Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Re: Herbal Remedies for Anxiety? [Re: SourceLimit]
    #5243644 - 01/30/06 07:24 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Your take on it. I'm not saying they are placebos but they're not very effective and might as well be.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Everywhere
Re: Herbal Remedies for Anxiety? [Re: DocPsilocybin]
    #5243670 - 01/30/06 07:29 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

When it comes to this, im sorry but the doc is right. And as im sure any real hrebalist knows, herbal remidies are really 100% effective when the patient doesnt consume alchohol, caffeine, or any other stimulants. I did say I am a herbalist, which means that of course I believe in the healing power of plants. But, as a sufferer of severe anxiety, I have yet to find an herb that helps as good as my xanax's.

InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
    #5243677 - 01/30/06 07:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Your right, all them herbs and natural remedies are placebos.

Especially Mushrooms/ Marijuana / Opium...

And nootropics are synthetic chemicals

Edited by SourceLimit (01/30/06 07:33 PM)

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Herbal Remedies for Anxiety? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5243678 - 01/30/06 07:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

I forgot something...The only herbal supplement ive found that helped, was a very strong ginseng tea. But, that remotely helped.

OfflineMisterMyco
Myco-fanatic
Male

Re: Herbal Remedies for Anxiety? [Re: OneMoreRobot3021]
    #5243680 - 01/30/06 07:30 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

If you are requiring some external substance on a regular basis to keep you mentally balanced or focused, it doesn't matter whether it's DrugCo's newest patent designer drug or a root from an organic farm in South America. Sometimes I use certain aromatherapy oils to relax me, but if you have to drink a natural tea every few hours to stay calm, you are just covering up the problem. You should be introspective and find out what the source of this anxiety is. I find that a good long run in the morning helps to loosen up my neck muscles, which tense up when I'm anxious. Meditation helps too.

--------------------
"I have never, in all my life, not for one moment, been tempted toward religion of any kind. The fact is that I feel no spiritual void. I have my philosophy of life, which does not include any aspect of the supernatural."
Isaac Asimov

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Herbal Remedies for Anxiety? [Re: MisterMyco]
    #5243693 - 01/30/06 07:33 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

My anxiety stems from a condition known as hypothyroidism. I had to undergo radiation, to kill my thyroids. Ever since, my body chemistry has been a see-saw.

InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
Re: Herbal Remedies for Anxiety? [Re: FungusMan]
    #5243706 - 01/30/06 07:36 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

My mother has this...perhaps I should get checked

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

Re: Herbal Remedies for Anxiety? [Re: SourceLimit]
    #5243733 - 01/30/06 07:41 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

SourceLimit said:
Your right, all them herbs and natural remedies are placebos.

Especially Mushrooms/ Marijuana / Opium...

And nootropics are synthetic chemicals

Quote:

Your take on it. I'm not saying they are placebos but they're not very effective and might as well be.

Just in case you didn't catch that post. To sum it up what I'm saying is any effective drug found in a plant has been isolated and extracted by scientists/companies. For example caffeine, aspirin, etc. The ones that haven't been isolated aren't as effective and therefore don't interest companies. Not to mention their effects are not always well documented.

But really, if you want to treat anxiety with herbal remedies don't let me stop you. It didn't work for me but maybe it'll work for you.

--------------------
-- Booker T. Washington

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#5243746 - 01/30/06 07:43 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

FungusMan said:
My anxiety stems from a condition known as hypothyroidism. I had to undergo radiation, to kill my thyroids. Ever since, my body chemistry has been a see-saw.

Can that be considered bi-polar? Or...?

--------------------
-- Booker T. Washington

InvisibleFungusMan
I81U812
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #5243758 - 01/30/06 07:46 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

No, its called HYPOTHYROIDISM,lol. When you can drop 30lbs in 3 days, then gain it right back in 2, its a nice indication of what else is going on inside me,lol.

InvisibleSourceLimit
Above TheirInfluence
    #5243789 - 01/30/06 07:52 PM (18 years, 1 month ago)

my sister and mother have hypothyroid now that I think about it :[

OfflineSneakyFijian420
3..2...1....Contact
Re: Herbal Remedies for Anxiety? [Re: XUL]
    #6294251 - 11/17/06 03:14 PM (17 years, 4 months ago)

My family is from the Nausori township on the main island of viti levu. I have had a lot of experience with kava & Fijian kava is the best bar none first off. Secondly to be fully enjoyed you must acquire a very mature root, the older the root the more potentcy. 5+ years would be optimal. Next you need to pound and pulverize the root while it is still Very fresh. Same day as harvesting the roots would be absolute best. For the pounding of the root you need to get a version of something similar to a steel butter churn. Basically a heavy plunger which can smash the root in a contained environment. Then when you made the soupy mush put it in the bowl you will hold it in and mix it with non-chlorinated water. Mix it thoroughly in the water and let it seep out all of its goodness. At this point remove the root pulp; leaving the muddy slightly thick and brownish tan water. (In Fiji bannana leaves are rolled and used as the straining device to remove the pulp, you can use your own method, but the idea is mainly to really get a good smashing in the "churn" so after the pulp is removed there are no lil bits of fibers in the solution.) Lastly drink about about 20 coconut shell halfs of this stuff and you'll be out of this world for quite some time. It is highly pleasurable experience, and does miracles to kill anxiety if you are able to get a good product and follow these directions exactly.
P.S.- One note of info. - Consumed at this level of potentcy it can be become highly freaking addictive. Also if consumed regularly for a long long period of time you can develop a skin disorder called "Kani Kani" in Fiji. It makes the skin on your hands and arms crack and get all hard and thick like rawhide. That shit is disguisting,. and only happens to the real die hard Kava'holics who ingest stuff on this purity/fresh on the regular. One last word to the wise once you start to feel the "trip" from it, you should be aware that your motor functions especially butter legs will be an immediate side-effect of the trip setting in. If you ever go and look up a picture anywhere online of a real Fijian kava ceremony, the partakers are all always seated and stay seated sitting indian style on ceremonial mats. Reason being,. if you get real intoxicated on the kava, your already in your place and your not going anywhere soon. If you don't believe me, check it out. Not one picuture out there will ever show kava being drunk whilst standing up if at a traditional ceremony. Also you should always hold the "bilo"=(half cocconut shell/ cup) with both hands out of respect as well as pass it back to the tender with both hands. Don't ever set the bowl on the ground either, highly desrepectful! The only other thing I can think of is as one person drinks from the bilo, all the others there clap in unison until the bilo is empty.
Any more questions? email me Kavaman1@hotmail.com

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies