Home | Community | Message Board


This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.


Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook-
    #2458352 -

them?


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook- [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2458421 -

Salt, pepper, sear them very lightly, slice and put on top with a microgreen salad with a vinagarette.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook- [Re: daussaulit]
    #2458460 -

Ive tried the lite sear and My favorite is to have only a small bit of raw in the middle.


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook- [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2458809 -

I enjoy eating sushi and sashimi, and I really don't like canned tuna anymore. Since I like tuna raw, I'll also suggest a tuna tartare. Or for a "cooked" dish you could make a ceviche.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook- [Re: daussaulit]
    #2459189 -

na man dont make ceviche with fish.yea "cooked"  cause only crappy places cook it i hate that,but i think u mean like soaked jus tin lime.only with shrimp i think its good.


anyway. i had soem kick ass tuna steak little while ago. medium rare with some creamy mustard sauce on it. dam thats good. if u can find a recipe try it :smile: sounds kinda gross at first but its dam tasty.

peace


--------------------
And Moses Said "Let my mushrooms grow!"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook- [Re: the man]
    #2459667 -

Quote:
i had soem kick ass tuna steak little while ago. medium rare with some creamy mustard sauce on it. dam thats good. if u can find a recipe try it :smile: sounds kinda gross at first but its dam tasty.




Ewww.  Why are people soo hooked on eating tuna raw?  I know that the melting point of the tuna is low enough to melt in your mouth and it releases the natural flavors without cooking but its just got no character to it when you eat it mostly raw.

Medium rare is the only way to go for a good tuna experience.  A nice seasoned outer crust, a warm and juicy cooked center layer and just a small bit of rawness in the middle no more than 1/4 inch thick.


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook- [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2460205 -

raw tuna tastes like raw beef and therefore raw tuna is good


--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook- [Re: Senor_Doobie]
    #2460296 -

Well Ive decided to go with my own creation because I dont want to go to the store and get anything special for this..

Sooo, I am going to take out my herb and spice collection.  I will actualy soak a bunch of dry herbs in a bit of water, red wine vinegar and soy and then strain. 

First I will season the Tuna with a litely spicy dry rub of salt,pepper, cumin, red pepper and chili powder.  then a nice rub of extra virgin olive oil followed by a good herb crust.

Herb crust will be made from just about all the herbs you can think of.  I have an entire rack and since Im gona soak them in water and vinegar through a coffee strainer they wont overpower anything but lend a nice flavor like good herbs should.  And they wont burn when I sear the tuna steaks.

My Sauce will be made with fresh lemons from my aunts lemon tree, garlic and butter. 

The distinction between the tuna and the sauce will give make for a good eating experience because one can mess with more or less or none at all for diferent flavors.  Just like how people eat bites of vegetables with their meat to see how it tastes

I havnt decideed if I want to go with a pasta or rice side though? 

Im not sure what frozen vegetables I have in the garage?  I hope I have a bag of frozen squash left :smile2:


--------------------
GabbaDj

FAMM.ORG             

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook- [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2460641 -

I would take the steak crack pepper corns onto a plate and add sesame and salt.
press the mixture into every side of the flesh coating it in pepper and sesame.
Get a pan realy hot. add a little oil. and pan sear till outer 1/4 is white. cook on all 4 sides. serve with fleshy red cool senter. With a wasabi, soy, sesame oil, and green onion dipping souce. Serve with a nice seaweed salad. Or cucumber salad.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook- [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2461021 -

GabbaDj said:
Quote:
i had soem kick ass tuna steak little while ago. medium rare with some creamy mustard sauce on it. dam thats good. if u can find a recipe try it :smile: sounds kinda gross at first but its dam tasty.




Ewww.  Why are people soo hooked on eating tuna raw?



You want cooked tuna?  It comes in a can or pouch at your grocery store.  If you have damn great tuna steaks, sashimi grade, then your suppose to eat it very rare.  I guess its like oysters, like if you had some really great oysters, very fresh from clean waters, why should you cook it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook [Re: daussaulit]
    #2462436 -

because they taste like snot?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook- [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2462916 -

mmmmm squash:homer drooling icon:

as for the fish although youve
already decided( a intriguing choice i might add)
I would say
pan fry
with montreal steak seasoning
cooked in butter and lemon juice..

I just ate some cod filets like this
and they were excellent.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Re: I gots some damn great tuna steaks.. How should I cook- [Re: GabbaDj]
    #2462966 -

Quote:
Ive tried the lite sear and My favorite is to have only a small bit of raw in the middle.




I'd have to agree. That is damn tasty.

FH

*clothes cause cancer*


--------------------
2004: The year telemarketing started to shrivel up like a cold pair of nuts.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Original Sensible Seeds Shop: High THC Strains


Similar ThreadsPosterViewsRepliesLast post
* Apartment style Steak almost like grilling. Stein 1,582 5 11/06/03 08:07 PM
by eve69
* The best way to cook salmon steaks
( 1 2 all )
TheOneYouKnow 4,540 20 10/18/12 11:41 AM
by Pony
* Easy Tuna Casserole fit for a Hobo. (w/pics) Stein 1,477 5 10/01/03 01:48 PM
by Shroomism
* steak and chips shirley knott 1,577 2 08/27/03 12:01 PM
by khemfusion
* Black and Tan Steak. GabbaDj 1,488 4 11/21/03 09:30 PM
by geokills
* How do you cook rice?
( 1 2 all )
zeta 6,129 22 11/17/03 02:02 PM
by boO
* Tuna Fish Sandwich ShroomismM 2,380 15 10/11/03 03:51 AM
by longshot
* Easy and delicious tuna spread daba 2,048 11 10/07/04 11:16 AM
by Stein

Extra information
You cannot start new topics / You cannot reply to topics
HTML is disabled / BBCode is enabled
Moderator: trendal, geokills, feevers
1,560 topic views. 0 members, 0 guests and 1 web crawlers are browsing this forum.
[ Show Images Only | Sort by Score | Print Topic ]
Search this thread:

Copyright 1997-2026 Mind Media. Some rights reserved.

Generated in 0.022 seconds spending 0.004 seconds on 14 queries.