Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Loc: maryland Flag
Romans 14:1-23
    #2414416 - 03/10/04 11:59 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

This chapter means alot to me, basicly it's about how we should live and let live and there's nothing really wrong in this world Because God made it and was good in his eyes, It's all about how you look at things, ya know?

My brothers are very much into the whole straight edge thing (no drugs, no meat,), so i've pretty much kept my ideas on those things to myself and never argued with them about it, and this chapter brings me comfort with my beliefs.

Romans 14:1-23

Don't Criticize Others

1Welcome all the Lord's followers, even those whose faith is weak. Don't criticize them for having beliefs that are different from yours. 2Some think it is all right to eat anything, while those whose faith is weak will eat only vegetables. 3But you should not criticize others for eating or for not eating. After all, God welcomes everyone. 4What right do you have to criticize someone else's servants? Only their Lord can decide if they are doing right, and the Lord will make sure that they do right.
5Some of the Lord's followers think one day is more important than another. Others think all days are the same. But each of you should make up your own mind. 6Any followers who count one day more important than another day do it to honor their Lord. And any followers who eat meat give thanks to God, just like the ones who don't eat meat.

7Whether we live or die, it must be for God, rather than for ourselves. 8Whether we live or die, it must be for the Lord. Alive or dead, we still belong to the Lord. 9This is because Christ died and rose to life, so that he would be the Lord of the dead and of the living. 10Why do you criticize other followers of the Lord? Why do you look down on them? The day is coming when God will judge all of us. 11In the Scriptures God says,
"I swear by my very life
that everyone will kneel down
and praise my name!"
12And so, each of us must give an account to God for what we do.

Don't Cause Problems for Others

13We must stop judging others. We must also make up our minds not to upset anyone's faith. 14The Lord Jesus has made it clear to me that God considers all foods fit to eat. But if you think some foods are unfit to eat, then for you they are not fit.
15If you are hurting others by the foods you eat, you are not guided by love. Don't let your appetite destroy someone Christ died for. 16Don't let your right to eat bring shame to Christ. 17God's kingdom isn't about eating and drinking. It is about pleasing God, about living in peace, and about true happiness. All this comes from the Holy Spirit. 18If you serve Christ in this way, you will please God and be respected by people. 19We should try [1] to live at peace and help each other have a strong faith. 20Don't let your appetite destroy what God has done. All foods are fit to eat, but it is wrong to cause problems for others by what you eat. 21It is best not to eat meat or drink wine or do anything else that causes problems for other followers of the Lord. 22What you believe about these things should be kept between you and God. You are fortunate, if your actions don't make you have doubts. 23But if you do have doubts about what you eat, you are going against your beliefs. And you know that is wrong, because anything you do against your beliefs is sin.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Romans 14:1-23 [Re: JCoke]
    #2414435 - 03/10/04 12:08 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

It was a bible study, and that passage "Don't Cause Problems for Others", that caused me to see a problem with Christians, in general.

For instance, in my family, you shouldn't own rock and roll music, because it was satanic. Same with those kitchen witches. I know recently that one of my sisters wouldn't let her son read the Harry Potter books, nor see the movie.

The problem is that they think that if something is Satanic for them, it is Satanic for everyone.

But it was that bible passage that you cited that cleared it up for me. It's ALL good, as long as it doesn't hurt your spiritual walk. If the Harry Potter book could cause my sister to fall in her faith, then no, she shouldn't read it and I shouldn't bring the book into her home.

But that doesn't mean I'm a sinner because I read the book or see the movie. Some of us are stronger than others in our faith.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflinekREATION1
kяедτιסи1

#2416366 - 03/10/04 08:13 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

2Some think it is all right to eat anything, while those whose faith is weak will eat only vegetables.

so if someone doesnt eat meat, there faith is weak? is that what there saying?

--------------------
"an immigrant from heaven on earth with a work visa"

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

Re: Romans 14:1-23 [Re: kREATION1]
    #2416452 - 03/10/04 08:41 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

it's not a sin to have a weak faith or to be simple minded, but like frog said about if something makes you fall from faith it's a sin, even though someone else does it without seeing the harm in it, so to him it's not a sin,

what the hell am i talking about? does that make sense? i'm tripping right and trying so hard to talk real, but i dont know what?

this is why you should'nt trip on computers

OfflineJCoke
dream observer
Male

#2416455 - 03/10/04 08:42 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

why did i post that up there? should have waitied till next day,

i'll turn off the pc and go listen to beefheart now.

sorry.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology