Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dirty Jersey
Going to see a Therapist
    #6575122 - 02/16/07 04:06 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

So im going for my first ever visit to a Therapist Monday. Iv never been to anything like this and it was suggested by my dad, why im not sure but w/e. So anything i should know about them, what i should expect from them, do they give out prescriptions. I'm not to positive i want to admit to being pretty depressed every now and then and have to go on anti depressants. I'v heard nothing good about them from this board.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleKid_Orgo
 User Gallery

Loc: Hale-Bopp
Re: Going to see a Therapist [Re: AJ4U]
    #6575134 - 02/16/07 04:13 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I'm sure you'll hear all kinds of "Modern medicine is evil" shit, but if we listened to those people we'd starve to death when our teeth wore out.

A therapist just listens to you and asks you questions. You talk about shit. Maybe it'll help you, maybe it won't.

I'm not sure if they prescribe stuff, but I mean, eh. Most depression has a pretty rational root, maybe you'll figure something out.

Just go in in an open state of mind.

--------------------
He was a cowboy in one of the seven days a week fights. No business, no hangout; no friends, nothing; just what you pick up and what you need.

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to see a Therapist [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #6575136 - 02/16/07 04:14 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I do plan to but with my defenses up i guess like someone said. I dont think il admit to any past drug experinces on a first time visit or anything like that. Im not sure what il say iv had so much shit happen in my life.

--------------------

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #6575328 - 02/16/07 05:20 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

be honest with the guy, he's not gonna rat you out and it will help him and
yourself in your sessions, even about the drug use

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: Going to see a Therapist [Re: Kid_Orgo]
    #6575380 - 02/16/07 05:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Kid_Orgo said:
"Modern medicine is evil"

:smile: you read my mind.

but yeah. there is law of doctor patient confidentiality so tell the truth about everything, why not?

if you are going to go don't lie. I assume your an adult and don't need to make excuses for your actions or lie about them. I have been to a decent therapist long ago. She wasn't the type that could prescribe drugs and never recommended them.

I WOULD NEVER recommend anti-depresants. IF it were me going and they tried to prescribe them to me, I would simply decline. But this is you, not me. So...

Make the most of it and just shoot the shit. If you are lieing about things chances are he will get a very distorted picture of what your about.

OfflineTrancedShroom
Mr. Hanky
Male User Gallery

Loc: Rippin Waves
Re: Going to see a Therapist [Re: daytripper05]
    #6575388 - 02/16/07 05:40 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I wonder if you tell them that you use drugs if they will prescribe medications(drugs) to you?

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Going to see a Therapist [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6575392 - 02/16/07 05:41 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

hahaha...good point.

i think I personally would like to talk to a professional therapists again about mushrooms. i might teach them something they don't know.

:evil:

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #6575445 - 02/16/07 05:52 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

anything you tell a doctor can be used against u, (like if u want to join the army) so don't tell them about drugs you've used

OfflineTrancedShroom
Mr. Hanky
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to see a Therapist [Re: sleepy]
    #6575481 - 02/16/07 05:59 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

If it is a hot doctor......tell her you have always fantasized about sex with a Therapist. Tell her it is a often reoccuring dream.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6575533 - 02/16/07 06:14 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sleepy said:
anything you tell a doctor can be used against u, (like if u want to join the army) so don't tell them about drugs you've used

I would NEVER EVER join ANY armed service. Not only that, but I would never pass the physical. (I am deaf in my right ear)

There is a doctor patient confidentiality LAW. (Assuming your in america) Tell the therapist whatever you want. I, myself, and only speaking for myself, would get satisfaction about shooting the shit with a therapist about my beliefs. And I would not hestitate to tell a therapist about my drug usage(which only consists of mushies, bud, and occasional LSD)

Invisiblesleepy
zZzZzZzZz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #6575566 - 02/16/07 06:24 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

there is an exception to the law

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #6575580 - 02/16/07 06:26 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

the exception being the military or other government job?

I was under the impression you couldn't get in any type of legal trouble, for regular citizens, for telling doctors shit.

OfflineSCleROTiUM_LICK
ResearchedFiction Writer

#6575661 - 02/16/07 06:46 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

"I've never been to anything like this and it was suggested by my dad, why im not sure but w/e."

So you don't even know why you would be going to therapy? Do not go into this experience as a curiosity quencher. A therapist is programmed to help you change. If you're not sure about wanting to change something, don't go. Even if you go just to find out what the buzz is about, the therapist will read your visitation as a desire to change and if you don't decide up front how you want to change, the therapist will choose something for you. And they have their ways of dragging you along for the ride. Believe me.

On the otherhand, if you know you WANT to be less depressed, then therapy is a no-brainer, especially if Dad, state, etc is footing the bills. Hope it works. Be open with your therapist, though. Why should you "have to" go on anything? Do you not have a say so? If this therapist can't offer a "talking cure" and you are sure that is what you want instead of medicine, find another one who does. Do you know his/her name? Look at their website or in the phonebook. Find out what letters or medical titles they advertise. Google those terms and see if prescription medicine is indicated. Some therapists are licensed to prescribe medicine, others are not. It depends on their titles.

--------------------

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Going to see a Therapist [Re: SCleROTiUM_LICK]
    #6575687 - 02/16/07 06:51 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

just as a personal note.

right after I got out of high school and dropped out of college I got "depressed".

I found the gift of mushrooms and all the depressed thoughts went away perminately. I realized depression was in the mind, and the mind can overcome anything, especially when the mind is the root of the problem.

I very simple aid to getting rid of depression w/out mushrooms is nature. Anytime I feel bad I go outside and spend a few hours with my dog in the woods. I always feel like just before I go out that I wont feel any better. But this is all in the mind. I have learned that if I make myself do it, it figure out w/e is wrong. There has not been one single time that nature didn't give me a clear head.

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
    #6575719 - 02/16/07 07:00 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sleepy said:

Totally untrue.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisiblebadchad
Mad Scientist

Re: Going to see a Therapist [Re: Hanky]
    #6575819 - 02/16/07 07:29 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, it's doctor patient confidentiality.

The only time a doctor can reveal any info about you is if you are going to physically harm yourself or others.

If you're going to a psychologist, don't worry about drugs he/she cannot prescribe them. Only psychiatrists can write prescriptions.

--------------------
...the whole experience is (and is as) a profound piece of knowledge.  It is an indellible experience; it is forever known.  I have known myself in a way I doubt I would have ever occurred except as it did.

Smith, P.  Bull. Menninger Clinic (1959) 23:20-27; p. 27.

...most subjects find the experience valuable, some find it frightening, and many say that is it uniquely lovely.

Osmond, H.  Annals, NY Acad Science (1957) 66:418-434; p.436

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to see a Therapist [Re: Hanky]
    #6575826 - 02/16/07 07:32 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

I experinced my first mush trip a few weeks ago and it was a great ride and i was doing good till these last days or two. I believe if i had access to more shrooms, so rare around here, i could do alittle bit more with myself :smile:

--------------------

Offlinea2ndopinion
a real smart ass
Female

#6575839 - 02/16/07 07:35 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

only a psychiatrist or a medical doc can write a prescription. a therapist, social worker, or psychologist cannot.

--------------------
Boo, you whore.

OfflineTrancedShroom
Mr. Hanky
Male User Gallery

#6575840 - 02/16/07 07:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Grow them, they are easy.

--------------------

InvisibleDNKYD
Turtle!

#6575843 - 02/16/07 07:36 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

sleepy said:

Think before you open your mouth. There is something called doctor-patient confidentiality. I know that last one is a long word but if you crack open a dictionary I'm sure you'll figure it out.

OfflineAJ4U
Cloud N9ne
Male User Gallery

Re: Going to see a Therapist [Re: TrancedShroom]
    #6575854 - 02/16/07 07:38 PM (17 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

TrancedShroom said:
Grow them, they are easy.

I would but im low on money as it is, and like i said i still live with dad at the time.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract