Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Loc: BC Canada
Haiti. What's the revolution about?
    #2389961 - 03/01/04 12:46 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
  -I'd rather have a frontal lobotomy than a bottle in front of me

CANADIAN CENTER FOR POLICY ALTERNATIVES

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

Re: Haiti. What's the revolution about? [Re: carbonhoots]
    #2390838 - 03/01/04 10:39 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

http://www.taipeitimes.com/News/edit/archives/2004/03/01/2003100742

Apparently, the U.S. government only promotes giving billions in aid to countries with an oil supply they need an excuse to steal. What a sick world.

Anonymous

Re: Haiti. What's the revolution about? [Re: TrueBrode]
    #2390854 - 03/01/04 10:43 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

:smirk:

not giving another country a free ticket!? how dare those americans! scum of the earth i tell you...

this, like everything else, is obviously their doing. greedy capitalist warmongering pigs.

OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Re: Haiti. What's the revolution about? [Re: ]
    #2390979 - 03/01/04 11:31 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well, Aristide finally did what Saddam Hussein did, and stepped down. More accurately, he fled.

I fear it will make no damn difference to those poor bastards. The next one to seize the reigns of power in that shithole will fuck the Haitians over as badly as any of the previous strongmen who ran that country for the half a millenium of its existence. It seems to make no difference there whether the leader is elected or not -- Aristide was the first ever democratically elected Haitian leader -- the Haitian people never get a break.

The place is doomed.

pinky

--------------------

Offlined33p
Welcome to Violence

Loc: the shores of Tripoli
Re: Haiti. What's the revolution about? [Re: Phred]
    #2391549 - 03/01/04 02:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It their fault really. By cutting down their forests they turned haiti into a desolate wasteland. The domanicans on the other hand have keep their country in very good condition. It sad kinda.

--------------------
I'm a nihilist. Lets be friends.

bang bang

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2391664 - 03/01/04 02:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Are you that thick? We're spending over 100 billion dollars rebuilding Iraq while we told the IMF not to give any aid to a country living in extreme poverty. Don't you see how spiritually sick that is?

Anonymous

#2392064 - 03/01/04 05:42 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

read about aristide's regime from a few other sources. this is a good thing. he had to go.

we bombed iraq pretty hard and now we need to put it in working shape so the world can have cheap oil energy. haiti's just a shithole. haiti's problems are their own. we don't cause any of their problems by neglecting to send them aid.

OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
    #2392112 - 03/01/04 05:57 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TrueBrode said:
Are you that thick? We're spending over 100 billion dollars rebuilding Iraq while we told the IMF not to give any aid to a country living in extreme poverty. Don't you see how spiritually sick that is?

We have a responsibility to Iraq. We don't to the Haitians. Geez, you interfere, you are a capitalist warmonngering pig, you don't interfere, and it's spiritually sick. why is it that nowhere on earth acn negro's do well?

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

Re: Haiti. What's the revolution about? [Re: TheOneYouKnow]
    #2392133 - 03/01/04 06:02 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Read a little a bit of the history in the first link- we interfered, this didn't happen overnight, and it didn't start with current Bush administration.

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

#2392150 - 03/01/04 06:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah I'll grant you that Aristide wasn't a good man, but should the people of his country suffer because the U.S. likes to play chess with their government and deny much needed aid from the IMF. Maybe, even probably, Haiti would still be a shithole, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't help. Haiti isn't the only country that experiences this, and true, we cannot go around the world pouring money into every country that's struggling, but we were involved with Haiti, I think we have some sort of an obligation to those people.

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
    #2392252 - 03/01/04 06:39 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Do you honestly think this link, MADRE, has any credibility as either journalism or historical scholarship. These people are insane liars.

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2392600 - 03/01/04 08:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

for those who dare question bush's handling of haiti:

Venezuelan President Hugo Chavez called President Bush an "a--hole."

He also threatened to cut off oil supplies to the United States if it tries to invade or blockade Venezuela, which is its fourth-largest oil supplier.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=st...nm/venezuela_dc

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Re: Haiti. What's the revolution about? [Re: d33p]
    #2392649 - 03/01/04 08:50 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

It their fault really. By cutting down their forests they turned haiti into a desolate wasteland. The domanicans on the other hand have keep their country in very good condition. It sad kinda

Fault aside, if this was a communist revolution, the USA would of sent a big army there long ago to "keep the peace" or some other excuse.

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#2394672 - 03/02/04 10:52 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That's not true. Chavez is a commie and we didn't, and still haven't touched him. It's the citizens of his country who hate him. Not all but close enough to half to cause him a problem

--------------------

Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

#2394700 - 03/02/04 10:58 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I just read more of MADRE and I gotta say that if you buy this shit you are insane and beyond the reach of either modern or primitive drugs. Have fun. I think the phrase lunatic fringe was invented for them. See Brad Pitt in "Twelve Monkeys." "Raving and drooling I fell on his neck with a scream," Roger Waters

--------------------

Invisiblecarbonhoots
old hand

Re: Haiti. What's the revolution about? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2394716 - 03/02/04 11:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

I just read more of MADRE and I gotta say that if you buy this shit you are insane and beyond the reach of either modern or primitive drugs. Have fun. I think the phrase lunatic fringe was invented for them. See Brad Pitt in "Twelve Monkeys." "Raving and drooling I fell on his neck with a scream," Roger Waters 

:nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut: :nut:

I am so sure.

What do find so nutty about MADRE?  What's your angle?  You sound just like some kind of spokesman for a right-wing paramilitary group.  Maybe you should shoot me. 

--------------------

Edited by carbonhoots (03/02/04 11:17 AM)

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
Re: Haiti. What's the revolution about? [Re: zappaisgod]
    #2395039 - 03/02/04 12:40 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

That's not true. Chavez is a commie and we didn't, and still haven't touched him. It's the citizens of his country who hate him. Not all but close enough to half to cause him a problem

Do a little research.

Of course, another big mystery that is on everyone?s mind here in Venezuela is the extent to which the U.S. government was involved. There is little doubt now that the U.S. government has been supporting the Venezuelan opposition financially and through advice, as recent New York Times and Washington Post articles have reported. The National Endowment for Democracy, a US government funded institution known for its support of anti-progressive forces throughout the world, has provided nearly $1 million to Chavez? opposition in 2001, with another $1 million in the pipeline for 2002. Also, as Wayne Madsen, a former National Security Agency intelligence officer, reports, the U.S. Navy had stationed ships off of the coast of Venezuela to monitor troop movements and report these to the officers involved in the coup attempt. Assuming that the coup was carefully planned down into the last detail and not merely a coincidence of events, as the coup supporters here claim, one has to also assume that there was a central coordinating force behind this normally uncoordinated and fragmented opposition movement. Whether the U.S. government played that coordinating role or exactly how involved the U.S. really was we will probably not find out for certain until the relevant documents are declassified decades from now. http://www.zmag.org/content/LatinAmerica/wilpertaftcoup.cfm

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

Jump to top Pages: 1