Home | Community | Message Board

FreeSpores.com
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Sublime

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblespud
I'm so fly.

#998644 - 10/28/02 12:45 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

read this shite bout da number 23:

Aliens
23 Annunaki, the number of the original advance team of "aliens" who aided in the seeding of life on this planet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Apollo Lunar Landings 1 & 2
First landing on the Moon was in the Sea of Tranquility, 23.63 degrees East. Second landing was in the Ocean of Storms, 23.42 degrees West. Notice the names of the picked sights and how they contrast. Note: First two landings were Apollo 11 & 12 (11+12= 23). Just exactly what does know?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alphabet: The letter W
W is the 23 letter of this alphabet. The symbol for that letter is two points down and three points up.

April 23
William Shakespeare was born and died on this date. Most of Shakespeare is known to us through the first folio published in 1623.

Biorythm
The human biorhythm cycle is generally 23 days. One measures a circle beginning anywhere.

Blood Circulation
It takes 23 seconds for blood to circulate through the human body.

In the epic cartoon _Yellow Submarine_ the Blue Meenies are comprised of a wild pack of destructive anti-music villains. Among them is a character named the Butterfly Stomper (butterfly being a symbol of transformation). The Butterfly Stomper is one who destroys all things of beauty. On his shirt is the number 23...

604 track _Blue Moonies_ MP3 by Process off of _One Drop Or Two_

Burrough's 23 Enigma
In the early '60's in Tangiers, William Burroughs knew a certain "Captain Clark" who ran a ferry from Tangiers to Spain. One day, Clark said to Burroughs that he'd been running the ferry 23 years without an accident. That very day the ferry sank, killing Clark and everyone aboard. In the evening, Burroughs was thinking about this when he turned on the radio. The first newscast headlined the crash of an airline plane on the New York-Miami route. The pilot was another Captain Clark and the flight was listed as Flight 23 (ala the line "Captain Clark welcomes you aboard.").

Chromosome Pairs
The human body has 46 chromosomes, which are paired, in somatic cells. Generative cells have half this number, 23, which is the number of chromosomes each parents gives to human DNA.

Mathematics
23 Axioms in Euclid's Geometry.

Knights Templar
The Templars had only 23 Grandmasters. Jacques de Molay was the 23rd and last of the Templar Grandmasters. "Jacques de Molay, thou art unhinged!"

Video
After the Rodney King verdict, a Korean shopkeeper during the L.A riots can be clearly seen shooting at looters from the roof of a building in front of a large sign proclaiming the number 23 and nothing else.

Latin Alphabet
There are 23 letters in the Latin alphabet

TV
Max Headroom broadcast on Network 23.

Nissan brand cars
Nissan is a brand of Japanese cars. In Japanese, "ni" is 2, and "san" is 3. So Nissan would be 23.

Pookah!
In the film version (titled Alice) of Lewis Carroll's classic _Alice in Wonderland_ by the
Czech director/animator Jan Svankmejer, Alice's taxidermically stuffed rabbit flings open the door by dressing itself and running 'away'. The case that holds the white rabbit (i.e. Pookah (i.e. one who takes you OUT)) is labeled "No. 23".

Mathematics: Primes
23 is the first prime number in which both digits are prime numbers and add up to another prime number.

Qabala
In the Qabalistic Tree of Life the 23rd path is associated with the Hanged Man Tarot Card. Aleister Crowley also states that this card represents the concept that the only way OUT is WITHIN.

Rave scene
23 HOP is the club where the Toronto rave scene was created.

TV: Cartoons
Popeye is seen repeatedly pondering the number 23 in many of his 1970's TV Cartoons.

Film: _Star Wars_
In the final assault on the Death Star, Luke Skywalker is in Red 5. Red 2 and Red 3 start the bomb runs at 23 degrees. "Stay on target!"

Film: _Star Wars_
AA-23
designation of the detention block on the first Death Star used to imprison Princess Leia. It was located on Level 5.

Computers: TCP/IP
Standard TCP/IP port for Telnet is 23.

In the movie _THX1138_ (1970) (faces: Robert Duvall and Donald Pleasance - directed by George Lucas and produced by Francis Ford Coppala), the main police droid is number 23.

Church of the Process
Famed church, espoused by Skinny Puppy and Psychic TV, which regards 23 as a special number of great significance.

Freemasons
The address of the Freemasons lodge in Stafford, England is 23 Jaol Rd. In New York it is on 23rd street.

Physics: Tidal WaveFrequency
On average every 23rd wave crashing to shore is twice as large as normal.

Money: U.S. Coinage
There are exactly 23 plainly visible characters (letters & numbers) on the front of U.S. Coins.

The Earth is tilted at an angle of 23.5 degrees (At the moment)

film: _Unbearable Lightness Of Being_
The characters had stopped in a doorway, as the Russian tanks rolled into the city. The number on the doorway was 23.

tv series - _Kung Fu_ episode #23 - _The Tong_
Caine helps a missionary woman rescue a Chinese boy from slavery to a member of the Dragon of Retribution Tong.

Microsoft
There are 23 buildings on the Microsoft campus in Redmond, Washington.

Astronomy: Sirius
The "Dog Days" of summer begin on July 23rd when the star Sirius ( the brightest star in our Summer sky), first rises from behind the sun in the Constellation of Canis Major.

The pattern of DNA shows irregular connections at every 23rd section (angtroms).
Humans have 23 vertebra running down their main bit.
Blood circulates the body on average every 23 seconds.
the 23rd letter in the Greek alphabet is Psi
The 23rd hexagram of the I-Ching signifies chaos, Disintegration.

Early compatriots of Cabaret Voltaire and Throbbing Gristle on Britain's experimental/industrial scene, 23 Skidoo pursued an improvisational fusion of ethnicdrumming and post-punk dance on their few recordings of the early '80s. Named after a mysterious Illuminati phrase that appeared in the work of Aleister Crowley, William Burroughs and filmmaker Julian Biggs, the group formed in London around brothers (and martial-arts experts) Alex and Johnny Turnbull and Fritz Catlin (aka Fritz Haamann). Influenced by Fela Kuti and the emerging New York hip-hop scene, 23 Skidoo released their first single _Ethics_ in 1980. For their second, the band recorded at Cabaret Voltaire's Western Works with Genesis P-Orridge of Throbbing Gristle helping out on production.
In 1982, 23 Skidoo released the mini-LP _Seven Songs_ and the _Tearing Up the Plans_ EP for the Fetish label (also home to recordings by Throbbing Gristle and Clock DVA).

After replacing their nominal rhythm section with bassist Sketch (who shared the trio's aesthetic), the band continued with 1983's _The Culling Is Coming_ and 1984's _Urban Gamelan_. Their varied influences and occasionally sublime sound confused many critics and listeners, who expected all industrial groups to be as loud and chaoticas the emerging Test Dept. or Einsturzende Neubaten. Even after disbanding in 1984 however, 23 Skidoo continued recording together sporadically during the rest of the decade, and the quartet -- the Turnbulls plus Catlin and Sketch -- formed their own Ronin label in 1989. Though no material from the band appeared in the '90s, they did several remixes and recorded for advertisers including Nike, Wrangler, and Smirnoff. Finally, in 2000, 23 Skidoo released a new, self-titled album for Virgin.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineGazzBut
Refraction

Loc: London UK
Re: 23 [Re: spud]
    #999383 - 10/28/02 09:31 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

Do you or anybody else out there know of any of these kinds of things related to the number 27?

2+3 = 5
2-7 = -5

--------------------
Always Smi2le

OfflineDiscordja
Pope

Loc: Atlantic Canada
Re: 23 [Re: GazzBut]
    #999413 - 10/28/02 09:56 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

23 you say?

MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

HA!

*Ahem*

Sorry. Just another Maniacal Monday....

--------------------
Remember, it's only true if it makes you laugh...

InvisibleRevelation

User Gallery

Loc: heart cave
    #999481 - 10/28/02 10:46 AM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I still think that if you look for a number you will find it everywhere. So what if all those things are related to the number 23? What is the relationship between them?

--------------------

Offlinepsilo25
The one stuck inthe middle ofthis hopelessmess.

Loc: over here
    #1000184 - 10/28/02 03:55 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

9/11/2001.....

9 + 11 + 2 + 0 + 0 + 1 = 23

--------------------
Stand up for your freedoms, join the fight against the War on Drugs!

www.drcnet.org
www.drugpolicyalliance.org
www.drugsense.org

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #1000248 - 10/28/02 04:24 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

But isn't the meaning of life 24? ;-)

-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
you can make any number seem trippy and mysterious

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinepsilo25

Re: 23 [Re: Strumpling]
    #1000284 - 10/28/02 04:42 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------

www.drcnet.org
www.drugsense.org

OfflineBowlKiller
----
Re: 23 [Re: psilo25]
    #1000318 - 10/28/02 04:54 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

anyone 23 yrs old?

--------------------
----

Offlinepsilo25

Re: 23 [Re: BowlKiller]
    #1000321 - 10/28/02 04:56 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I'll be turning 23 in about a month... :wink:

--------------------

www.drcnet.org
www.drugsense.org

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
    #1000341 - 10/28/02 05:04 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

I found out today that  the weight of LSD in molecular units is 323.

After reading R.A.W's Cosmic Trigger I noticed that a highway I'd traveled on almost every day of my life that ran through my home town was highway 23.  :smirk:

Offlinepsilo25

Re: 23 [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1000394 - 10/28/02 05:25 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

The number 17 is also extremely important and fundamental to the universe. Look closely...you'll see the number 17 everywhere. (While you're at it, check out the number 56.......)

--------------------

www.drcnet.org
www.drugsense.org

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1000446 - 10/28/02 05:46 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

yeah!! yeah 69, 375, and 0 are also vital. Research these numbers.

edit #1 (addition): and yes sorry about that I meant 42 in referance to the meaning of life - HHGTTG
-=- Matt/Strumpling -=-
as well as 7 and 11.

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Edited by Strumpling (10/28/02 05:48 PM)

InvisibleEvolving
Resident Cynic

Loc: Apt #6, The Village
Re: 23 [Re: Strumpling]
    #1000552 - 10/28/02 06:20 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

May I suggest that the number 1 is omnipresent and of greater cosmic significance than all your silly other numbers.

--------------------
To call humans 'rational beings' does injustice to the term, 'rational.'  Humans are capable of rational thought, but it is not their essence.  Humans are animals, beasts with complex brains.  Humans, more often than not, utilize their cerebrum to rationalize what their primal instincts, their preconceived notions, and their emotional desires have presented as goals - humans are rationalizing beings.

OfflineKemist
Soul ComponentsPrototype IssueM11983MF50 (x_x)

Loc: The Orgin
Re: 23 [Re: Evolving]
    #1000573 - 10/28/02 06:30 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

YOUR ALL WRONG

31!

--------------------
Rafa (x_X)

fuck a sig

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #1000592 - 10/28/02 06:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

no way man its 1.42

--------------------

OfflineAdamist
ℚṲℰϟ✞ЇѺℵ ℛ∃Åʟḯ†У
Male User Gallery

Loc: Bloomington, IN
    #1000871 - 10/28/02 08:39 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

0 is the Mother Of All Things, the great Yoni...

1 is the Father Of All Things, the great Phallus...

All things arise from their union.

--------------------
:heartpump: { { { ṧ◎ηḯ¢ αʟ¢ℌ℮мƴ } } } :heartpump:

OfflineMurex
Reality Hacker

Loc: Traped in a shell.
Re: 23 [Re: Adamist]
    #1001026 - 10/28/02 09:38 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

A number is just a number. One is not more important than another (or 2 for that matter).

:tongue:

--------------------
What if everything around you
Isn't quite as it seems?
What if all the world you think you know,
Is an elaborate dream?
And if you look at your reflection,
Is it all you want it to be?

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
Re: 23 [Re: Murex]
    #1001133 - 10/28/02 10:19 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

A number is just a number. One is not more important than another (or 2 for that matter).

BLASPHEMY!!!

j/k

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Invisibledee_N_ae
\/\/¡†¢h |-|øµ§³ ¢å†
Male User Gallery

Loc: The Shadow of Neptune
Re: 23 [Re: Sclorch]
    #1001190 - 10/28/02 10:43 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

When I came to view the forum just now this thread had 123 views and 17 replies.  :tongue: 

OfflineLlamanose
The llama knows

Re: 23 [Re: dee_N_ae]
    #1001214 - 10/28/02 10:49 PM (14 years, 1 month ago)

There used to be a sci-fi, conspiracy type of radio show that came on in my town on sundays, once they did an entire show about the "23" phenomenon.  How 23 is the chaos number and whatnot.  Kinda interesting, but i don't think I buy it.  :grin: 

--------------------
Alice came to a fork in the road.  "Which road do I take?" she asked.
"Where do you want to go?" responded the Cheshire cat.
"I don't know," Alice answered.
"Then," said the cat, "it doesn't matter."
~Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: Sublime

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology