Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflinePhred
Fred's son
Male

Loc: Dominican Republic
Haiti -- the armpit of the Western Hemisphere
    #2345824 - 02/17/04 03:15 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Those poor Haitians have been getting fucked over for five centuries now, with no end in sight. Even when they finally manage to democratically elect a leader rather than having one imposed on them it makes no damn difference.

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/americas/02/17/haiti.revolt/index.html

I guess it would have been better for the US to have let the coup against Aristide stand. Sure as hell someone will blame the US for this mess.

Living in the Dominican Republic I meet tons of Haitians. They cross the border whenever they can. It's a big problem here. The Dominicans despise the Haitians. To many Dominicans, a Haitian is not only a competitor for a job, but an inferior type of human.

The Haitians I have met here are well-behaved and extremely hardworking. There is almost no construction crew I have seen here without at least a few Haitians on it. I like them a lot as a people. They in no way deserve the massive screwing the people in charge have unrelentingly delivered to them over the last half-millenium.

pinky

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineTheOneYouKnow
addict
Re: Haiti -- the armpit of the Western Hemisphere [Re: Phred]
    #2346435 - 02/17/04 05:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

pinksharkmark said:
Those poor Haitians have been getting fucked over for five centuries now, with no end in sight. Even when they finally manage to democratically elect a leader rather than having one imposed on them it makes no damn difference.

Strange that in Southern Africa, the same thing happens. Strange that the skin tones match in these failed nations. Strange that they are all living in climates that others are thriving in. Strange that these people of a select skin tone are suffering and behaving like others of that particular skin tone in other nations. Strange world, isn't it?
Quote:

I guess it would have been better for the US to have let the coup against Aristide stand. Sure as hell someone will blame the US for this mess.

If we interfere, it's for the [whatever Haiti produces that the liberals think the US wants to capitalize upon] and it's typical US involvement for financial gain, if we don't, it's typical US coldheartedness.
Quote:

The Haitians I have met here are well-behaved and extremely hardworking. There is almost no construction crew I have seen here without at least a few Haitians on it. I like them a lot as a people. They in no way deserve the massive screwing the people in charge have unrelentingly delivered to them over the last half-millenium.

A gent that I worked with at a local hospital was from Haiti. He spoke French, Spanish, English and a few other languages. He did have a very thick accent (sort of a jamacian/french sounding). He was one of the smartest, hardest working men that I've ever worked with, not to mention a very close friend of mine. I think it's sad that any group of people gets fucked with like this.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion