Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?

Loc: Lost In Space
Today is the anniversary.....
    #2419817 - 03/11/04 05:36 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

....of when Clinton said this......

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans." (Bill Clinton showing his true colors, quoted in USA Today)

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
Re: Today is the anniversary..... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2419846 - 03/11/04 05:44 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Are you sure that's not a mis-quote? Other sources (1,2,3) show it to be:

"We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans to legitimately own handguns and rifles ..."

Quite a difference I think.

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
Re: Today is the anniversary..... [Re: Edame]
    #2419886 - 03/11/04 05:54 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

equally frightening though...

boy, all those clinton supporters are really
going to have to eat crow now.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
Re: Today is the anniversary..... [Re: afoaf]
    #2419920 - 03/11/04 06:05 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

We should hire some.

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2419930 - 03/11/04 06:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Thanks. When I copied and pasted it I assumed the source (left hand column) had used the entire quote.
Funny thing is, paste the quote as I have it in a google and all the links I posted show it this way....

We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans...

Notice the ... , how sleazy.

Still, a very scary statement when a Pres says that the rights of Americans are something to not be concerned over.

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Edited by luvdemshrooms (03/11/04 06:09 PM)

Invisibleluvdemshrooms

#2420028 - 03/11/04 06:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

A double thanks. While looking I stumbled across these gems.....

When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans, it was assumed that the Americans who had that freedom would use it responsibly.... [However, now] there's a lot of irresponsibility. And so a lot of people say there's too much freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it.

You can't say you love your country and hate your government.

The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people.

No one wants to get this (Lewinsky) matter behind us more than I do, except maybe all the rest of the American people, Sounds like GW

African-Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do.
Also sounds like GW

You know the one thing that's wrong with this country? Everyone gets a chance to have their fair say.

It depends on what the meaning of the word 'is' is. My personal favorite.

--------------------

InvisibleEdame
gone

Loc: outta here
    #2420042 - 03/11/04 06:48 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

African-Americans watch the same news at night that ordinary Americans do.   :lol: :lol: :lol:

--------------------
The above is an extract from my fictional novel, "The random postings of Edame".
:tongue:

In the beginning was the word. And man could not handle the word, and the hearing of the word, and he asked God to take away his ears so that he might live in peace without having to hear words which might upset his equinamity or corrupt the unblemished purity of his conscience.

And God, hearing this desperate plea from His creation, wrinkled His mighty brow for a moment and then leaned down toward man, beckoning that he should come close so as to hear all that was about to be revealed to him.

"Fuck you," He whispered, and frowned upon the pathetic supplicant before retreating to His heavens.

Anonymous

#2425445 - 03/12/04 11:01 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

to be fair, that quote is taken a little out of context. the full statement is just as bad though if you ask me.

some other good ones:

"When we got organized as a country and we wrote a fairly radical Constitution with a radical Bill of Rights, giving a radical amount of individual freedom to Americans, it was assumed that the Americans who had that freedom would use it responsibly ... [Now] there's a lot of irresponsibility. And so a lot of people say there's too much freedom. When personal freedom's being abused, you have to move to limit it."

"If the personal freedoms guaranteed by the Constitution inhibit the government's ability to govern the people, we should look to limit those guarantees."

"There is no reason for anyone in this country- anyone except a police officer or military person- to buy, to own, to have, to use a handgun. The only way to control handgun use in this country is to prohibit the guns."

"The purpose of government is to rein in the rights of the people."

"I think the definition [of an impeachable offense] should include any criminal acts, plus a willful failure of the President to fulfill his duty to uphold and execute the laws of the United States. The third factor that I think constitutes an impeachable offense would be willful, reckless behavior in office, just totally incompetent conduct in the office and the disregard of the necessities that the office demands."

"If a President of the United States ever lied to the American people he should resign."

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Today is the anniversary..... [Re: ]
    #2425607 - 03/13/04 12:20 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, I was more than a little disappointed with Clinton too...His mouth was just too big, for one thing!

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: Today is the anniversary..... [Re: Le_Canard]
    #2425612 - 03/13/04 12:24 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I thought Monica had the big mouth...

and the big ass.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

InvisibleLe_Canard
Danger Man
 User Gallery

Loc: Earthfarm 1 Flag
Re: Today is the anniversary..... [Re: Evolving]
    #2425629 - 03/13/04 12:33 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well, true, but Willy also had her hoo-haw confused with a humidor! :laugh:

Anonymous

#2425687 - 03/13/04 12:51 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion