Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male User Gallery

Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: yogabunny]
    #23860104 - 11/23/16 09:43 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

The pots stirring at full tilt right now

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: yogabunny]
    #23860159 - 11/23/16 10:00 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Thats what i like to hear! :highfive:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: WackyWizard]
    #23860195 - 11/23/16 10:15 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

WackyWizard said:
Quote:

filthyknees said:
As much as I don't like military it's nice to see this. I heard the protesters where being sprayed down with water hoses, in North Dakota that could be a death sentence.

Even if nobody dies, that's practically torture except that they aren't trying to extract information.

By definition it is terrorism.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: yogabunny] * 1
    #23860208 - 11/23/16 10:20 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

yogabunny said:

Having close ties to Appalachia with generations of family there it is very sad to see what the death of coal is doing to the local economy. But then it is a larger problem in the entire economic model. It depends on antiquated ideas and an antiquated society. If the economic model does not become obsolete along with technology then human beings will never be able to thrive. Millions will eventually not even be able to survive.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #23860436 - 11/23/16 12:13 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

yogabunny said:

what's the alternative?

Pris, I am not going to argue with you.

I'd prefer to try and find common ground, or at the very least, just agree to disagree because we are never going to see eye to eye on most things. 

:flowers:

--------------------

OfflineConnoisseur

#23860674 - 11/23/16 01:29 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Alternative = sun, air, water

OfflineMo.Sigh.Aw
Stranger

#23860678 - 11/23/16 01:29 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

i could see this going south.

--------------------
CBD News

Maritime Media

Offlinetwighead
mͯó
I'm a teapot

Loc: Glenn Gould's Fuck Windmill
Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: Connoisseur] * 1
    #23860819 - 11/23/16 02:11 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Connoisseur said:
Alternative = sun, air, water

Careful, pris was waiting for you to say this :rofl:

--------------------
¿Check out some art m8?

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #23860824 - 11/23/16 02:15 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Quote:

yogabunny said:

Having close ties to Appalachia with generations of family there it is very sad to see what the death of coal is doing to the local economy. But then it is a larger problem in the entire economic model. It depends on antiquated ideas and an antiquated society. If the economic model does not become obsolete along with technology then human beings will never be able to thrive. Millions will eventually not even be able to survive.

also this is multifaceted issue because its about both the environment and the economy, coal is good for the economy but bad for the environment.

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23860851 - 11/23/16 02:28 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

yogabunny said:

what's the alternative?

In terms of energy or jobs?

Offlinehostileuniverse
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: 'Merica
Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: CookieCrumbs] * 1
    #23861805 - 11/23/16 08:01 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Quote:

WackyWizard said:
Quote:

filthyknees said:
As much as I don't like military it's nice to see this. I heard the protesters where being sprayed down with water hoses, in North Dakota that could be a death sentence.

Even if nobody dies, that's practically torture except that they aren't trying to extract information.

Nope, terrorism is what the protesters are doing, "harassing people going to work, starting fires and throwing Molotov cocktails, threatening the press"

***yeah, the DAPL protestors are terrorizing innocent people, how NOBLE of them :rolleyes:

--------------------
http://www.countdowntotrump.com

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: hostileuniverse] * 3
    #23861866 - 11/23/16 08:36 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

hostileuniverse said:
Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Quote:

WackyWizard said:
Quote:

filthyknees said:

Nope, terrorism is what the protesters are doing, "harassing people going to work, starting fires and throwing Molotov cocktails, threatening the press"

***yeah, the DAPL protestors are terrorizing innocent people, how NOBLE of them :rolleyes:

Did you read the OP?

Quote:

posted by OP:

For the Standing Rock Sioux, the Dakota Access project poses two immediate threats. First, the pipeline would run beneath Lake Oahe, the reservoir that provides drinking water to the people of Standing Rock. (An earlier route that avoided native lands was ruled out in part because it posed a danger to drinking water.) Second, according to the Standing Rock Sioux tribe, the building of the pipeline would destroy the sacred spots and burial grounds that were overlooked in the Corps’ assessment.

People have the responsibility to protect their land, homes, and families. If their water supply is destroyed then the people will die off. Under these circumstances murdering the invasion force is fully justified. I'd sympathize with these Sioux even if they began killing off these invaders (workers). And these people have been through this kind of genocidal terrorism before and its indelibly burned into their racial memory how the near extinction of the buffalo destroyed the vast majority their recent ancestors. The Sioux way of life is worth fighting for. Its forth killing for and its worth dieing for. And I for one hope they prevail over the evil intentions of their enemies.

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: Ellis Dee] * 3
    #23862137 - 11/23/16 10:43 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

damn skippy. HU is a Fox News person. he thinks this shit is like Hippy shit.

InvisiblePrisoner#1
Even Dumber ThanAdvertized!
 User Gallery

Loc: Pvt. Pubfag NutSuck
Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: yogabunny] * 1
    #23862212 - 11/23/16 11:25 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

yogabunny said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

yogabunny said:

what's the alternative?

Pris, I am not going to argue with you.

I'd prefer to try and find common ground, or at the very least, just agree to disagree because we are never going to see eye to eye on most things. 

:flowers:

I ask what the alternatives are to coal and it's suddenly a disagreement, how
would we possibly find common ground or learn what defines clean energy if you
refuse to discuss it... could this be why there's never any actual progress made?

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #23862214 - 11/23/16 11:25 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

moonrockmushy said:
Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

yogabunny said:

what's the alternative?

In terms of energy or jobs?

energy is jobs

OfflinePartoftheSource
NAUT GUILTY
 User Gallery

Loc: MIDWEST
Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: Prisoner#1]
    #23862223 - 11/23/16 11:29 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

You don't believe in renewable clean energy, pris?

--------------------
Shroomery Stickers!

InvisiblePrisoner#1
 User Gallery

Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: PartoftheSource]
    #23862235 - 11/23/16 11:36 PM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

PartoftheSource said:
You don't believe in renewable clean energy, pris?

is that what I said?

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: Prisoner#1] * 1
    #23862346 - 11/24/16 12:44 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Prisoner#1 said:
Quote:

Ellis Dee said:
Quote:

yogabunny said:

Anti-coal people don't understand that they're played for fools by the natural gas industry (GE and their cohorts), just look at who lobbies for and benefits from these policies... or that in a global economy just because coal is banned in one country it just pops up in another having absolutely zero net effect on aggregate pollution output.

http://www.npr.org/2016/11/11/501749351/trumps-plan-for-clean-coal-could-put-the-brakes-on-natural-gas

Quote:

We want our coal power plants turned back on and our electric bills to halve and factories and jobs to come back to America.

you dont want more hydro dams that would destroy millions of acres of arable land?
you dont want one of the top production polluters with the least efficiency per dollar spent that we call solar?

why do the hippies oppose nuclear energy so much?

not all of us
I'm all for nuclear

InvisibleballsalsaMDiscord
Universally Loathed and Reviled
Male User Gallery

Loc: Foreign Lands
Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: Ezuma] * 2
    #23862422 - 11/24/16 01:40 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

There are far less dangerous nuclear power options than the breeder reactors that have been popular up until now because of their ability to generate a plutonium output. (basically, you throw in some uranium 238 in the reactor and it absorbs a neutron and becomes plutonium 239).  Since everyone has more plutonium than they know what to do with, we don't need those dinosaurs anymore.  I would be thrilled if they replaced them with thorium reactors.

--------------------

Like cannabis topics? Read my cannabis blog here

OfflineEllis Dee
Archangel
Male User Gallery

Loc: Fire in the sky
Re: Veterans are planning a 'deployment' to Standing Rock to protest the Dakota Access Pipeline [Re: Ezuma]
    #23862865 - 11/24/16 08:00 AM (7 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Ezuma said:
not all of us
I'm all for nuclear

The problem with nuclear is that it works great until it goes wrong and then its a calamity of Biblical proportions. Chernobyl is still a problem. They're talking about pouring a new concrete containment wall around it. It'll be a problem for a very long time too. And if there's ever actually a nuke war the meltdown of all the power plants will be more deastating than all the bombs themselves, rendering most places uninhabitable.

Coal is the best for now. Until they can get fusion or thorium reactors going good ole coal is as safe and reliable as we can get. It'll go away eventually, as new energy technologies make it obsolete. But that won't be for a long while so lets burn some coal!

--------------------
"If the foundations be destroyed, what can the righteous do."-King Solomon

And there was war in heaven: Michael and his angels fought against the dragon; and the dragon fought and his angels,

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom