Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
more and more sites are starting to use cryptocurrency mining scripts
    #25030636 -

Many of them use all of your CPUs resources, constantly pushing your device to the limit for no reason (other than to benefit themselves).

If they give you a heads up and you don't mind, then fine, but a lot of them don't.


There are different ways to block this, such as browser extensions like NoCoin or even AdBlock (with AdBlock you have to manually enter

Quote:
https://coin-hive.com/lib/coinhive.min.js




into your blocked urls list).



Anyway, just thought I'd throw this out there.


--------------------

ga ga ga eets eets how you gone be mad on vacation?
MONICA COULDN'T TELL TIME UNTIL SHE WAS 13

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more and more sites are starting to use cryptocurrency mining scripts [Re: shadyy]
    #25030653 -

It's nice when they tell you and do this instead of advertisements.

Imagine mobile sites/apps doing this with people's phone data :uhoh:


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more and more sites are starting to use cryptocurrency mining scripts [Re: musiclover420]
    #25030658 -

This website does this.


--------------------
Edited by TNK (02/22/22 22:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more and more sites are starting to use cryptocurrency mining scripts [Re: shadyy] * 1
    #25030660 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more and more sites are starting to use cryptocurrency mining scripts [Re: TNK]
    #25030666 -

TNK said:
This website does this.



Isn't it optional though? There was also a stickied post for awhile telling everyone.


--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: more and more sites are starting to use cryptocurrency mining scripts [Re: TNK]
    #25030676 -


Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* A Must for Firefox Users. Adblock tosatori 1,666 14 03/03/09 10:47 PM
by IR0NHYM0N
* Coolest cryptocurrency addresses? teknix 245 2 02/05/14 06:50 PM
by teknix
* Masturbation!?
( 1 2 all )
Roger_irrelevant 17,881 31 10/04/13 02:39 PM
by mpd
* ftp sites oDin 680 4 07/25/03 02:27 AM
by oDin
* *Bush disrespecting Canada (I'm starting to love you guys)*
( 1 2 3 all )
spacedragon 9,173 48 09/13/03 12:02 PM
by Gus
* Starting a McDonald's Franchise!
( 1 2 all )
Scarfmeister 7,440 37 09/13/06 10:34 PM
by Redstorm
* mine and 3DSHROOMS's new kittens
( 1 2 all )
Sammi 3,739 39 08/24/03 07:22 PM
by Little Shroom
* Help with starting a band
( 1 2 all )
LearyfanS 3,285 20 03/11/03 08:15 AM
by JonnyOnTheSpot

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: Entire Staff
241 topic views. 0 members, 69 guests and 71 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.024 seconds spending 0.008 seconds on 16 queries.