala demonstrated numerous medicinal effects including cardiovascular, neurologic, antimicrobial, insecticidal, antineoplasmic, antiproliferative, gastrointestinal and antidiabetic effects.



Syrian Rue seeds are pretty cheap, and you can even find pure harmalas online for 10-20$ a gram. Rue has been used for thousands of years and is considered sacred in the Middle East.

It does take some safety precautions like I said but personally I'd be way more wary of SSRI's and synthetic anti depressants as they can have some really sketchy side effects.

Also as a bonus Harmalas can be psychedelic at higher 200-300mg doses though they also tend to cause nausea if you overdo it. They also synergize with things like cannabis and especially mushrooms which they can make 2-3x as potent as well as extend the duration considerably. So be careful and do plenty of research before mixing them with anything.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: musiclover420] * 4
    #25064428 -

OP. Your anxiety is not psychological. Your MDMA use has damaged your serotonergic neurons which regulates your response to stress and emotions. I would not be surprised if the SSRIs induced panic attacks. You need to stop using drugs. You are doing long term damage, MDMA is not an innocuous drug. If abused it will cause brain damage takes months and years to resolve.


--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Codeinecowboy] * 1
    #25064700 -

They didn't do shit for me and I used to be that knee shaker when doing speeches or holding hands.

Benzos pumped me up but I wasn't overly sociable on them, too tired and moped plus you defs can't drive on them.

0.2g of alpha blockers helped me overcome my anxious feelings, not the thoughts themselves just how I felt about them. Anymores just a pointless dose.

SSRIs are probably placebos. They might reduce the reuptake of serotonin but apparently it takes two weeks to take hold, and two weeks to get off.

Alpha blockers are one time use, if you got a speech, you have one an hour before and you don't feel as anxious, but you still are anxious. A few hours later it's out of your system. And a few days or weeks later when you're getting ready for an event you think you might feel panicked at, it can help then too.

Alpha blockers are like a spotter though, you don't rely on them, they are there to give you a hand to help you better yourself.

Still though this is all :imo: so do some research!


--------------------
I am whatever Darwin needs me to be.


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Codeinecowboy] * 3
    #25064719 -

SSRI's can be a very valuable tool to help alleviate severe anxiety/depression/OCD.  I had all three of these symptoms many years ago and was about ready to blow my brains out (at the time my migraine headaches were also at their worst and i was a psychological wreck).

I had to that point always held similar sentiments as expressed in some of the earlier posts in this thread, but all my efforts to use herbal supplements and yoga/meditation proved futile.  Sometimes inner/outer conditions and circumstances create a psychological state which is best treated with medicine created by 'The Man' (I'm reminded of the time i had a lingering Staph infection while at a Rainbow Gathering, with everyone telling me to try this or that herbal remedy, which did nothing and extended my suffering for an extra couple weeks until i finally went to the hospital and got treated with antibiotics which cleared it up in a week).

I'm not suggesting to rely on SSRI's permanently, as i was able to cycle on and off of them (i was taking Zoloft, along with Klonopin) until i was finally able to get back on my feet.  Also, i had no difficulty using substances such as acid, weed, and shrooms while on the meds once i got fully acclimated.


--------------------



Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Codeinecowboy]
    #25064778 -

You cant drink alcohol or take any drugs with then or you'll spiril out in about 6 months. Pharma dope can fuck your head up at its core.

Cant believe im saying this but listen to koods quit taking drugs. Go out camping for aweekend get out in nature and still to some good pot not that cash grab bullshit.

Mainly you needa quit thinking yourself into a spiril, why should worry about some guy you saw as an infant.


--------------------
(when my data is fast play Lemur in chess at chess.com)[ [gradient:#D40B29,#18C418]Any1 expecting a trade from me i havent forgot about you pinky promise, i fr promise shits just shit rt now[/gradient]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: LemurLemur]
    #25064796 -

I'm not a fan of ssris in general, but zoloft i hear is particularly evil. a good friend of mine always says he became basically a sociopath for a year while he was taking zoloft. I'm sure a lot of that goes down to the individual level but it seems like a drug that makes you kinda not give a fuck. hence why it's good for anxiety


--------------------


Connoisseur said:
oh ive cried on drugs

sunshine said:
Tragic.  I told the cop not to do it but he didn't listen.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: hex_enduction]
    #25064860 -

I was dependent for 12 years on ssris. Never again. Just take a bunch of vit d, magnesium, and zinc.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: morrowasted]
    #25065672 -

fucking orwellian media wont even talk about this story
had to find it on reddit
i mean it's putting two and two together money = bullshit
http://ushealthtimes.com/next-story-study-finds-that-big-pharma-completely-lied-about-serotonin-reuptake-inhibitors-ssri-for-depression/
don't know why I don't deserve rights because of what some asian said

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: Got prescribed SSRIs [Re: Codeinecowboy] * 6
    #25065727 -

I absolutely hate the stigma attached to pysch meds.

Yes, some people don't need to be prescribed psych medication that are. Yes, some people are misdiagnosed and given medication that aren't right for them. Yes, some people have adverse effects from the medication they are given. Yes, it takes some time to find the right medication.


But, for people who need pysch meds, it can save lives. To write it all off as poison is a toxic mentality have that can have catastrophic consequences.

I was against taking psych meds for the longest time because I was convinced it would kill my soul, that I wouldn't be able to create anymore, that it would turn me into a zombie but after a long time of destroying my life because of my mental illness, I finally gave it a shot. I went through some medication that did nothing for me, some medication that did more harm than good but I didn't give up. I finally found the medication that works for me and it saves me life every single day. Not only does it save my life but it greatly improves the quality of my life.

I don't have personal experience with SSRIs but I know people who may not be alive today or at least not functioning if not for them.

Un-treated and unmedicated mental illness destroyed my life worse than anything else ever has. And yes, I tried herbal supplements, mediation, self medicated in every single way you could possibly think of, every type of therapy you can think of.


Some people NEED medication and there's nothing wrong with that. Stop stigmatizing psych meds for those that need it.

Also, like I said in another thread, some people can take psych meds temporarily while they stabilize. Some people may need it for the rest of their lives. Everyone is different and there is nothing wrong with that.


--------------------
"Go placidly amid the noise and haste, and remember what peace there may be in silence. As far as possible, without surrender, be on good terms with all persons. Speak your truth quietly and clearly; and listen to others, even to the dull and the ignorant, they too have their story."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 |  [ show all ]

Shop: Sporeworks.EU Spores for European Microscopy   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* I honestly think that I have anxiety. *DELETED* Coffee 2,069 18 01/23/09 06:44 PM
by jazzillion
* GOD DAMNIT ANXIETY
( 1 2 all )
subiedude 4,290 28 06/02/09 10:43 PM
by Crasher
* Herbal Remedies for Anxiety?
( 1 2 3 all )
OneMoreRobot3021 7,462 51 11/17/06 03:14 PM
by SneakyFijian420
* Going to see a Therapist
( 1 2 all )
AJ4U 3,901 20 02/16/07 07:38 PM
by AJ4U
* I just got prescribed... *DELETED*
( 1 2 3 all )
shadyy 4,578 50 11/27/08 07:34 PM
by it stars saddam
* Anxiety attacks, and how you deal with em?
( 1 2 3 4 5 6 all )
Modizu 12,097 103 08/09/09 12:43 PM
by niteowl
* thinking about cutting ssris
( 1 2 all )
Zinglons Acolyte 2,991 38 02/20/08 11:26 PM
by AlteredAgain
* Anxiety-Doctors Appointment soon
( 1 2 all )
402Camaro 5,424 32 12/31/08 02:32 AM
by AloneInKyoto27

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
1,193 topic views. 2 members, 11 guests and 90 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.032 seconds spending 0.01 seconds on 18 queries.