Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Offlinezappaisgod
horrid asshole

Loc: Fractallife's gym
Re: banks rip off haiti relief funds... [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #11834184 - 01/15/10 10:17 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

That's like $120 per person per month.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: banks rip off haiti relief funds... [Re: zappaisgod]
    #11834228 - 01/15/10 10:27 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah, their population was a lot larger than I thought it would be.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: banks rip off haiti relief funds... [Re: Redstorm]
    #11834260 - 01/15/10 10:35 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Redstorm said:
Quote:

it'll be equal to their GDP for the year

Not even close.  As on 2008, their GDP was estimated at $11.5B.  There's no way in hell they're getting that much.

google public data has them at just under $7bn with a GNP of $11.5bn

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: banks rip off haiti relief funds... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11834350 - 01/15/10 10:55 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

What year is that from? I pulled the data from the CIA World Factbook.

OfflineRedstorm
Prince of Bugs
Male

Folding@home Statistics
    #11834359 - 01/15/10 10:58 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

NM, it looks like your was corrected for today's USD, while mine was 2008 dollars.  Yours would be the correct one, then.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
    #11834446 - 01/15/10 11:15 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

it was a lucky guess

Offlinejimbotron
Patty-Cake Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: banks rip off haiti relief funds... [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #11834745 - 01/15/10 12:13 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

It's funny, after a few decades of credit card use you'd think they'd have the overhead at less than 3 cents on the dollar by now. Maybe the computers that process them aren't Energy Star certified...

--------------------
BEST TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE

Offlinejimbotron
Patty-Cake Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: banks rip off haiti relief funds... [Re: jimbotron]
    #11839562 - 01/16/10 04:09 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

By way of contrast, the telecoms are sending all the money donated via text message immediately and out of their own pockets, instead of waiting for everyone to pay their bills.

--------------------
BEST TEAM IN THE UNIVERSE

Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: banks rip off haiti relief funds... [Re: jimbotron]
    #11839765 - 01/16/10 06:02 AM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

jimbotron said:
It's funny, after a few decades of credit card use you'd think they'd have the overhead at less than 3 cents on the dollar by now. Maybe the computers that process them aren't Energy Star certified...

What makes you think, seeing as they make money from the overhead, that they want to lower it at all?

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: banks rip off haiti relief funds... [Re: Annapurna1]
    #11841420 - 01/16/10 01:44 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Slightly related, but worth the lulz:

Quote:

"I know a lot of people want to send blankets or water. Just send your cash," said Bush, who made his first visit to the Oval Office since leaving the White House in January 2009.

InvisibleTherian
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: banks rip off haiti relief funds... [Re: Adden]
    #11895477 - 01/24/10 11:19 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

dont be a dick?

we have 30 million out of work, a congress that's working on passing tax
bill after tax bill and we're looking at the biggest spender in US history
who's about to dump $100mil into a country where hurricanes and
earthquakes normally cause improvements as opposed to paying the rent

In this case I couldn't agree with #1 more. Obama stated he or we rather will assist rebuilding their country. If you believe it is only going to cost us 100 mil then you're deluding yourself. Haiti stated they needed another 100 million MRE's from the government to feed their people for the next 37 days. 1 MRE costs the U.S. government $7.25, do the math on the food alone. Has anyone here ever worked a construction job? These people are going to need re-bar, millions of tons of concrete, copper for wiring, plumbing, (I'm sure all their sewer and water lines will need to be replaced, roads repaved, etc. Look at what it costs to build just one house, now multiply it by hundreds of thousands. Do you know what it cost to run large earth moving equipment for the hour, We are going to be paying far more than what was stated.

I can't wait for the inevitable influx of immigrants that we will have here on welfare/sucking away resources from us that we can't afford to give away. Maybe Obamas aunt has a two bedroom apt. that she can share with a few dozen Haitians. I don't give a rats ass if its $11 dollars per citizen, as long as we have communities imploding and people here homeless we shouldn't be giving anything away. If someone wants to give let them do so, just don't force the rest of us. If you want to see citizens of a city with rampant homelessness, soaring crime rates, hunger, lack of medical attention, lack of employment, schools that have literally crumbled and are covered with lead paint, then go no further than Detroit. I'm sick of the American people being as the worlds welfare providers, especially when so many here are already suffering. I'm surprised Obama hasn't stated all the new green jobs that will be created by helping Haiti, thus offsetting the cost of this aid. Perhaps we could use dead Haitians for bio fuel, or sell their bloated bodies to the Cubans and Mexicans as makeshift inner tubes/sailing vessels to come to this country illegally.

Offlinehockeyplyr1057
Music Lover
Male

Re: banks rip off haiti relief funds... [Re: Therian]
    #11914866 - 01/27/10 09:22 PM (14 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Therian said:
Quote:

dont be a dick?

we have 30 million out of work, a congress that's working on passing tax
bill after tax bill and we're looking at the biggest spender in US history
who's about to dump $100mil into a country where hurricanes and
earthquakes normally cause improvements as opposed to paying the rent

In this case I couldn't agree with #1 more. Obama stated he or we rather will assist rebuilding their country. If you believe it is only going to cost us 100 mil then you're deluding yourself. Haiti stated they needed another 100 million MRE's from the government to feed their people for the next 37 days. 1 MRE costs the U.S. government $7.25, do the math on the food alone. Has anyone here ever worked a construction job? These people are going to need re-bar, millions of tons of concrete, copper for wiring, plumbing, (I'm sure all their sewer and water lines will need to be replaced, roads repaved, etc. Look at what it costs to build just one house, now multiply it by hundreds of thousands. Do you know what it cost to run large earth moving equipment for the hour, We are going to be paying far more than what was stated.

I can't wait for the inevitable influx of immigrants that we will have here on welfare/sucking away resources from us that we can't afford to give away. Maybe Obamas aunt has a two bedroom apt. that she can share with a few dozen Haitians. I don't give a rats ass if its $11 dollars per citizen, as long as we have communities imploding and people here homeless we shouldn't be giving anything away. If someone wants to give let them do so, just don't force the rest of us. If you want to see citizens of a city with rampant homelessness, soaring crime rates, hunger, lack of medical attention, lack of employment, schools that have literally crumbled and are covered with lead paint, then go no further than Detroit. I'm sick of the American people being as the worlds welfare providers, especially when so many here are already suffering. I'm surprised Obama hasn't stated all the new green jobs that will be created by helping Haiti, thus offsetting the cost of this aid. Perhaps we could use dead Haitians for bio fuel, or sell their bloated bodies to the Cubans and Mexicans as makeshift inner tubes/sailing vessels to come to this country illegally.

do you have a soul?

--------------------
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. -Gandalf

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Cultivation Supplies