Home | Community | Message Board

Marijuana Demystified
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineJammer
Computers areMORE Addictive!

Loc: (God's Country) - USA
Heads Up! - FBI Issues 9/11 Anniversary Alert -
    #873234 - 09/09/02 09:11 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

-FBI Issues 9/11 Anniversary Alert-

I?m sure that this will come to no suprise, but now it?s official! Here is the full report from ABCNews Politics:

FBI Warns Police, Power Companies, Transportation Agencies of Possible Threats on 9/11 Anniversary

W A S H I N G T O N, Sept. 9 ? The FBI is warning local police and the U.S. utility, banking and transportation industries of a steady stream of threats mentioning New York, Washington and the anniversary of the Sept. 11 attacks.

U.S. military bases and diplomatic missions worldwide are also being placed on high alert for the week, officials say. The U.S. Embassy in Jakarta was closed Monday because of a specific threat against it.

The flurry of incoming threats picked up by intelligence sources is challenging the FBI to determine which might be credible. But while officials say they have no specific details of an impending attack, the government is taking no chances.

White House press secretary Ari Fleischer said Monday the threat of new attacks remains a worry to U.S. officials.

"Anniversaries can be not necessarily always can be occasions for heightened terrorist activity," Fleischer said. "Just given the fact that it?s a one-year anniversary, we?re going to be on our toes."

Last week, the FBI posted a bulletin on a Web site and sent a message over a private law enforcement bulletin system advising a state of alert on Sept. 11.

The police bulletin was sent Wednesday, according to a law enforcement official who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The Web site bulletin was posted by the FBI?s National Infrastructure Protection Center, which assesses threats and passes warnings to local infrastructure companies and agencies. Banks, trucking companies, power companies, utility companies and transportation companies are in the network that the FBI communicates with through Internet bulletins.

Other events mentioned on the Web site as warranting heightened awareness include the Sept. 10-20 U.N. General Assembly session in New York and the Sept. 25-29 World Bank and International Monetary Fund meetings in Washington.

"A large volume of threats of undetermined reliability continues to be received and investigated by the FBI," the bulletin said. "Several of these threats make reference to the events of Sept. 11, 2001, and to New York City and Washington, D.C."

The warnings are based on information from all U.S. intelligence sources, from telephone calls to interviews with detainees at the U.S. Naval Base in Guantanamo Bay, Cuba, according to a senior law enforcement official.

Information from detainees, most of whom have been out of circulation for months, has proven false before. U.S. officials have said they act on it only when corroborated through multiple sources, but believe advising caution still is necessary.

In the run-up to the Sept. 11 anniversary, U.S. intelligence agencies have detected a marked increase in terrorist "chatter" that is, monitored communications and other information used as a barometer of the likelihood of potential attacks.

Recent terror plots in Afghanistan and Germany, however, have not been linked to al-Qaida, said a U.S. counterterrorism official, speaking Monday on condition of anonymity.

In Germany, a Turkish man and his American fiancee, arrested last week on suspicion of plotting to bomb a U.S. military base in Heidelberg, are thought to have been inspired by Osama bin Laden, but U.S. officials doubt the pair is connected to the organization.

If that?s the case, counterterror officials worry that the Turk, Osman Petmezci, and his fiancee, Astrid Eyzaguirre, may represent a new kind of threat wrought by the spectacular nature of the Sept. 11 attacks people who have had no contact with al-Qaida but are moved to action by bin Laden.

U.S. military bases went on alert Monday out of an abundance of caution and not in response to any specific threat, government officials said.

At the State Department, spokesman Richard Boucher said a cable was sent to all diplomatic posts advising them to maintain a higher state of alert Wednesday. A worldwide July 1 caution urging Americans to take extra care remains in effect.

Along with the close of the embassy in Jakarta, the consulate in Surabaya was closed and officals said the U.S. Embassy in Manila was a source of concern.

The FBI bulletin did not cite specific intelligence of an attack at the United Nations but said such a New York City event in the general time frame of the Sept. 11 anniversary "represents a potentially attractive target for terrorists."

The bulletin said the World Bank demonstrations are planned by a "loose alliance of left-wing groups" and could result in property damage.

President Bush will mark Wednesday?s anniversary of the attacks with a speech to the nation, followed by an address Thursday to the U.N. General Assembly.

On The Net: NIPC: NIPC: http://www.nipc.gov/publications/infobulletins/2002/ib02-007.htm

This report can be found in the Politics section of ABCNews.com
here.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (09/09/02 10:04 PM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineLarrythescaryrexS
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
Re: Heads Up! - FBI Issues 9/11 Anniversary Alert - [Re: Jammer]
    #873263 - 09/09/02 09:28 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

yousa people gonna die?

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineJammer

Re: Heads Up! - FBI Issues 9/11 Anniversary Alert - [Re: Larrythescaryrex]
    #873289 - 09/09/02 09:47 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Wha?

Like, dont they have any Americans where you live at in "South Central.... Indiana"

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (09/09/02 10:05 PM)

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #873787 - 09/10/02 06:43 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Guess it proves that bombing little brown people isn't the best way of defending ourselves against terrorism. 12 months on and every member of al-qieda is alive and well and the taliban - who warned us Osama was planning a major attack - are gone and replaced by an even more savage bunch of warlords.

Good work studs...I hope everyone feels a whole lot safer..

--------------------
Don't worry, B. Caapi

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Loc: Amerika
Re: Heads Up! - FBI Issues 9/11 Anniversary Alert - [Re: Xlea321]
    #873845 - 09/10/02 07:11 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I think I would feel a lot safer if I moved to Canada. Safer from terrorists and safer from my own government.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

There is such emotion in the distortion.

InvisibleFrog31337
Stranger

Loc: Midwest, US
    #874011 - 09/10/02 08:22 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

>yousa people gonna die?

Thanks Jar-Jar  :tongue:

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Loc: Crackerville, Michigan U...
Re: Heads Up! - FBI Issues 9/11 Anniversary Alert - [Re: Xlea321]
    #874065 - 09/10/02 08:47 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

****Guess it proves that bombing little brown people isn't the best way of defending ourselves against terrorism****

brown people are the best when it comes to dropping bombs...

man you're like a broken record

****12 months on and every member of al-qieda is alive and well and the taliban ****

What? every member isn't alive you dolt

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Words of Wisdom: Individual Rights BEFORE Collective Rights

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Heads Up! - FBI Issues 9/11 Anniversary Alert - [Re: 1stimer]
    #874069 - 09/10/02 08:48 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

see ya..don't let the door hit you on the way out :smirk:

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." -- Thomas Jefferson

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
Re: Heads Up! - FBI Issues 9/11 Anniversary Alert - [Re: Innvertigo]
    #874082 - 09/10/02 08:53 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

If i ever did leave i would lock the freaken door behind me to keep the dea out. all the while you're in jail for who knows what in americas 1984 society.

--------------------
ash dingy donker mo gollyhopper patty popiton rockstop bueno mayo riggedy jig bobber johnathan pattywhacker gogboob t-shirt monkey.

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#874093 - 09/10/02 08:56 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

you're an enlightened one.....

make sure your tin foil helmet is in place...

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Invisible1stimer
Religion=Rape
    #874129 - 09/10/02 09:12 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

nope, no tin foil here. just common sense and a search for freedom. i don't proclaim any loyalty to a government, just loyalty towards freedom and i will go wherever its most prevalant. sorry if you want to stay in a second class pseudo-free society but i dont.

--------------------

OfflineJammer

#874342 - 09/10/02 11:10 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

The media is now reporting that the fbi is now calling this a code orange alert (one step below a red alert)- In fact I just heard that the vice President might be cancelling all apointments and put in "hiding".

I have just changed my travel plans for tommorow.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

OfflineLarrythescaryrexS
teardrop on the fire
Male User Gallery

Loc: further down the spiral
    #874361 - 09/10/02 11:19 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

I ain't sceered!

--------------------
RIP Acidic_Sloth

Sunset_Mission said:
"larry the scary rex
verily scary when thoroughly vexed
invoke the shadows and dust, cast a hex
mercifully massacring memories masterfully
relocate from Ur to 8th density and become a cosmic bully
mulder and scully couldn't decipher his glyphs
invoke the shadows and dust, smoke infernal spliffs"
April 24th 2011

OfflineJammer

#874369 - 09/10/02 11:22 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Well, in seeing the wife and I cant see "eye to eye" I was planing on moving out tommorow. However, after hearing about this latest code orange warning I figure that I'm gonna lay around and see if any cities get blown up first before I hit the interstate.

--------------------
>>Jammer>>

Edited by Jammer (09/10/02 11:23 AM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#874428 - 09/10/02 11:42 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

You should study up on Canada before you claim you want more freedom...have you noticed the taxes and sub standard medical system..good luck.

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

#874433 - 09/10/02 11:44 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

are you moving out or getting the boot?..i hope neither

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #874442 - 09/10/02 11:49 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

In reply to:

You should study up on Canada before you claim you want more freedom...have you noticed the taxes and sub standard medical system..good luck.

I feel dumber just from reading that. Have you ever actually experienced the medical system here? Or are you just spouting off what you've heard from somewhere else? As you would say...please cite your source. I have been in need of medical care quite a few times, and I don't have one negative thing to say about our system. The taxes are relatively high in comparison to the U.S....that is true, but our standard of living is also higher.

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Heads Up! - FBI Issues 9/11 Anniversary Alert - [Re: Rono]
    #874469 - 09/10/02 11:57 AM (14 years, 10 months ago)

****I feel dumber just from reading that. Have you ever actually experienced the medical system here?****

As a matter of fact i have. We have a whole hockey rink of Canadians that come across the border everyday to see our doctors because they don't have to wait in line..Socialized medicine only works if you're not in a hurry..sorry but that system blows chunks.

****As you would say...please cite your source****

Socialiced medicine is my source..there are many books on it if you care to read them We had a small taste of it when Hillary tried to push it through....

****I have been in need of medical care quite a few times, and I don't have one negative thing to say about our system.****

Wait until it's life threatening...you'll wait in line....or be sent over here for help.

****The taxes are relatively high in comparison to the U.S....that is true, but our standard of living is also higher. ****

Your standard of living is higher? You have got to be out of your Gourd!!! What standard of living are you talking about? Your standard of living is cheaper not better...which city are you refering too? Toronto? Vancouver, Montreal Calgary, etc.?

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

OfflineRonoS
DSYSB since '01
Male User Gallery

Loc: Calgary, Alberta
    #874491 - 09/10/02 12:03 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

Okay..so this is what you're saying...correct me if I'm mistaken.

1) You have not personally experienced our medical system.
2) You don't have a citable source.
3) What you've said is only your opinion..not necessarily fact.
4) You disagree that Canadas standard of living is higher than the U.S.

Does that pretty much sum it up?

--------------------
"Life has never been weird enough for my liking"

Edited by Rono (09/10/02 12:04 PM)

InvisibleInnvertigo
Vote Libertarian!!
Male

Re: Heads Up! - FBI Issues 9/11 Anniversary Alert - [Re: Rono]
    #874511 - 09/10/02 12:15 PM (14 years, 10 months ago)

****1) You have not personally experienced our medical system.****

I haven't experienced the moon but i know a lot about it...I'm an american how can i experience it...but i do know what socialized medicine is. It's funny how you never argued my descriptions

****2) You don't have a citable source.****

You want me to cite my opinion? okay (innvertigo, 2002)

****3) What you've said is only your opinion..not necessarily fact****

See answer for number 2.....my opinion is right. You also have substandard doctors (innvertigo, 2002)

****4) You disagree that Canadas standard of living is higher than the U.S.*****

You never answered my question. What are you basing this standard of living on? A millionare in Zambia may have a better standard of living than a millionare living in New York....but you'd never get me to live in Zambia. Why not answer that before you start you fact search

***Does that pretty much sum it up?***

pretty much....you Canadians are silly, but i wouldn't want to live there

--------------------

America....FUCK YEAH!!!

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop: ½ Pint Jars

General Interest >> Political Discussion